ECITA - Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Associate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Welcome to ECITA - The Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association

I was curious, I came across this in a comments section on an article related to ecigs. It looks to be quite the regulatory-style organization which is designed to promote and verify the safety and accuracy of ecig supplies.

I know we have CASAA which has been doing a great job for us on the legal aspect of things, but I'm unaware if we have anything like this here in the US? Some of the things required to earn ECITA's ISE (Industry Standard of Excellence) include blind tests of the juices to show they are safe, child-proofing and proper weights and measures.

Looking this over, this looks like a fairly comprehensive sort of an organization which could add a lot of credibility to the vendors associated with it, kind of like the Good Housekeeping seal used to be. There can be a lot of hit and miss in a lot of things ecig, and while there are some folks who don't want regulation of any kind....this organization sounds like the perfect balance to me. Vendors don't have to be a part of it if they don't want to prove that they're complying with the appropriate laws and/or selling you an unsafe or shorted product.

Any of you vapers in the UK have a take on this organization? Good/bad? Seems you might be a few steps ahead of us in the UK. I personally would like to see a sort of independent e-cig knowledgeable agency that works with the law but also provides safety reassurances. A next step, or a partner organization to CASAA, basically.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
There are 3 e-cigarette industry organizations in the US: TVECA, SFATA and AEMSA. None of them have achieved the same vendor support as ECITA, but it took a lot longer for US vendors to start organizing. To be fair, the UK also got into the market sooner and is a lot smaller than the US. ECITA also has some very dedicated volunteers like CASAA and people willing and able to work long hours for free makes a big difference. ECITA was also doing in the UK what CASAA does in the US before ECCA-UK was formed.

I would be interested in UK vendors' take on ECITA and what makes more UK vendors get behind their trade organization, too, for ideas on how to get US vendors to get behind a trade group here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread