DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I thought you'd reply..."eggxactly"...

You don't miss a trick, Sir Mi, do you? :thumb::)

Many moons ago, back when the Arguments du Jour were VV vs VW, I used to be fond of paraphrasing Herbie Brooks' line from the 1980 Olympics hockey team.

"The V on the front..."

* Disclaimer - that's not really Herbie Brooks. It's the kid from the Disney movies. :cool:

>>> Herbie >>>

herbbrooks.0.jpg

That Disney kid - he did OK! :thumbs:

Last edited:

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I remember this same question being discussed in another thread, but I'll be darned if I can find it. If I remember correctly, it was concluded that the Tron did use real glass.

This snipped from an advertisement:
Joyetech TRON-S 4ml Tank

The Tron-S has a unique glass window where you can see how much e-Liquid you have left.

Specifications:
  • 510 Threaded
  • 4ml Capacity Tank
  • Unique "hidden" airflow control valve
  • Glass Window Design
  • Drip Tip Included
  • Compatible with Ego One Atomizer Heads
  • Dimensions: 2-1/4"L x 7/8"D
The eVic Mini / Tron S (CLR) combo has been my daily driver for almost 3 years now. I loved my first one so much, I stocked up on them. But haven't had to dip into the stash yet, because the the first one is still going strong. That rig has been dropped on concrete & hardwood floors, kicked across the garage floor, and it's still going. BTW the eVic Mini / Tron (S or T) combo is still available directly from Joytech for $44.99. 15% off if you sign up for their newsletter.

I'm a tobacco flavor only user, so I don't have any experience with known tank crackers. Maybe an email to Joytech support would confirm it's actually real glass.

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
Agreed, the mini/tron/CLR is a great combo. It tends to be my goto for new juices due to its consistency and its the easiest tank I have to rebuild.

I'm waiting on a reply from Joyetech. However I usually find manufacturers responses evasive and ambiguous. I'd rather trust the knowledge on the forum.

Some Joyetech glass tanks used "organic glass", which I think is polycarbonate.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I have still my one Totally Wicked Oddessy tank and I'm not going to name the names and sizes of what I have left that still reads other tanks (I don't wish to curse myself.)

I have WAY more coils than tanks left and yes, l will agree that this is somewhat of a normal situation but NO IN MY CASE it isn't. LOL.

There were tanks I destroyed before I finished using up the coils that came WITH THEM. LOL.

So, if it's breakable, I'd kind of assume that yeah, there's probably juice that could crack it. I'm afraid I need to add Joytech to the list of "vape manufacturers" I cannot do well with which is odd since I like E-leaf stuff and I know their the same parent company.

I have this theory that like, they "train" their engineers on Joytech and then graduate them and whomever was the maker of the CLR-coil it was a sort of "Steve Jobs" genius situation and he's now hidden away somewhere making custom mods.

But don't MIND me, LOL. You know.

Anna

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
I'm waiting on a reply from Joyetech. However I usually find manufacturers responses evasive and ambiguous. I'd rather trust the knowledge on the forum.

Some Joyetech glass tanks used "organic glass", which I think is polycarbonate.

Joyetechs response was:
Hello and thank you for your email. All of our tanks are made out of a material called Pyrex.
Presumably all their current production is pyrex, which is nice to know; but this does not seem to have always been the case. This post is from earlier in this thread, about the Ego One tank
All 4 of mine are plastic, as well as the "organic glass" driptips sent with the kits.

All 4 kits were bought within the week they were first released, so maybe they changed materials? Doubt it tho.

The OEM site still states "organic glass" for the tanks and mouth peices.

I should have took a picture last night before I threw the tank out. I went to review a new diy flavor, and it ended up melting my tank. If it was glass as stated, it wouldn't have melted :(

The Tron came out a few months after this.

Joyetech didn't say that Tron tanks have always been pyrex, maybe, maybe not ....So i asked,
Plastic tanks are a health concern, thus we have never used them.
What can I say?

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
<Since there's no Airhead thread anymore, and I know most of the diehard Airheads came here...>

Figured some might chuckle at this.
FTech72018.JPG

I am still running 3 GS and a MS. The post threads are getting wonky on one GS so while these are Available... And, $10 each shipped? Deal.

I have 22 coils I keep rebuilt and 20 more new coils. That should hold me for a while. Will also scavenge insulators from the T/C coils these will come with.

Whee!
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
@OcalaFlGuy funny how I just came in here to mention how sad it is to see this thread apparently dieing off. And I find a new post about the airhead thread.
I had 2 GS air tanks. Neither lasted long enough to get attached to them. Busted the glass on both, one broke between my fingers while filling it.
I'm sure that's what inspired my affection for the ironclad Mega V1 tanks!
Anywho, it's good to see some activity to keep this old thread alive for another month.
I think I'll go see if the old Sigelei ZMAX thread is still hanging in there.

Edit: I can hardly believe the old gang finally let that ZMAX thread fade away a couple months ago. :cry:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@OcalaFlGuy funny how I just came in here to mention how sad it is to see this thread apparently dieing off. And I find a new post about the airhead thread.
I had 2 GS air tanks. Neither lasted long enough to get attached to them. Busted the glass on both, one broke between my fingers while filling it.
I'm sure that's what inspired my affection for the ironclad Mega V1 tanks!
Anywho, it's good to see some activity to keep this old thread alive for another month.
I think I'll go see if the old Sigelei ZMAX thread is still hanging in there.

Edit: I can hardly believe the old gang finally let that ZMAX thread fade away a couple months ago. :cry:

The irony here is that one of the reasons the thread's been quiet is because the coils are amazing, and most of the tanks will take a whackin'. The JAC & Eggroll combo remains the one I'd pick if, God forbid, I was ever forced to select Just One Thing off the stand.

The stuff just works.

And works...

And WORKS! :thumb:

{Shuddering at the horrific thought of, "Just One Thing."} ;)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
The irony here is that one of the reasons the thread's been quiet is because the coils are amazing, and most of the tanks will take a whackin'. The JAC & Eggroll combo remains the one I'd pick if, God forbid, I was ever forced to select Just One Thing off the stand.

The stuff just works.

And works...

Yup, just not much to say when they ain't no problems ta ask fer help with, huh? Lestin some newbi stumbles in and starts wondering where they can git their hands on this tenth wonder if the world.
And it won't be too much longer til the answer to that question will be 'sorry Mac ya done missed da boat'

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Yeah, that's the thing. It's not easy to find Ego One tanks anymore. I bought 4 more V2s awhile back after someone posted a link for them.

I think everything that can be said has been said.

I also posted a link to the Joyetech site where they, apparently, are still selling the Tron S for $10. I didn't order any because I'm well stocked now. Here it is if anyone wants any Joyetech TRON-S Sub-Ohm Atomizer Kit - Joyetech USA

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

The stuff just works.

And works...

Not to mention that I haven’t had to change a coil in months. Re-wick, yes, but not rebuild. Very good flavor with very little effort - a good balance. I’ve been getting fairly thick, dense, flavorful vapor off of 26 gauge 316L.

Too bad Bursardo didn’t care much for the CLR coils. These could have been a mega-hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm happy to once again repeat that me and those tanks don't get along. Except for the Odessey tank which is not surprising since it's not a joytech tank. I have TONS of coils and tons of dead tanks and I hope the Oddessy doesn't become impossible to find by the time I can like, afford one. But, well, I seem to be the main one with the issue and am more than happy to state it MUST be my issue, but LOL, it is what it is.

Anna

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I'm happy to once again repeat that me and those tanks don't get along. Except for the Odessey tank which is not surprising since it's not a joytech tank. I have TONS of coils and tons of dead tanks and I hope the Oddessy doesn't become impossible to find by the time I can like, afford one. But, well, I seem to be the main one with the issue and am more than happy to state it MUST be my issue, but LOL, it is what it is.

Anna
Bought my first Odyssey tank around the time when the Regs were imminent; I wanted something that would last a long time. When I saw the build quality of the tank, I bought another and called it a day (also had a few Kayfun Mini v3 clones). So the only CLR compatible tanks I have are 2 Odyssey CLLs and the Tron S that came in an Evic VTC Mini Kit. Still have one Odyssey in the box and I run the other 2 tanks regularly - alongside two squonk mods, TBH.

I guess the squonk set-ups are more like toys to me, while the CLR tanks are closer to being necessities. :)

Also have 2 Wismec Amor tanks I bought on closeout. Wasn’t able to get as good flavor out of them.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
I live in Kenya and buy stateside and have a forwarding company deliver my purchases to me. They lost 3 eggrolls I had bought and have finally refunded me for the loss.

Hope I get them at vapeshop again. I just have one left since my white one fell and the base split. Need to get a spare and also want to give one to a friend who trying to quit smoking. Figured I'll help him rewick/rebuild his coils, since the only vape gear available here is Smok.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ya know, it's been well over a year since I've done any vape shopping. So long in fact that I can't remember that website we use for price checking. Could someone please remind me?
I'm particularly interested in the aspire Sprite pod system if anyone might be aware of a deal on them? Or any other aspire pod that uses the old bvc coils. I have a ton of the coils cuz I tried going back to mtl some time ago and was enjoying it but kept busting my BDC tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread