Ecig Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
What surprises me is that this v8 baby stick goes with a smok atomizer with 0.15ohm coil and 0.25ohm...
Sooo I guess with the stock smok tank and 0.15ohm coil I won't be pushing 100+watts like it supposed to do with a single 2000mah battery that it has inside...
So it must be one of those tube mods with single button that are regulated to give less volts I guess???.....or sense the ohms of the stock coils and provide the wattage set from factory for those coils by smok???

I mean there is a mod from innokin I think like that with one button that sences if the ohms are more than 1ohm it was giving 12watts and if it was lower it was giving 18watts or something .....I mean if this is similar then it possibly wouldn't even work at all maybe if it was sensing coils with much different ohms that the ones that came with the smok atomizer it was in the kit...
Or maybe work but give very high wattage or very weak???? I don't know just saying

either way it's not a good match for the voopoo pnp tank...u need a mod with adjustable wattage to really do your work with that atomizer I guess...
Except if u use similar ohms coils 0.15ohm or 0.25ohm... I guess that would work

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Can I use a ‘Voo poo adapt PnP tank with a 60-80w coil’ on a ‘v8 baby stick’? Just wondering as I don’t want to ruin my coils.
    Any help is greatly appreciated Thankyou.

I can't find a voopoo adapt tank.

What is the resistance rating on the coil in that tank?

• Agree
    Reactions: Superuser187

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I can't find a voopoo adapt tank.

What is the resistance rating on the coil in that tank?

I couldn't find it either, but I came up with some Voopoo PnP replacement coils which I assumed were what the OP was talking about. My calculations used 0.15 ohms, the resistance of the 60 - 80 w coil I found.

Blackbird711

May 7, 2021
    It wouldn't work well and would likely fry your coil. The power (wattage) would be too high most of the time.

Do you mind if I ask why you're using a mechanical-style stick (the V8 Baby stick) rather than an adjustable wattage mod? With an adjustable mod, you could use any tank you liked.
    It’s the only mod I have at the moment. Both of my Eleaf mods have broken. The usb has detached. I’m so careful but they last about 6 months

Blackbird711

May 7, 2021
    I couldn't find it either, but I came up with some Voopoo PnP replacement coils which I assumed were what the OP was talking about. My calculations used 0.15 ohms, the resistance of the 60 - 80 w coil I found.
    Voopoo pnp, is a tank with a magnetised bottom. Pretty cool but leak like hell. I’m using a 60-80w coil in it at the moment

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    It’s the only mod I have at the moment. Both of my Eleaf mods have broken. The usb has detached. I’m so careful but they last about 6 months

That USB connection is often a weak point. I take it you're using it for charging? You might want to try a replaceable battery mod and charge your batteries in an external charger. That way the USB doesn't get so much use, and it's better for the batteries anyway.

• Agree
    Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread