ecigars being phased out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymri

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Austin Texas
Hi All,

I decided I want to try out an ecigar because of the standard batteries they use and for the increased capacity, but they suddenly seem very hard to find.

I'm wondering who is still selling them and more importantly whether I will be able to get replacement atomizers for them in the future.

Anyone on the supply side know whats going on with ecigars?

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Hi,
I know that njoy is phasing out their e-cigars (NGAR) to be replaced by disposable ones (NROBO) sometime this month. But I believe the Puresmoker.com will have them back in stock once they have completed their move. Keep your eyes open on their site. I think they said they will be relaunching around the 20th.

Good Luck!

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Exactly! Thanks Candy. Now anyone here have one? Do the atomizers last? They are more costly than other atomizers, but the cheap batteries might offset that?

Depending on who you get them from, the atomizer will last anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks. To be honest, the only one's I have had that lasted 8 weeks were from www.esmokestop.com .

Cymri

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Austin Texas
DC is correct and these very old e-cigars are probably history. I certainly would NOT buy one today expecting to have replacement parts available any time in the future. Can you say "orphan?"

Thanks TB - I definitely value your insight and it's confirmation of what I feel is going on.

I think I will instead turn my attention to a mod using those standard batteries and 901 or 401 atomizers that I can feel more confident of having long term production support

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Depending on who you get them from, the atomizer will last anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks. To be honest, the only one's I have had that lasted 8 weeks were from www.esmokestop.com .

Blings (ruyan brand) last dang near forever (and there's a 5 year warranty to back it up from Wayne @ heaven gifts )

The RN cigars (ruyan clones) atomizers last many many many months. When they start to get wimpy, blow them out and stick a little roll of paper towel in there to soak up whatever's left, and push the CLEAN BUTTON for 10 or 15 seconds.
Prime it and leave it sit for a couple minutes to get wet again, and puff away, good as new. I've had two die from switch issues, they didn't last long. Ones that make it thru the break-in last a looooong time though.

I haven't tried the DSE ones yet, but I will soon.

Cigars rule :) HUUUUUGE carts, cheeeeeap batteries, ridiculous clouds of vapor

T.Bob - what replacement parts are you referring to? There are no parts. A tube, and an end cap.... the batts and chargers can be had from DXtreme for cheap

Last edited:

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
If you are looking for something that smokes like a cigar... lots of vapor, try Instead Electronic Cigarette, Buy e Cigarettes & Electric Cig Accessories
I just today had occassion to try one of their e-cigarettes, it's about the size of a pee-wee and boy did I get clouds of vapor. After trying the cigarette from this site, I regretted all my prior purchases because this ecig beat everything including the e-cigar, which up until now was my favorite.

BTW After trying one from here, as soon as I could get to a computer, I ordered a kit and some carts. I can't wait until they arrive.

Cymri

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Austin Texas
it's not so much a vapor issue for me as being able to use cheap standard batteries that I can buy anywhere. Also, since those batteries are 360 mAh vs like 140 mAh in the minis, it appeals to me to be able to have a battery last all day as opposed to changing them out mid day all the time. Likewise larger carts that require less refilling is an issue for me too.

As for the Ruyan Bling, I definitely dig it, but I don't see them listed anymore in Ruyan's site so I fear they are on the way out. Ruyan seems to be focusing on their disposable products now which I am not down with at all.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Ruyan Blings are sold by Wayne, Heaven Gifts. I really can't be sure if he is doing so under license or not; but shortly ago he did have to change his guarantee on them, making the guarantee only effective if you use the original Ruyan carts in them.

To me this sounds as if he is indeed selling with Ruyan-consent so probably won't be in any trouble with them.
Though only time will tell for sure though (he is still selling them now, that's one thing for sure... just ordered a few and they are on their way as we speak).

Oh btw as to lifetime of those: he says that about 4 months of fairly heavy use is what he sees as average lifespan on them (and mind you, after that you can send them to him for a few dollars postage and get a new one, if indeed you kept to the guarantee-rule).

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Hi All,

I decided I want to try out an ecigar because of the standard batteries they use and for the increased capacity, but they suddenly seem very hard to find.

I'm wondering who is still selling them and more importantly whether I will be able to get replacement atomizers for them in the future.

Anyone on the supply side know whats going on with ecigars?

hey I own sevaral e cigars from ruyan, heavens gifts (china)
I own literally every item out there, so it seems and the e cigar, I am actually a little disappointed from the throat hit
The disposable hits better, but not like the 901's
try heavens gifts for batteries, and I have a few extra

good luck

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
I have two NJOY NGARs (e-cigar). User for only a month now-works great for me. They come with 1 year warranty-which it appears they honor.

I purchased mine from njoycigarettes.com and used coupon code NJOY10 for additional 10% off.

As to whether e-cigars will be phased out -my take is no one really knows-variations and model changes in this industry should continue at a rapid pace.

If the warranty is not of interest, you can save initial dollars:
buy generic batteries and charger, cigar tubes (atomizer), cartridges separately and e-liquid.

I like the big clouds of vapor and the taste.

If you puff on it like a real cigar be sure and keep extra batteries charged-I usually only get about 2 hours per battery of steady puffing.

Under DIY forum you will find people who have repaired e-cigar atomizers, made their own e-pipe using a real pipe,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread