EDIT: Nude Nicotine does not sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Catching a trend (while reading DIY forum) I decided to test nicotine salts, so I ordered free ($2.75) sample from Nude Nicotine. What a disappointment... It's yellow! I am even reluctant to taste it.
IMG_20171202_131110.jpg

I always sought NN is a reliable supplier. Looks like not anymore.
Or it's me? May be I am just a fool, and nicotine salts should be yellow?

EDIT: Yes, it was me who was wrong. See next post from Sugar_and_Spice

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Yes, it should be yellow. They offer a complete explanation on Nicotine River's site about why the color exists. I don't know why Nude nic does not.

But it should be fine, but of course its up to you if you decide to try it.

:)
Thanks. Will try it in 10 minutes.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Yup my nic salts are (and remain) a very pale yellow... :)

Anna
But mine is not pale yellow, it is yellow-brownish. Not pale. If I do decide to buy more, I'll wait at least two months - to get them rid of their current supply.
Are you buying your salts from NN?

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don’t use nicotine salts just the regular stuff but nicotine river sells quality stuff at a great price. Also the have lots of flavors sold in larger quantities so it ls a great one stop shop for all your diy needs and you won’t have to pay shipping from multiple sites.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
In my experience that's pretty yellow for a fresh order, mine look like that after a brief time outside a freezer though. Definitely not an issue, but definitely more yellow than a fresh order should be IMHO. I bet their samples they send are not made-to-order but who knows.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for answers.
Now I see that NN sucks a bit. Their nicotine salts are darker than those from other sellers. If I decide to buy more of salts, it will be not from NN.
By the way, I did liked the stuff. Isn't it the same thing Big Tobacco was blamed for?

Not sure what you mean? Big tobacco added all kinds of chemicals, etc WITHOUT informing the public what they were doing. It wasn't until the big court battles that won the states their settlements after it was proven that cigarettes are harmful to our health. So, if I am forgetting something, please remind me.
I don't see any vendors adding stuff secretly into any of the flavors we buy. No one is forcing vapers to use nic salts unknowingly. Its simply a choice. Nothing else.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Not sure what you mean? Big tobacco added all kinds of chemicals, etc WITHOUT informing the public what they were doing. It wasn't until the big court battles that won the states their settlements after it was proven that cigarettes are harmful to our health. So, if I am forgetting something, please remind me.
I don't see any vendors adding stuff secretly into any of the flavors we buy. No one is forcing vapers to use nic salts unknowingly. Its simply a choice. Nothing else.
Freebase nicotine - SourceWatch
But I am asking question, not answering it. I do not want any answers from vaping sites (like I do not want any tobacco-related health answers from tobacco sites).
Tobacco companies were increasing "hit" from nicotine. Doesn't nicotine salts have the same quality?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Freebase nicotine - SourceWatch
But I am asking question, not answering it. I do not want any answers from vaping sites (like I do not want any tobacco-related health answers from tobacco sites).
Tobacco companies were increasing "hit" from nicotine. Doesn't nicotine salts have the same quality?
I seem to remember NN having 3 different versions of nic salts. One was regular, one was smooth, and one was hit or something like that. And if these products are increasing the 'hit' from nic salts, the buyer knows exactly what they are buying. And the buyer is choosing to do so. With cigarettes, we did not have a choice and didn't know they were adding stuff as they were sneaky about it. We just kept buying cigs with no clue as to exactly what we were inhaling. To me that is the difference.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Isn't it the same thing Big Tobacco was blamed for?
I think you have it backwards @Alien Traveler,
Nicotine, as it naturally occurs in tobacco leaves, is in the form of salts. Tobacco companies got the black eye for using ammonia (and other toxic chemicals) to convert these salt forms to freebase form; which is the form that is more readily bio-available, and therefore provides better hit ("hit" meaning better/faster absorption; and not to be confused with throat hit).

@dannyv45 has a great article (in 2 parts) on it in his blogs here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/nicotine-what-is-it-exactly-part-1.5449/
Nicotine, What is it exactly? Part 2 | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/nicotine-what-is-it-exactly-part-2.5450/
As for nic salts being used in e-liquids; I have read two basic rationals. One is, when used in tandem with our regular nicotine, it can provide another "layer" of nicotine that some find helpful when try to quit using tobacco products (similar to WTAs). The other, was when the pod-style vapes were (are being) developed; as they could use the salts at much higher (as much as 48-50mg/mL?) strengths without having excessive/prohibitive throat-hit.

What NN might be adding to their formulation to increase throat-hit; I have ZERO clue.

I should add: I am not even remotely educated in chemistry; so I may be 100% wrong, but this is as I understand it. I welcome any, and all, corrections.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
This probably isn’t the place, but what’s the difference between NETs and WTAs?
Kinda wondering myself. I don't use tobacco vapes myself. I think one is made directly from tobacco and the other adds the alkoids found in tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread