eGO burnt taste after day of use, want to do cart mod, link to mod and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Not being allowed to post in full members area of PM the creator of this mod, I have to post this in the New Members Area. I have started using my first (eGO) 2 days ago, and have run into what seems to be a VERY common problem. Burning taste. I did a quick search, and WOW, look at all the threads, seems to be a very common issue. Not wanting to throw in the e-cig towel so early, I think I know the cause, and would like some feedback, and I have questions about the following mod:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html

I vape pretty regularly with refillable carts, and it seems I don't have to vape long, before it starts to taste "off" or slightly burnt. Cart will only take a few drops before it pools up, and no fibers in the atty. After (3-4 drops only) topping off more than a few times, pulled the core out to see it was very wet inside the mouthpiece, but dry at the end. I am not constantly vaping, and am curious as to why it appears not to be wicking as it should. I think I've been using the two carts for about 2 days. No burn marks, but I've read that after a day or so, they need to be tossed out ???

Back to the ^^^^^^ above linked mod. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the mod correctly or not. Pull out the core, cut it into 1/3 -- 2/3'rds sized pieces, discard the larger portion and fill the empy cart with juice, then slide the smaller (1/3'rd size) piece of core back over the juice ??

I think this would solve me "not wicking" issue, but what am I missing here ?? If you fill a completely empty cart with juice, then top it off with a small portion of the core, why doesn't the juice just run out the mouth hole ??

Is there a relatively universal "only use carts for a day or two max" kind of rule ?? Don't want to give up this early, and also don't want my fiancee's frustruation to grow. :) In closing, I ruled out everything else in my eGO but tossing the (2 day old) cart and installing a pre-filled cart with the exact same brand/nic.

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    The filling that come with a cart, pre-filled or blank usually wicks poorly. The mouth hole only
    connects to the air passages, not to where you're filling it with juice, cutting down on the amont
    of filler and using a plug just at the top give you more room for more juice (it's a good thing!!)

You can also try http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modernvapor/61020-blue-foam-straw-mod-photos.html which replaces the filler
    with blue aquarium filter foam that wicks better that the white polyfil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread