• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

[Edited]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatty ead

Dec 21, 2015
Hi all - I am arriving in Singapore for a 5 day holiday over Christmas - I have been vaping for a few years now. I do plan on bringing my 'kit' with me and disassembled in various locations of my baggage. What are the chances of customs finding this on arrival? What may be the consequences of this? Do people vape in public? Sorry if these questions have been previously answered. I just dont want to end up smoking tobacco because I cant vape. I look forward to some information.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
I guess you've read the 1st page of the Newbies thread. That should suffice for now. To soothe the hostility, here are the places you can visit while you're here:

DSC_0519color.JPG
8520305931_30cdb6fcf9_z.jpg
jurong-birdpark_2.jpg
littleindia-temple.jpg
lau_pa_sat_01.JPG

or if you're looking for fish tanks, can try geylang.
Thailand-Fish-Tank-film.jpg

Reactions: KenshinAdryan

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Hi all - I am arriving in Singapore for a 5 day holiday over Christmas - I have been vaping for a few years now. I do plan on bringing my 'kit' with me and disassembled in various locations of my baggage. What are the chances of customs finding this on arrival? What may be the consequences of this? Do people vape in public? Sorry if these questions have been previously answered. I just dont want to end up smoking tobacco because I cant vape. I look forward to some information.

1. Its not about the chances if the authority finds ur gear. Will you be willing to pay the SGD$10K fine in the event u got caught?

2. There are still dumbasses that still vape in the public, but not common. I guess they have SGD$10K to spare. The govt just reinforced the ban against e-cig on 15 Dec. So this is kind of the HOT season.

3. Conclusion: Advice that u dont try it...

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
I know SG formally banned it already but I can't find the exact law that effects the ban. The law they quoted in news articles bans import, smuggling, distribution and sale, but the words possession and usage nowhere inside. Does anyone know the law that bans possession and usage? If there isn't one we can vape with impunity in sg.
Like we said, go ahead and do what you think is correct. We are all grown ups, and certainly need no sentiment of approval from peers.
We are not challenging nor decimating the power of the law. Each of us has our own interpretation of the law and subsequent actions/ behaviours. Just remember that there is no use being a crybaby when the consequence is too much to bear. @VapGeek would recommend that you have S$10K to spare to bail yourself out because we won't weep for you if you get caught. Simple and blunt truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karstine

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
I know SG formally banned it already but I can't find the exact law that effects the ban. The law they quoted in news articles bans import, smuggling, distribution and sale, but the words possession and usage nowhere inside. Does anyone know the law that bans possession and usage? If there isn't one we can vape with impunity in sg.

I may sound like a broken recorder because everybody is always doing this type of crap. They like to say "oh but the law never state cannot possess and cannot vape what" so I can and I will vape and I will be safe.

Stop speculating on the law. There are at least two threads on this local forum where we discussed about the law. The final answer was stop bloody speculating. If you dare to bring your vape out and want to vape. By all means, I welcome you to try. Just don't come back to the forum and cry about how HiShAm took your vape or what.

This is not being hostile. The veteran have noticed that all the newbie all like to do this kind of thing. And I have been advising people that the law is very vague and that the officer can and will confiscate your mod if they see you vaping in public. If you still want to do it, then put 10k in a bank account and named it Vape Reserve. After that, find a good lawyer and save money for him also for when the time come to fight it out.

To @tatty ead vaping is illegal in Singapore period. Bringing in, even for personal usage is considered importation and this carries a heavy fine of up to 10k or up to 6 month in prison or both. Of course if you disassemble it and put your pv in your luggage you will have no excuse for anything if an officer catch you as you have willingly tried to hide your PV. The officers in Singapore know how a tube mod and box mod look like.

To everybody thinking why is this kitty cat so hostile to anybody speculating the law. This is a statement I will always tell my friends.

"EH the law already so bloody vague you all not happy ah? speculate this and speculate that. One day the government wise up and suddenly add possession into the law, everyone will up lorry liao. Then you all start complaining. Simi sai logic?"

Army already teach you a very important core value already.

Last edited:

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
I won't recommend you to fly in your vape equipment here. You can feign ignorance if you do bring it in, but be warned that ignorance isn't really tolerated here.

Best you tolerate not vaping for the five days. Spend some quality time with your family and have a good time here in Singapore!

All the best in your temporary cessation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terryreeves

Nov 2, 2010
Singapore
Speculating the law is for kids.
As sg vapers we should know the exact technical legalities of what we are doing, what individuals do with that knowledge is of course up to them. Adopting the mindset of "I don't know leh, I think cannot." does not do yourself any favors. Its better to know and not need it than needing it and not knowing.

Reactions: nonokumurah.k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread