• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo-C Twist Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I find that outside in natural light the numbers show up a lot better than inside with florescent lighting. They could still be a lot better. How about Braille? Lol !

And a "gas gauge" would be much appreciated, in any form.

Actually, Braille would be a huge improvement!!;)

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
That would kill the surprise of 'DEAD'

And WHY? does it have to flash TEN times before it shuts off. I get the idea when the vape stops and I see it flash a couple times. The rest must be so EVERYBODY within a 100 yard radius is informed as well!

If I'm ever lost at sea I will hope for my Twist battery to go dead because I know rescue will be imminent once the strobe starts up! Lol

No seizures yet, so that's a Good thing.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Can you get them to make it flash when I have 20 vapes left?

Just give us the 3 color of the nonTwist batteries. There was obviously an R&D disconnect over there somewhere. 2 different teams working on different designs that do any cross talk or such.

Hmmm, wonder if the end cap of a regular -C could be fitted onto a Twist. :p

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Just give us the 3 color of the nonTwist batteries. There was obviously an R&D disconnect over there somewhere. 2 different teams working on different designs that do any cross talk or such.

Hmmm, wonder if the end cap of a regular -C could be fitted onto a Twist. :p

Has anybody here had a Twist apart?

Is the buck boost entirely in the bottom so the button IC board could be swapped out with the update?

If this was simple, I'm sure they would have done it. It would have to be specifically from the battery voltage.

Maybe it's a V2, V2.5 kind of thing! Lol

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Has anybody here had a Twist apart?

Is the buck boost entirely in the bottom so the button IC board could be swapped out with the update?

If this was simple, I'm sure they would have done it. It would have to be specifically from the battery voltage.

Maybe it's a V2, V2.5 kind of thing! Lol

Well, it feels like the twist gets a little warmer up top, which has me wondering if the buck/boost is actually up there. Hadn't thought about that part.

Just had another thought ... how does the nonTwist know to change the LED color ... is it as simple as knowing the slight drop in voltage as the battery gets drained, or something else? If it's the former, then being VV would really mess with that system.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
On the topic of ego twist; I love mine, up til now I was using a KSD VV ego and thought it was great. Then I tried the twist and seen a big difference. The only change I hope they would make to it is the dial on the bottom with the tiny, hard to see numbers.

I just put a little red mark on all of mine, right smack on the "4.0" mark - exactly halfway between the lowest and highest setttings of 3.2 and 4.8v. Then I can tell at a glance pretty much where I'm at. Like Grimm Green says in his video, I just turn the dial until I like the vape with a given juice or coil, and it doesn't matter to me so much precisely what the voltage is set at (although if I get really curious, I can always break out the 3.00 reading glasses). :)

Twistreddot.jpg

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green Twist Game changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread