Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Your link doesn't work for me, but I looked it up at Vaporkings.

Joye eGo-C Type A atomizer base and cone - Genuine Joyetech!

Is that it? If so, you're out of luck, sorry. This is an atomizer base, not a cone for an eGo battery, and it won't work as a cartomizer cover. It only works with eGo-C type A atomizers and type A tanks.

I don't much care about the looks of my PVs (as long as they deliver the goods) and I stopped using cones a long time ago. :blush: I suggest you buy a pink cone or a stainless shorty cone that just covers the threads on your battery and matches the eGo Twist's silver band. I've seen them at madvapes.

Silver eGo Shorty Cone

That was so nice of you to look it up for me! The shorty will help and I'll get one of those.

Have a great day!

ricklovesnic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
Need some advise on what to use with my pearl pink twist. The only cone cover I can find to match is pearlized pink atomizer:

Joye eGo-C Type A atomizer base and cone - Genuine Joyetech!

I've never used atty's and along with that I would also need to buy tanks and atty's. Not sure I want to get into this type of arrangement. Will the cover from this (above link) screw onto my twist using a carto instead? What I really want is a pearl pink cone cover for cartos to give it a nice finished look. I can get a pink cover but I don't think it will match as well as it is a matte finish.

I have clear 3.5ml slim tanks which look ok but look top heavy and the black parts of it look ugly. I also have stardusts but they aren't my favorite and the colors are wrong for my pink.

What are people using that looks nice and vapes well? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love my twist but I find I'm not using it outside of the house because it looks silly.

The ego c atomizer assembly consists of a cone segment and a bottom section that holds the atomizer spike. The threads on the cone are the same as the outside threads on the ego batteries so you should be able to use the pink cone with cartomizers just fine.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The ego c atomizer assembly consists of a cone segment and a bottom section that holds the atomizer spike. The threads on the cone are the same as the outside threads on the ego batteries so you should be able to use the pink cone with cartomizers just fine.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

NO, you can not!

I actually tested it. The eGo-C atomizer cone in not the same as the regular eGo cone--it has a lip inside and the carto won't fit inside!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Mookie, if you want a cone for your cartomizers (not atomizers), you may want to consider Riva 901 cones; they fit eGo batteries but were designed especially for cartomizers. Riva 901 cones are shorter that the 510 cones, and fit over cartos very well. I own a silver one and that's the only one I use. 510 cones were designed to cover atomizers, which are slimmer than cartos.

The only US vendor I know of selling the 901 Riva cones is Liberty Flights (but they are out of the pink ATM). They have a 20% discount for ECF memberes (upper left corner).

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers & Cones - EM Riva 901

Here's a good picture of the Riva 901 and the 510 cones:

images
images

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Mookie, if you want a cone for your cartomizers (not atomizers), you may want to consider Riva 901 cones; they fit eGo batteries but were designed especially for cartomizers. Riva 901 cones are shorter that the 510 cones, and fit over cartos very well. I own a silver one and that's the only one I use. 510 cones were designed to cover atomizers, which are slimmer than cartos.

The only US vendor I know of selling the 901 Riva cones is Liberty Flights (but they are out of the pink ATM). They have a 20% discount for ECF memberes (upper left corner).

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers & Cones - EM Riva 901

Here's a good picture of the Riva 901 and the 510 cones:

images
images

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize what the differences were. From Hoosier Supply I have big bore cones that came with my Riva kit. You say they are shorter than ego so now I understand why my cartos always stick out from the top of them so much. It looks odd in my opinion. Also, makes me wonder why they would make the kgo 901 cones shorter if the purpose is to "cover" a carto not an atty. I agree performance is what is most important but I just prefer things to look sleek and nice also.

These don't give any description and I can't find them anywhere else to get any info on them. Do you think this is the smaller type or might it cover a carto?

Joye Ego Cone | Joye Ego | eSmoker Online

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
I've found out that small adjustments up or down in voltage can make a huge difference in how various juices taste. Nearly all of my juices are 80% PG / 20% VG, but that really doesn't matter too much. It only takes a couple of minutes to fine tune the voltage, and it sure is worth it.

That's why vv is so great. I am also finding I like it because half the time I don't know what res. carto I'm using. I wish they would mark cartos with brand and res. Mine get all mixed up and sometimes I think I don't like a juice but then find out it's not the juice, it's the ohm's on the carto that is changing the flavor.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for that info. I didn't realize what the differences were. From Hoosier Supply I have big bore cones that came with my Riva kit. You say they are shorter than ego so now I understand why my cartos always stick out from the top of them so much. It looks odd in my opinion. Also, makes me wonder why they would make the kgo 901 cones shorter if the purpose is to "cover" a carto not an atty. I agree performance is what is most important but I just prefer things to look sleek and nice also.

These don't give any description and I can't find them anywhere else to get any info on them. Do you think this is the smaller type or might it cover a carto?

Joye Ego Cone | Joye Ego | eSmoker Online

Mookie, the cones in your link are for the eGo batteries (510 connection), so they are the longer kind. I find that they fit a bit too snugly over cartos, tightening the draw. But they can be easily modified. :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/108502-ego-question-2.html#post1637857

The shorter cones come with the Riva 901 connection, not 510.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The shorter cones come with the Riva 901 connection, not 510.

The 'connection' for a cone really doesn't have anything to do with the 901 or 510 threading - it's the cone threading and while there are some cones that don't fit well (usually Riva threading, I've found) the 901 cone should fit on any eGo or Riva.

Liberty Flights blurb:

Riva 901 - Atomizer Cone

Atomizer cone suitable for the Riva 901, Riva 510, Janty/Joye eGo, and Totally Wicked/Tecc Tornado. The purpose of the cone is both aesthetic and functional; it gives the Riva its clean shape and also affects the draw and heat of the vapour. The cone is not required for the device to function.

The Riva 510 and Riva 901 cones are interchangeable; the Riva 510 cone will work on the Riva 901 and vice versa.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The 'connection' for a cone really doesn't have anything to do with the 901 or 510 threading - it's the cone threading and while there are some cones that don't fit well (usually Riva threading, I've found) the 901 cone should fit on any eGo or Riva.

Liberty Flights blurb:

Riva 901 - Atomizer Cone

Atomizer cone suitable for the Riva 901, Riva 510, Janty/Joye eGo, and Totally Wicked/Tecc Tornado. The purpose of the cone is both aesthetic and functional; it gives the Riva its clean shape and also affects the draw and heat of the vapour. The cone is not required for the device to function.

The Riva 510 and Riva 901 cones are interchangeable; the Riva 510 cone will work on the Riva 901 and vice versa.

Yup! Hi Kent!

We know. We discussed it here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/283919-ego-c-twist-vv-29.html#post6190660

Mookie feels that the Riva 901 cones are too short for her liking and don't really cover her cartos. She wanted to know if the cones in her link were the long (510) or the short (901) kind. :)

Last edited:

superegot

Unregistered Supplier
May 17, 2012
malta
Hi Happy Vapers

Its very hard trying to get hold of the 900Mah or 1000Mah Ego Twist Batteries. i tried Gotvapes but they are still out of stock. Also i cannot find a suitable european website that sells originals.

can anyone help me as i already went through the whole forum but no luck

if anyone could advise some of the best sites from where i can get one or two it will be much appreciated

cheers
Happy Vaper

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yup! Hi Kent!

We know. We discussed it here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/283919-ego-c-twist-vv-29.html#post6190660

Mookie feels that the Riva 901 cones are too short for her liking and don't really cover her cartos. She wanted to know if the cones in her link were the long (510) or the short (901) kind. :)

I know what she's looking for and your suggestion was right on.... just the "The shorter cones come with the Riva 901 connection, not 510" ... might throw someone off - the actual connection is the same ;)

TAP352

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
New York
I also got a 1000mAh Twist today and so far I love the thing. I've noticed that if I set it to 4.8 I get a burnt taste. I need to get some carto's with a higher resistance. I've found the sweet spot for most of my liquids to be around 4.0 +/-

If you are looking into a ego battery I would suggest picking one of those up over the standard ego's. They are priced very reasonably and you get the variable voltage option.

Also it would be cool if they could add a passthrough somehow if they release a next generation. A VV passthrough would be something I wouldn't think twice about buying. Not sure if a VV passthrough is possible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread