• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo-C Twist Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
You might also want to check out the Stardust 2 and Vivi Nova 2 (or 2.5). I've had them for a couple of days now, and apart from having to do a little starter maintenance to season the wick and coil properly and avoid that whole break-in period thing, I'm having some really good results with them. And the atty/wick heads are replaceable instead of having to replace the whole thing, which is nice, and the heads have their resistances printed right on them. Plus, replacing the heads is cheap, like $1.50 to $2 per head.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
You might also want to check out the Stardust 2 and Vivi Nova 2 (or 2.5). I've had them for a couple of days now, and apart from having to do a little starter maintenance to season the wick and coil properly and avoid that whole break-in period thing, I'm having some really good results with them. And the atty/wick heads are replaceable instead of having to replace the whole thing, which is nice, and the heads have their resistances printed right on them. Plus, replacing the heads is cheap, like $1.50 to $2 per head.

If the cracking problem has been rectified, sounds like just the ticket :)

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Well I've been using my twists since I picked them up on Tuesday non-stop, and the first battery just died. Both batteries had a full charge when they were received, verified by plugging them into the charger before any use.

What I purchased:
2 x eGo-C Twist (1000 mAh) batteries in White

Specs:
4.75" (120 mm) long from tip to tip
9/16" (14mm) diameter (Same as a standard eGo)

They have the standard eGo cone threading, and white illuminated plastic push-button with 5-click on-off feature.

With a Stardust connected, the overall lenght is 7" (177 mm) which is much longer than I expected.

Initial impressions:
Build quality is outstanding. This device feels substantial and has a decent amount of weight to it. This battery would be very hard to damage from regular every day use, like all Joytech eGo batteries. The white coating is a soft-touch coating that a lot of manufacturers are starting to use these days and is pleasant to hold on to. The VV Twist ring on the bottom of the device moves smothly, but is stiff enough that it won't change settings on you if you leave it in your pocket. The numbers on the dial are very small. The only way I could see them getting around this would be to print the numbers on the bottom. This could be a hinderance to anyone with poor eye-sight, but it's really flavour and vapor that matter, the number is just a number.

Performance:
The twist does exactly what it's supposed to do. You can turn the dial up or down to increase or decrease the output voltage. It ranges from 3.2v to 4.8v and using a multimeter both batteries measured out to that with in 0.01v. There are small indicators every 0.2V, but the range is completely smooth. You can set it half way between marks as there are no hard-stops except for at the ends allowing fine-tuning if required.

I found my sweet spot was at 4.0V on my LR Stardusts, and 4.2V on my SR Stardusts for flavour vaping GRBC's Rugged Blend. More than that and I either got dry hits, or the flavour changed. Lower than that and vapor performance started to drop. I also tried this out with my LR Cisco 308 I use for dripping a few different juices and it actually performed much better around 3.4v than it does on my standard eGo.

Battery Life:
Well, seeing as I'm on 2 full days on the first battery, I can honestly say, the battery life is fantastic when vaping at between 4.0v and 4.2v. Pure vaping time, I would say is around 14-16 hours (I vape all day at work). Obviously YMMV if you vape with it at a different setting.

One thing I did notice is there was ZERO drop-off when reaching the end of the battery. I actually did a double take when it died because I had a perfect hit, then nothing. Regulated circuitry is a wonderful thing. I do wish there was some sort of battery life indicator on the device so you would know whether or not your walking out of your house with a near-dead battery.

Overall Impressions:
As this is my first venture into a VV device, I can't compare to how well it performs against a Provari, or Darwin, but you can't argue with the cost. Batteries were $27.95 each from Canvape, so even with purchasing 2 I'm under 1/4 of the price of the other two devices after picking up chargers, batteries, etc etc to go along. It gives you an immediate option to change the intensity and flavour of your vape with very little investment. No funky menus to go through, or multiple buttons to push.

Would I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY. If this is your first trip into VV, or if you're looking for something smaller (Diameter) than a Provari or box mod for out and about, this product is an excellent investment. Extremely easy to use, good build quality, and good battery life. No complaints here.

Gosh, what a great review. Thanks for all the time thought you put into it. Read it and bought a twist :) I've been a KGO fangirl for about a year. I love my mods too but couldn't get over the size in public of the big VVs. I'm SO excited!! Thanks one more time :laugh:

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
On the topic of ego twist; I love mine, up til now I was using a KSD VV ego and thought it was great. Then I tried the twist and seen a big difference. The only change I hope they would make to it is the dial on the bottom with the tiny, hard to see numbers.

If you put on the strongest reading glasses you own & then use a large magnifying glass, held at a 45 degree angle, (this has to been done using incandescent lighting) you'll have an easier time reading the dial.....Hope this helps!

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
On the topic of ego twist; I love mine, up til now I was using a KSD VV ego and thought it was great. Then I tried the twist and seen a big difference. The only change I hope they would make to it is the dial on the bottom with the tiny, hard to see numbers.

The numbers don't bother me, but the lack of color changing button does. I really like that aspect on the regular -C batteries. Once they turned the darker blue, onto the charger they went.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
If you put on the strongest reading glasses you own & then use a large magnifying glass, held at a 45 degree angle, (this has to been done using incandescent lighting) you'll have an easier time reading the dial.....Hope this helps!

I find that outside in natural light the numbers show up a lot better than inside with florescent lighting. They could still be a lot better. How about Braille? Lol !

And a "gas gauge" would be much appreciated, in any form.

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
IMAG1390.jpg

Here ya go!!!!

Anyone wanna post a pic of there ego twist with the viva nova on it? Just curious how it looks on the twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread