ecig, analogs, or both

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKEOUK

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
cumbria uk
it got my first e-cig on thursday 26th feb, thats 3 weeks tomorrow. id smoked 2 roll ups before the posty brought it. I fell in love with my e cig the moment it met my lips. I smoked 1 roll up that thursday night and non since. The real test was a week last saturday, i went to the pub and then ended up on a heavy drinking session, this is when ive always caved in the past when i haven't been smoking, i didnt even have the slightest craving,,,i know im not out of the woods yet,,i guess it could just take running out of liquid or all my batteries being flat or something and id find it hard to not smoke an analog,,but Im hoping that wont happen

shadow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2009
Birmingham UK
I think one of the biggest factors is how much hassle you have with your hardware and how consistent it performs, i bought a janty dura as my 1st e cig and although it performed ok i was still smoking about 5 analogs a day and i was continually stressing over having charged batteries, i had to charge 4 times a day and even though i preferred vaping, as the performance dropped off it was just easier to give in to an analog, anyhow after a couple of weeks one of the batteries died and i had to wait a few weeks for replacements which was really stressful on only one battery ! so i was smoking more analogs, during this period i started looking around for something that was going to be more of a consistent performer, a lot of people were talking about the EVO, i saw a few reviews and thought i'd give it a go, they do a try me kit which is about £15 you just get one charged battery an atomizer and 3 carts, used it for a day and it was garbage ! i tried dripping it topping off and it was useless no throat hit whatsoever and it failed to bring out the flavors of the juice like the dura did, so i gave that away. The next model that caught my eye was the Screwdriver, i'd read bits about it before but dismissed it on account of the cost £100, this seemed a lot to spend on something that could turn out to be another duffer, but the more i found out about it the more it ticked all the right box's, so i made a decision i'd take the gamble but if it turned out crap, that would be the end of my e cigs experimentation and i'd just revert back to analogues, i wasn't prepared to keep throwing money at gear that wasn't going to deliver. The day it arrived my first impressions were quality, it looked really nice and felt solid and good to hold, it was smaller than i imagined, i put the atomizer on and popped a cart on, it comes with the battery fully charged so it was ready to go i fired it up and bang instant throat hit this thing really delivered and when i started topping the cart off it really brought the flavours out of the juice, for the first few days this thing was permanently welded to my mouth and the battery, the first day i was that into it i forgot to change it, so the next day, woke up and just started using it again
until about 1pm i took a draw and just got a gobfull of juice i couldnt work it out at first i thought the atomizer had died but then the penny dropped i hadn't changed the battery, popped one in and all systems go again. I've had the SD for just over 4 weeks now and have not touched an analog since it arrived for the simple fact its reliable and consistent, the battery can last anything from 6 - 12 hrs dependent on use they last about 2 or 3 months instead of 2 or 3 weeks there dirt cheap to replace about a £1 each from dealextreme, mine came with a double charger which again is about £4 so i bought a spare and it takes 2hrs to charge, the atomizers are 901's which cost $6 a piece from ruyandirect.com Trog recommends you use the atomisers as a disposable, when the performance drops off chuck it away and use a new one, at that price its still cheaper than smoking analogs for me but i'm still using the same one after 4 weeks, overall it's a simple device,cheap to run and a consistent performer, i have no intention of trying anything else as the SD does everything i expected from an e cig, the only downside that people might and do quibble about is topping the carts off, you have to do this after about every 2 or 3 cigs its no big deal to me as i used to smoke roll ups and its easier and quicker than rolling a ..., the other thing is i dropped mine today and the button broke off, instant panic set in, it still works but i've got to send it back to Trog for repair, so i bought another one, i emailed Trog explained my predicament and he's sending me one next day delivery then i'll send the other one back and i'll always have a back up.So find the e cig that delivers for you then its easy to stop the analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread