Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Probably big tobacco. They got a lot of people and governments in their pocket. Argggggggggggggg. stuff like that runs my BP up.

Now why would big tobacco shoot themselves in the foot? Guess who bought Blu and pays for those ads on TV? With them on our side, and hopefully in EU as well, there will be some muscle to fight a bit.

I would be more worried about Big Pharma losing its sales on that gum, those patches and the pills.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
it is definitely a step back, but a ban is not really synonymous with it being illegal. pvs and liquid are banned in canada as well. there is still growth in the industry in canada, and it's still catching on. this is not awesome news, though. i remember just a few years ago being able to smoke in airports in the eu. i imaginnthe ability to vape in public will depend on local bylaws and such.
no fun. :(

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Now why would big tobacco shoot themselves in the foot? Guess who bought Blu and pays for those ads on TV? With them on our side, and hopefully in EU as well, there will be some muscle to fight a bit.

I would be more worried about Big Pharma losing its sales on that gum, those patches and the pills.
I totally agree, I'm growing very tired of this BT (especially Blu/Lorilard) should not be involved with e-cigs Fear, when even CASAA would rather have e-cigs categorised as Tobacco products. How would this be achieved with out the muscle BT has to offer?
I can not comprehend why BT is being Demonised for wanting to make the switch too.

We all accept that regulation in some form will be inevitable, yet we refuse to accept anyone other than Chinese Manufacturers and Small Business to participate.
Has anyone considered the loss to the US/ World economy if BT had to 'close down'? How many satellite companies would be affected? much more the case with job losses across the entire spectrum? And yet the Drum still beats 'get rid of BT'.

Personally, if BT chooses to make the switch, I believe it will make for a better industry, the Regulators of the different countries would be better able to insist that Vaping Materials where tested and regulated Safely. We require a Standard. Especially so with e-liquid.

I think bans have nothing to do with Personal/Consumer safety. I find it probably has do with Industry Protectionism, I'm basing my opinion on the Smaller countries (Singapore and the Emirates) which have Huge smoking populations, the sale of tobacco and proceeds heavily line the pockets of a few individuals, said individuals probably don't have their commission contracts/allocations in place yet. Australia has only banned the sale of nicotine liquid, not imports or personal use. Same in a number of other countries.

I'm not convinced that e-cigs will be banned out right in the EU either.
But as already mentioned the ECCA and CASAA requires Every Member to support them in taking action on these matters.
We each have to do our bit irrespective of which Country we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread