ECF Member Statistics - Weekly & Monthly Reports

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Classy suggested starting a thread with the following information.

This thread will provide the number of members who login and post weekly.

The number of new members will also be reported.

I will also post the Monthly stats.

Numbers will not reflect Guests. At any given time there are ~150 Guests online. That number varies moment by moment throughout a day.

ETA: At the time of this post the number of guests was at 153. Currently there are 227. The number of Guests can change dramatically with a page refresh.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This is semi-reminiscent of something @Katdarling and I did in Google Sheets, back when all the crazy competition thing was going on between forums (smh). We began it on 22-Apr-2016 but shut it on 29-Sep-2017 because the member counts disappeared (from the landing page) when ECF switched forums.

It was just a curiosity thing (I'm a bit of a data nerd) because of all gawd-awful sniping that had been going on. People sure can be "funny" sometimes (or/and not). :|

Given the emotions it was creating, it's probably best (for me) that we stopped it. Just glancing at it again now, I felt it all coming back. I think I'll go back to forgetting all about it, tyvm.

Anyhoo - didn't mean to drag up old & bad memories. Regarding what you're doing here, @ShowMeTwice , I LIKE IT (and thank you!)!!! :thumbs:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
This is semi-reminiscent of something @Katdarling and I did in Google Sheets, back when all the crazy competition thing was going on between forums (smh). We began it on 22-Apr-2016 but shut it on 29-Sep-2017 because the member counts disappeared (from the landing page) when ECF switched forums.
yup, probably the beginning of the end in some respect. badly handled on top of some other missteps :( so, now we have over a quarter million members and less than 2k logged in in all of november.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I haven't logged off in almost two years. So does that capture only one login?

I don't logout of ECF either. The only time I logout and login is when I periodically change my password.

If 100 members were logged in every day over the last week or month, never signing out, the system reports that as those members being logged in. The system doesn't care if members never logout. Xenforo sees user XYZ is logged in and gathers stats.

At the end of each week and month each members statistics are reset to zero.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Aw shucks, since you guys said Please......... :greengrin:

June 26 - July 2: 170 members created at least one post.
23 new members.

July 3 - July 9: 173 members created at least one post.
30 new members.

July 10 - July 16: 136 members created at least one post.
29 new members.

July 17 - July 23: 144 members created at least one post.
18 new members.

That's ^^^^^^^ just ECF members. As of this moment in time we have 265 Guests surfing the ECF. The number of Guests at any one snapshot in time is very dynamic.

There are a some members, who I won't name, that consistently have well over 100 posts per week. Currently, I am not one of those. Example: one member had 471 posts during the week of July 17-24.

I won't have the final stats for this week until Monday. July's info on Tuesday.

And that, my Friends, concludes the News for today. :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread