Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi all,

After refilling my eGo ONE it began leaking through the resistance ring...through the "slits". I'm certain I didn't over fill it. After I'd refilled the tank and waited for 15 minutes, I had difficulty drawing on it (resistance ring fully open) as if it was fully closed.

I have noticed when I unscrew the tank to refill with juice, the coil also unscrews...every time, so I have to screw it back in before refilling the tank. My other ego one does not do this. ..the coil stays in place whike unscrewing the tank.

I took it apart and wiped it as best I could but it's still leaking badly to the point where I cannot use it (thankfully I have a back-up ego one).

Is the coil shot? Not threading properly?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
If you're having trouble taking drags off of it, I would try a new coil. It soundsike it's flooding out. How old is the coil? Sometimes some coils aren't made as well as others.

The coil is only about a week old...I don't chain vape. However, it had some pretty solid use 2 nights in a row.

Thanks for your reply :)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
+1 on that. It's flooding. Missing o-ring of bad coil are good guesses.

Thanks (again :) ) I'll check the o-ring. I changed the coil about a week ago and the unit worked fine. The leakage problem started after I refilled it last night. However, as mentioned I have noticed when unscrewing the tank to refill, the coil has unscrewed itself and sitting loose.

Couldn't be owner error. Nooooo :)

Reactions: suprtrkr

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Just returned from the vape shop. The fellow who works there opened it up, unscrewed the coil (well, it was sitting unscrewed again) and had a look see.

The coil was toast. The wick was half hanging out of its "home" and had ventured away from what looked to be a tiny wire.

He offered to rebuild it for me or give me a new coil. I opted for a new, free coil. At least they stand by their products.

I'll know for next time if it happens again.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread