eGo Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxstar

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Nebraska
I am looking into upgrading to an eGo, but I don't know what would be better for me, the tank, the C or the 510. I want something that is easy to use and gives great vapor production. The less I have to fiddle with it, the better... And who are some good, quality & affordable vendors to go through. My current PV is from Aqua Vapor (a friend gave it to me though) and their eGo kits are like $60.00. Is this a good deal? Anyone have any experience with their hardware?

ShayBabe15

Moved On
Jan 29, 2013
Hey! I have a few eGO's.
My favorite one of from Apollo. I absolutely love these guys. I got the Superior Kit, I'm not much into the C, or Twists. Mine is a 510 and I love, love, love it. It's very easy to use and lasted me for months on end. It would be about $70.00's, comes with mods, charger and free e-juice. If you add their coupon for 19% off, you'll save even more.
Ego electronic cigarette
Madvapes also has some good deals
eGo Kits, eGo E-Cigs, eGo E-Cigarettes | MadVapes http://www.madvapes.com/pv-s-and-kits/510-kits.html- I have two custom builds from these guys.
If you search around for some vendors and read the reviews, you'll have a better grip on what you want. If you'd like a few more vendors to start at, let me know!
And $60.00 sounds just about right to me..for the things that it comes with, doesn't seem too bad.

Nicholette

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
My eGo from apollo came yesterday and I LOVE it!! Much better than their cigarette look alike kit but I do not have any of the other eGo's to compare it to yet. Someone had posted this yesterday Rawr Vapor: Ego Basics Kit - Mods - Hardware its only $19 does not come with much, more of a trial thing that you could add an extra battery, travel chargers, clearomizers etc as you wanted. But if your friend has one and you are already sure its what you want you may want a better kit from the start. The price for everything you get from Aqua is good and you can get the pretty batteries lol Never used that company before but seems right. I would add the lanyard though as dorky as it looks if you are anything like me I lose these things a lot if they are not attached to me. Just to used to putting a cigarette out and never worrying about it again I guess.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I am looking into upgrading to an eGo, but I don't know what would be better for me, the Tank, the C or the 510. I want something that is easy to use and gives great vapor production. The less I have to fiddle with it, the better... And who are some good, quality & affordable vendors to go through. My current PV is from Aqua Vapor (a friend gave it to me though) and their eGo kits are like $60.00. Is this a good deal? Anyone have any experience with their hardware?

Good morning (for me anyway)! Just a note of clarification - "510" is the internal thread size of the eGo. All eGos have 510 sized threads, so other 510 devices can be screwed into them. There is also a "510 Battery" which is a little cig-a-like battery that came out before the eGo.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
that is a nice starter kit (ive seen just the battery/passthrough for more that that :)
My eGo from apollo came yesterday and I LOVE it!! Much better than their cigarette look alike kit but I do not have any of the other eGo's to compare it to yet. Someone had posted this yesterday Rawr Vapor: Ego Basics Kit - Mods - Hardware its only $19 does not come with much, more of a trial thing that you could add an extra battery, travel chargers, clearomizers etc as you wanted. But if your friend has one and you are already sure its what you want you may want a better kit from the start. The price for everything you get from Aqua is good and you can get the pretty batteries lol Never used that company before but seems right. I would add the lanyard though as dorky as it looks if you are anything like me I lose these things a lot if they are not attached to me. Just to used to putting a cigarette out and never worrying about it again I guess.

Roxstar

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Nebraska
eGo batteries are a great starter make sure its a 510 thread though as it makes finding tanks easier IMO personally i use 1000 mah eGo C Twist with a v core 2.0 for the price you cant get better vape production :vapor:

Good morning (for me anyway)! Just a note of clarification - "510" is the internal thread size of the eGo. All eGos have 510 sized threads, so other 510 devices can be screwed into them. There is also a "510 Battery" which is a little cig-a-like battery that came out before the eGo.

So are all eGos 510 threads or ??? I don't mean to sound so clueless, this can all be very confusing though.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
So are all eGos 510 threads or ??? I don't mean to sound so clueless, this can all be very confusing though.

Yes eGo is a class or size of PV and are all 510 threading- the most popular. Generally the name brand choices are:
JoyTech eGo- fires @ I heard anywhere from 3.3- 3.5 volts
SLB Kgo- fires @ 3,7 volts
SmokTek eGo- fores @ 3.7 volts
All the above are manufactured and by large and reputable companies. I own the JoyTech eGo and Kgo and notice a better vape with the Kgo. Depending on the PV you have now it may not be much of an upgrade.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
I have the 510 Penstyle which is kind of a step up from where you are now but not by much. I use 82mm batteries with 280mah power, using standard resistance cartomisers and a drip tip. Personally, that in conjunction with a PCC (portable charging case), it does the job. I tried the 510 Penstyle as a tank but couldn't really get on with cleaning the atomisers. I've also tried the Ego-T with 650mah but didn't like the weight and size of the thing and, again, didn't like cleaning the attys as they never seemed as good after washing.

I actually downgraded from the Ego-T to the Penstyle because I preferred something closer to a cig-a-like... I know you don't like cartomisers and refilling them constantly but otherwise, what are you really looking for in a PV? Cig-a-like or massive power?x

Roxstar

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Nebraska
Yes eGo is a class or size of PV and are all 510 threading- the most popular. Generally the name brand choices are:
JoyTech eGo- fires @ I heard anywhere from 3.3- 3.5 volts
SLB Kgo- fires @ 3,7 volts
SmokTek eGo- fores @ 3.7 volts
All the above are manufactured and by large and reputable companies. I own the JoyTech eGo and Kgo and notice a better vape with the Kgo. Depending on the PV you have now it may not be much of an upgrade.

Right now, I'm using the Classic RN4081 from Aqua Vapor with cartos. I'm having to refill the cartos way more frequently than I'd like to. And as a chain-vapor, after about 3-4 puffs, the cartos warm up quite a bit, not hot, warm, especially with the stainless steel ones, just doesn't seem like that's good? I feel like I'm overusing it.

Roxstar

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Nebraska
I have the 510 Penstyle which is kind of a step up from where you are now but not by much. I use 82mm batteries with 280mah power, using standard resistance cartomisers and a drip tip. Personally, that in conjunction with a PCC (portable charging case), it does the job. I tried the 510 Penstyle as a tank but couldn't really get on with cleaning the atomisers. I've also tried the Ego-T with 650mah but didn't like the weight and size of the thing and, again, didn't like cleaning the attys as they never seemed as good after washing.

I actually downgraded from the Ego-T to the Penstyle because I preferred something closer to a cig-a-like... I know you don't like cartomisers and refilling them constantly but otherwise, what are you really looking for in a PV? Cig-a-like or massive power?x

I guess I would have to say I'm looking for something in between the two. I wouldn't mind something bigger than the cig-a-like I have but I don't want to spend the money on a ProVari or anything. I just want something simple. Limited fiddling and fuss, good vape production and something that works well for chain vaping.

Roxstar

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Nebraska
I bought this kit for my aunt as a starter kit its a smaller battery (can be concealed in your palm) , but comes with 2 so you always have one charged
eGo 650mah CE4 Kit

Nice. That looks about perfect. Will definitely keep it in mind when it comes time to make the final selection. Not a bad price at all either. Thank you!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    After using egos for quite awhile, I have found using the original Joyetech's to be much better. The Upgrade model has protection circuitry and will vape 3.4volts or 3.7volts.

I use the passtrough 650's for easier charging. Joye also has some very nice pink and white ones.

egosss.jpg

DDark4eva

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 13, 2013
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey! I have a few eGO's.
    My favorite one of from Apollo. I absolutely love these guys. I got the Superior Kit, I'm not much into the C, or Twists. Mine is a 510 and I love, love, love it. It's very easy to use and lasted me for months on end. It would be about $70.00's, comes with mods, charger and free e-juice. If you add their coupon for 19% off, you'll save even more.
    Ego electronic cigarette

I second Apollo mainly cus i've dealt with them and they offer a 1yr warranty, I jus bought a ego VV from them. They always have a sale going u can get their ego kit for $58 or so shipped.

That being said, the deal pointed out by PBFloyd is a pretty good one price wise. I personally cant speak for the site.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread