Ego C-Twist Issues... Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

workingpapi

Nov 21, 2014
San Salvador
So I have an Ego C Twist battery.. It would usually take about 3-4 hours for a full charge.. It only has a white light so I plug it, stays blinks a few times and stays on for as long as it's charging. The problem is .. Lately it runs off, I plug it and light will stay on for about 30 minutes and then goes off.. If i unplug it it will still blink 5 times but obviously after charging for only like 30 minutes it lasts very very little.. What could be wrong? Any help is appreciated.

workingpapi

Nov 21, 2014
San Salvador
Scratch the last comment. Just figured a couple of things.. First it is the batt that tells the charger I'm full.. Also it seema is my batt that's not working correctly.. I just used a charger I had "misplaced" and the damn batt did the same.. Charges for about 20 mins and then the fire button light went off and the charger's light turnes green. Does anybody know how to fix this? Or does it mean the battery is already dying?

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Scratch the last comment. Just figured a couple of things.. First it is the batt that tells the charger I'm full.. Also it seema is my batt that's not working correctly.. I just used a charger I had "misplaced" and the damn batt did the same.. Charges for about 20 mins and then the fire button light went off and the charger's light turnes green. Does anybody know how to fix this? Or does it mean the battery is already dying?

As far as I know you would have to replace the circuit board in it.

It's not the battery in the device, it's the circuitry.

Another thought. Make sure the pin in the battery's 510 connection is not pushed in. Here's a video showing how it's done. I have not much faith that this is the issue, but it will not hurt to try.

Last edited:

Kintrol

Moved On
Oct 21, 2014
Miami
The most important question is how long you have had the battery. Ego twist are notorious for being underspec depending on how credible the company you brought it from is. A lot of the clones have very....frugal....batteries which mean they dont posses the typical 300 recharge cycles. Your batteries characteristics sounds to me like it is at the end of its life. This is very common.

I used to work for a very big company that sells ego batteries, and one of the lies we have to tell the customers is that it is their fault thier battery isnt charging as much as there are "too many factors" that could be blaimed for why their battery is dying quicker and quicker. The reality is, its just a crappy battery. The Quality Control in china is shameful.

On a good note, it's just an ego twist. 20 bucks will get you a new one, or if you fasttech it, you might as well buy a few. Personally, I think its time you upgraded to something better. Ego batteries are useless money pits.

Hope that was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread