eGo-C Upgrade or Twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadomony

Nov 4, 2013
Philly
What's up all? Moving on up from a cig-alike to an Ego next week and trying to decide which one is for me. I've read a few similar threads and done a bunch of research but not really sure which to get. I'll be using an EVOD on it. The vendor I'm purchasing from stocks EVODs that come with 2.5ohm heads and replacement heads in 2.5 and 1.8. I'd rather purchase everything together to save on shipping, though I'm not averse to buying 2.2 ohm heads from a different vendor that stocks them.

From what I read, the majority of people recommend the 1.8 ohm heads for the ego-c upgrade as its regulated output is 3.3V. I don't really want to waste the 2.5 head that they come with if I can avoid it though. Would it be best to go in unregulated mode until the 2.5 burns out, then go with regulated mode on a 1.8? I suppose the Twist would cut out that debate. So yeah, I love the convenience of being able to vape with the passthru on the upgrade, but also considering the versatility of the Twist.

Thoughts?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
There is nothing much "upgrade" about an eGo-C upgrade. It's a battery; it might be quite a good one, but if it's 3.3v then that's not great, and if it's fully charged it will frazzle some liquids on 1.8ohm clearo.

How do I know? I use an eGo-T 18650 tube mod. It works the same way....exactly the same.

It lives at home for spare....and instead.... well, I use a Spinner, but a Twist is the same deal.

Another grade F - "see me after school" from our friends at Joyetech.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Twist is probably the absolute cheapest way to get into VV (variable voltage). I think everyone should at least try a VV device, because adjustments to the voltage can really change the taste of your vapor.

I agree. Except in the UK, the Spinners are cheaper. :)

In fairness, I love all these batteries - Twists, Spinners, iTaste.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
From what I read, the majority of people recommend the 1.8 ohm heads for the ego-c upgrade as its regulated output is 3.3V. I don't really want to waste the 2.5 head that they come with if I can avoid it though. Would it be best to go in unregulated mode until the 2.5 burns out, then go with regulated mode on a 1.8? I suppose the Twist would cut out that debate. So yeah, I love the convenience of being able to vape with the passthru on the upgrade, but also considering the versatility of the Twist.

Although the eGo-C Upgrade starts out at 4.2 volts it goes down very quickly to 3.7 volts. It was JoyeTech's answer to other manufacturers that were producing 3.7 volt eGos almost 2 yrs ago. 2.5 ohms is too high for the eGo- C. 1.8- 2.0 ohms is best.
As far as a VV PV my choices in order from first to last:
Itaste VV/VW 3.0- 3.3-5.0 volts or 6.0-11.0 watts. Ohms meter, Puff Counter, LED Battery Indicator. If buying make sure you buy the model with eGo and 510 connector.
Spinner- 3.2- 4.8 volts
Twist- 3.2- 4.8 volts
Don't get me wrong. I own both Spinners and Twists and they were great when they were first released but far better PVs are now available.
If you want to upgrade a further step up there's the MVP 2 (2600 mah)- about $40.00. I'm finding these days Innokin products are far superior to other brands in build quality.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Moving on up from a cig-alike to an Ego next week and trying to decide which one is for me.

Greetings Kadomony; I got an eGo Twist when I did my first upgrade, but a couple weeks later I got an APV. The Twist is great, but I wound up wanting more advanced features and more battery power, so my Twist is now basically just a backup device.

As mentioned, VV is totally worthwhile, but personally I've found that VW has given me my best vape experience.

Have you considered something like the iTaste VV V3? It doesn't cost a whole lot more than a Twist (at least not here in Canada), and it has great features. While the 800 mAh battery isn't tops, the iTaste gets recharged via USB, so if you're around computers all, you'll have no problem in that department. I think the USB mini-plug is brilliant.

Regards
Glenn

kadomony

Nov 4, 2013
Philly
I should've mentioned this at the beginning, but mainly looking for something I can take with me to bars/clubs. I think the Twist seems to be a bit more durable, plus I'm liking the sleeker look.

How does VW differ from VV? If you're able to change the voltage, the wattage also changes, correct? Also, if anyone has comparison experience, I'm debating between the 600mah and 900mah sizes. Someone I met has the 600 and it was a pretty good size, however I'm concerned about battery life when I'm out for the night. At the max I'd probably be looking at about 6 hours, with about 4 hours average. Is the 600 adequate or should I bump up to the 900 and does the 900 really make it that unwieldy/less concealable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread