Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Heh, for me I'm not to stressed about rebuilding COILS yet, more like rehabbing tanks. The only 4 ml I have left is the Oddessy tank which I LOVE but also refuse to MOVE anywhere except from my mod holder to my mouth.

In disgust I went back to my kabukis because the only Joytech etc tank I have left is, well, I will see if it can be guessed via PIC (I just like this pic so I am posting it) although I WILL say the Kabukis compare FAVORABLY with the CLR tanks when it comes to longevity, man, and the flavor is JUST as GOOD I did a head to head with my last tank to compare. LOL. Different, but just as good maybe more subtle and less overwhelming although you just can't beat the CLR coil for volume and richness. Photo staged by me, tanken by the husband. LOL. And that's the virgin of Guadalupe behind them, I love her, she's an authentic (around here) slightly different saint figure.

Even the husband broke his (catastrophic drop) but I CANNOT be trusted with those tanks. I've seen the "no ohms" message enough to be slightly traumatized. I have dropped my kabukis like INFINITY times, I think and never has it refused to read. You lot must be AWESOME caretakers of your wealth.

Pic:
v7qH9Rc.jpg

Anna

"Intermittent..."

Y'ok, Anna?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So, have tried to rebuild mine a couple of times with ss316 28 ga wire, 2mm coils, so much spitback/gurgling etc.

Any suggestions on what to use/size to build etc? I only have ss316 wire from 24 to 30ga.

Wow, this is my exact current build in 2 of my CLR tanks. 28ga 316L, 2mm, 6/5 wrap, cotton, both reading .53 ohm. No issues whatsoever. But I'm running TC at a temp of 350°, would that be the difference?

Might you be wicking too loosely?

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't understand, did I use the word intermittent somewhere? But anyway, no not quite okay, but getting there, see my doc Friday, I am a BIT uh, stressed a the moment.

Confused by your comment still though... :)

Anna

I'm very sorry to hear this, Anna. :-(

You know we're all rooting for you, and my reference was to your signature line.
"Intermittent low level smoking ATM."

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh yeah, I'm smoking a bit. I am trying to knock it off, and having some moderate success, LOL I just got another heart attack email this a.m. (not from getting ready for work stress, from ANOTHER stress source I have a the moment) and while I'm basically redlining one of my high nic mods I am ALSO like, NOT smoking.... I really want to but it would Fix nada and etc., so I'm not. I just need to CALL them and get it over with and possibly put some provaris up for auction depending on what they say and etc.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Eh turned out more or less fine... I see my doc Friday. I'm asking for horse tranquillizers and stuff (I doubt the request will be granted) but I can ASK. LOL.

It just was a lot of time to sort out, but no money. I have TIME but not MONEY at the moment so I will take it.

I feel better and better every day, mainly because I have GIVEN UP. If dreadful stuff happens, well, no point being ANXIOUS about it on top of it. Although I better not develop high blood pressure, because the more days AWAY from that stuff, the better I feel. Although I will at least know that it will be a choice of HIGH blood pressure (death) or normal blood pressure (and suicide) and like, go with the former.

To be fair, I'm sure they have better options. I freaking hope so because I am never taking that stuff again. EVER. LOL.

Anna

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Wow, this is my exact current build in 2 of my CLR tanks. 28ga 316L, 2mm, 6/5 wrap, cotton, both reading .53 ohm. No issues whatsoever. But I'm running TC at a temp of 350°, would that be the difference?

Might you be wicking too loosely?
I have removed the lower ring...and perhaps that is causing the spitback?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have removed the lower ring...and perhaps that is causing the spitback?

Oh my, I would almost guarantee that would cause a problem. Can't imagine how the wick could seal that large a gap. Unless you're packing in extra cotton which would likely be a problem in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread