eGo AIO trick to avoid dry/burnt hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzznut

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
N.J.
I have been using the AIO for a while now, and nothing is more aggravating than prematurely retiring a coil because its burnt. But I have found a simple solution for this, and have not had a burnt coil since. The trick is this: when you are getting a dry hit, blow INTO the mouthpiece to introduce more juice into the coil. The physics are there- When you blow into the tip, you are slightly compressing the air that is in the tank. When the air expands back to atmospheric, it forces some juice into the coil. It's that simple. Of course, there are caveats, if the tank is near full and has little air volume, a couple of sharp hard blows will be necessary. If there is more air volume than juice, be careful with the pressure you introduce as you will easily flood the coil with too much juice. When you get the hang of it, you will never have a burnt coil again, unless the coil itself is defective. Try it!

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
That actually works? Not doubting this, I'm not really familiar with that device, but the physics seem a bit off. Wouldn't closing off the air flow and gently sucking (without firing) be more effective in re-saturating a wick? Although blowing might force any trapped air out of the wick area (near the juice holes). Not doubting you, but I am a nerd, and I HAVE GOT TO KNOW how things work. lol.. Near CDO actually.
(That is OCD, but alphabetically, like it is SUPPOSED to be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread