Effects of heat on juice and gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I live in the desert southwest, so it gets pretty damn hot here in the summertime. Reason I'm asking is because the last few days have been nearly 100F and it's freaking MARCH.

Any others who live in a hotter environment noticed a difference in juices, or noticed your gear have a different performance than when it was cooler perhaps? Where I live, it's pretty much in the Top 5 of hottest places in the USA on a regular basis. Just curious if anyone has noted things like seals breaking down quicker, or other mechanical problems as well as if juices tend to change their flavor/vapor when it's really hot.

I already expect the battery life isn't going to be as good, I have dealt with that long enough so will prepare for it.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
One other question I'll include along with this: I haven't ordered any clearomizers, but they look like they might be a pretty good choice. I have a few mini tanks on the way, and currently have just cartomizers in use.

I've read a lot of reviews about clearos being easy to clean and fill, but sometimes having a burnt taste and quite a few reports of leaking on a regular basis.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I was expecting that to a certain extent. I'm hoping it won't be any kind of a rapid change of flavor...or do things like crack tanks.

IE if it's hot enough outside (120F +) will some of the juice potentially vaporize and increase pressure inside a clearo/tank and perhaps cause leaks or even a crack? Heat is hard on batteries, so it's going to result in a shorter battery life. I try not to spend too much time outdoors on hot days, but I do walk back and forth to work so that is a consideration.

I am already planning on keeping my gear in a case or pack or something (not in my pocket) so that body heat is a minimal or non-factor.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You have a good point there about increase pressure in a hot tank. That is a real possibility and would cause your tanks to leak if not crack. You would probably start seeing some stress cracks if left in the heat for a long time. I don't know how far of a walk you are talking about but I doubt it's far enough to cause enough pressure to cause a leak or crack.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Interesting. The heat is only a consideration for me when I'm not AT home or work, as they're both air conditioned. I'll probably have something more expendable when I'm out and about.

Good to know that it actually seems to work better.

Yeah it's not a very far walk to work (only about 15 mins) so I didn't figure it should be a noticeable thing except perhaps over time. However, when I'm out and about for a few hours doing errands and what not, getting in/out of a hot car...if I carry my PV with me that's why I was looking for potential issues from other folks where heat gets pretty high.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I'm actually new to vaping. I have incoming vape mail....any.....day.....now....which contains a couple eGo twists, 2 ce4 tanks and the kanger t3 and a boge f15 'skinny' tank.

I didn't order any clearomizers, but given that I'm in one of the hotter places of the USA, I just wanted to know if anyone else had desert experience that could tip me off to any heat-related problems.

I'm not worried overmuch about the juice. The tanks I have are small and I might not even bring tanks to work. I can use my cig-a-like with the cartos at work if I notice any problems. It was more curiosity than anything else.

Only time I would plan on carrying a significant amount of juice would be if I were traveling somewhere and/or being outside for a more extended time period.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Regarding the clearos, I use the Vivi Novas (essentially big clears) and haven't had any leaking or burnt tastes, besides the time I tried to dry burn after cleaning (never again). Works great for me if you know how to clean it properly. I personally prefer to have a few in rotation so I'm not 'locked in' to one flavor at a time, since the tank is 3.5mls so you kinda have to choose your juice wisely if you only have one laying around. Regarding the heat/cracking issue, just look into the metal replacement tanks for the Novas.

Vision VIVI NOVA Metal Tubes for 3.5ml Tank - Get Colorful Metal Tubes for your VIVI NOVA Tank - Latest in eCig Innovation

*Warning - Ive never ordered from that site and cannot vouch on their service. That was just linked as an example via a quick google search.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
So with those tubes doesn't it pretty much negate one of the advantages of clearomizers in that you know how much juice you have left? I also like to change flavors so far...so I have like 6 cartos sitting in front of me right now.

I watched a few vids about cleaning clearos and pretty much all of them suggested a bit of dry burning. Why do you say no? And what do you use by the way?

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Remember this, most machines and your PV is a machine, the metal well expand minutely and most machines don't like alot of heat but are usually ok so don't worry about your PV, as to the tanks there not air tight so no compression is going to build to the point of cracking, but could lead to a bit of leakage.

My novas haven't leaked yet and I work in a constant 30-35 Celsius in winter, 40-55 summer, no probs yet.

The electronics could fail but depends on how heat compliant they are. I'm sure they well be ok to. My IPod is just fine during hot spells etc.

P.S I'm a millwright and have a bit of knowledge on how heat effects electronics etc.

Last edited:

Riboflavin

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Arizona
I'm actually new to vaping. I have incoming vape mail....any.....day.....now....which contains a couple eGo twists, 2 ce4 tanks and the kanger t3 and a boge f15 'skinny' tank.

I didn't order any clearomizers

The T3 is actually a clearomizer :) I am new to vaping as well but also in AZ, so far my ego twist + T3 has been great but I wouldn't recommend leaving your stuff in the car all day or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread