Comparing nicotine content in analogs and e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
As said above, high nic is not a bad thing.

If I had listened to that bit of advice when I started vaping, I would probably shaved 2 weeks off the time it took me to walk away from the cigarettes.

Unless you are drinking the juice quickly, you'll feel the symptoms of too much nic before it becomes dangerous.

Nobody smokes the same, so the nic level of your smokes is not a great indicator. Plus you'll be vaping, which is different again from smoking.

My advice, get some low, medium, high, and extra high on your first order. Try each and see which kills the craving to smoke.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
It really depends. I would get a variety of strengths to try, from 10 - 36 mg. As was said, you can always dilute a juice that is too high. You cannot gauge what level nic should be in your juice by what you smoked. The absorption is different than an analog (mostly oral and throat, not lungs), so how much nic you need will depend on the absorption efficiency and your own body's metabolism. Try some juices and see what you like.

And to make it even more uncertain to predict, how much you vape in the beginning is not necessarily the level you will be vaping in a month. It might be more, it might be less. How you vape also important in nic absorption, and how often you hit. But a variety and just take some time, vape, enjoy, and figure it out as you go. There are no rules, no equations to follow.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Comparison is a bit pointless really but I totally understand why youre trying to - but the only way is to experiment.'
I was a full pack ultralights and 24mg was way too high for me, but for others its just right. I use 12mg regularly now and also zero nic too but others who smoked the exact same amount of the same cigs need different amounts. Nicotine is quite a good 'self-limiting' drug, not unlike caffiene. Too much of either makes you feel bad and you stop.
Its not impossible to OD yourself on nic but most people don't - even when I was smoking a TON I never OD'd, and I know co-workers who smoked up to 4 packs a day and never OD'd and I hate to think how much nic (plus all those other chemicals) they were getting a day lol.
Just go at your own pace, and you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread