Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Been reading a few pages back anyways clr's are just simple to rebuild although with so many stocked up all we do is put in new cotton and we are good to go , once in a blue moon now when bored will rebuild one as the supplies are in drawer.
Have posted in Zenith thread suggesting a rebuldable clr type coilhead for that tank after all they have came out with a few different coilheads but i guess they want folks to keep buying them instead of rebuilding them keeps the cash flowing
but
as many of us that been around a while have seen things move on to the newer and quickly attract folks seeking the newest and latest and other products fall out of favor called "discontinued".
With the clr's it makes it much easier to keep them going and going and going.

So with the Zenith it would have been nice to see them come out with a similar setup but the powers that be said it will not happen so neither will a purchase of that tank in fact have not made a purchase in a good while of anything because these joyetech tanks with clr's are tried and tested in our household since they came out .
Inhale ahhh so good !

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK if the zenith would lend itself to rebuilding and what it might wind up tasting like, seems to me it's a completely different kind of coil, I mean that thing is a monster. Of course, I haven't tried to deconstruct one either.

I am STILL patiently awaiting the SS coil for the zenith. I think it's a myth now but still... patiently waiting.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Been reading a few pages back anyways clr's are just simple to rebuild although with so many stocked up all we do is put in new cotton and we are good to go , once in a blue moon now when bored will rebuild one as the supplies are in drawer.
Have posted in Zenith thread suggesting a rebuldable clr type coilhead for that tank after all they have came out with a few different coilheads but i guess they want folks to keep buying them instead of rebuilding them keeps the cash flowing
but
as many of us that been around a while have seen things move on to the newer and quickly attract folks seeking the newest and latest and other products fall out of favor called "discontinued".
With the clr's it makes it much easier to keep them going and going and going.

So with the Zenith it would have been nice to see them come out with a similar setup but the powers that be said it will not happen so neither will a purchase of that tank in fact have not made a purchase in a good while of anything because these joyetech tanks with clr's are tried and tested in our household since they came out .
Inhale ahhh so good !

WITH ya, Dieseler! I never grow weary of them, and they're still my favorite All-Things-Concerned vape.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
with the Zenith it would have been nice to see them come out with a similar setup but the powers that be said it will not happen

Yea...but...ya gotta throw into the "equation" the fact that the Zenith coils last "forever"...(at least the 0.8ohm and 1.6ohm ones...haven't yet tried the 0.5-Plexus [mesh] ones)…

I threw 2 Zenith Tanks into my "Home Rotation"...(which includes 2 eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks)...about 6 months ago...and the vape from their coils (unchanged) is the same as the day I first started using them...:thumbs:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Gerry sounds like they are working well for you .

Here is a quick on the cheap tank holder that i made yesterday out of scrap wood and stain that had laying around. Cheap old dried out wood that splinters with saw and drilled holes but beats keeping them in large individual tool sockets as before. ; )

The version 1 mega tank holds 1/2 to 3/4 ml more than the v2 version both advertised at 4 ml capacity if memory is correct. Always had hope joyetech would come out with V3 "Top Fill" !
Thats ok though they work .
HPIM1098 (Medium).JPG

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So, can anyone tell me if there is much difference in airflow between the CLR tanks? I'm looking for a tight MTL draw similar to the old Aspire BDC clearos.
I have a pile of Mega V1 tanks. Tried with them but even with AFC fully closed they're too airy for my liking. I have realized since packing them away that I was using the gold big air posi pins. I may have to revisit them using the standard pins.

I also have 1 Tron-S that I've never juiced up. Any difference there? And I have also ordered a V2 standard 2ml size and some flat plastic cigar tip shaped drip tips for it. They look kinda restrictive.
Any of the other tanks that accept the CLR more restrictive?
As far as spending? As @Dieseler mentioned I've spent almost nothing on vape for nearly a year thanks to my ego ones.
But the flood Gates appear have opened. Started by buying some new one shot blends from OSDIY. Them dug out my old Aspire stuff. Enjoying that, so ordered a Dvawr V2 RTA clone. Then I flipped over an oddball looking mod kit and ordered it in spite of knowing I'll despise the tank included in the kit. Which is why I ordered the little V2.

NOW I've won a new pod system. I've won a ton of new stuff here but very few of the wins were actually stuff that I cared about. This Zero pod system actually had me excited to get my hands on it. Sooooo I've ordered 2 extra pods for it.

I guess what I'm sayin is I'm getting lost in my vape. I'm pretty much set on leaving DL vape behind but going round in circles tryin to find how I'm getting back to MTL.
So all this in a matter of 3 weeks. Maybe it's just cuz I haven't gotten home to get my hands on any of it yet.

Feeling like I've gone off the deep end. May take another year to figure out where my vape will end up. SURE DO HAVE A LOTTA NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH THO! When I get there.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am not a fan of the egos but because I break them. I break the trons too and not only that, they aren't well constructed, are almost sinfully ugly so I stare at them SUPER resentfully like the whole 3 days before they break.

If you want a CLR accepting coil with a ton more restricted airflow I would get the Totally Wicked Oddessy tank buybest usually has the best price for them but honestly, it will be the best 38 bucks you ever spent on a tank for those coils, I run them with wide air that is how I like my CLRs but you can adjust them down to pretty much NOTHIGN and I will attest that it is a Rather Restricted Vape.

I've seen them other places (on sale) for like 58 bucks ON SALE.

Anna

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I am not a fan of the egos but because I break them. I break the trons too and not only that, they aren't well constructed, are almost sinfully ugly so I stare at them SUPER resentfully like the whole 3 days before they break.

If you want a CLR accepting coil with a ton more restricted airflow I would get the Totally Wicked Oddessy tank buybest usually has the best price for them but honestly, it will be the best 38 bucks you ever spent on a tank for those coils, I run them with wide air that is how I like my CLRs but you can adjust them down to pretty much NOTHIGN and I will attest that it is a Rather Restricted Vape.

I've seen them other places (on sale) for like 58 bucks ON SALE.

Anna

Anna, you must be one amazing human bean to have found ways to bust these tanks. My 2 most used V1s have survived several drops on concrete and asphalt. They're a little bit battle scarred but otherwise fine.

I agree the tron-s is an ugly bugger but it came in clearance kit with an evic mini so I tossed them in my stash.

38 bucks for a tank? Thanks for the suggestion but that ain't gonna happen. I'm wondering if that Pico-S that some folks in this thread were speaking favorably of some time ago might be more mtl friendly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Me and the Ego tanks were in all out war, yes. It's... it's a thing. No one else has problems.

I kind of wish I'd found the Oddessy tanks like SOONER. I could own three of them instead of two plus spending oh, conservatively like 80 bucks on every form of CLR tank out there.

To be fair, it was coil reading issues mostly and since I've stopped using them on certain mods, things seem better with my two remainders. But I am not confident enough in my abilities to PURCHASE MORE since that way lies madness for me.

I've figured out which mod makers can survive my love for their gear... I guess based on my past, my love is.... I will just call it enthusiastic, fervent, and maybe a bit violent. I was the same way with books. When I read a book, it could consider itself READ, sometimes just to bits if I loved it enough. LOL.

It's just how it is, I'd rather pay more to not break something than to do so fifteen times and be left with oh, mass burial and like, scorched earth. Really.

But I still think that's the most closed off tank for the CLR coil, at least that I've run into. I think the coils are worth the price of admission for me.

Anna

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm wondering if that Pico-S that some folks in this thread were speaking favorably of some time ago might be more mtl friendly.

I just received one as a giftie, Foggy. It's cleaned and built, but sitting in the stand. It reminds me much of the Amor, but more diminutive. How does it vape?

giphy.gif

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Foggy Road try the pin out of a 1 ohm clr its smaller and gives a tighter draw than the what .5 ohm uses as i have tried it but i never saw what the size of the gold pin airhole is compared to the 2 above.
The fastech pico -s with clr adapter bought a few in past but recall stripping the plastic like threads and also cracking a few when they were i screwed them on to tight bought a pack of extra tanks but put everything away.
Never did try the rta setup that came with it.
Do recall the taste was just as good if not slightly better but thats subjective.
Also more restrictive if memory serves me right.
Perhaps one day will revisit the pico -s.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just received one as a giftie, Foggy. It's cleaned and built, but sitting in the stand. It reminds me much of the Amor, but more diminutive. How does it vape?

giphy.gif

You got one too????? ;)

Mine's still in the box. :blush:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
So, can anyone tell me if there is much difference in airflow between the CLR tanks? I'm looking for a tight MTL draw similar to the old Aspire BDC clearos.
I have a pile of Mega V1 tanks. Tried with them but even with AFC fully closed they're too airy for my liking. I have realized since packing them away that I was using the gold big air posi pins. I may have to revisit them using the standard pins.

I also have 1 Tron-S that I've never juiced up. Any difference there? And I have also ordered a V2 standard 2ml size and some flat plastic cigar tip shaped drip tips for it. They look kinda restrictive.
Any of the other tanks that accept the CLR more restrictive?
As far as spending? As @Dieseler mentioned I've spent almost nothing on vape for nearly a year thanks to my ego ones.
But the flood Gates appear have opened. Started by buying some new one shot blends from OSDIY. Them dug out my old Aspire stuff. Enjoying that, so ordered a Dvawr V2 RTA clone. Then I flipped over an oddball looking mod kit and ordered it in spite of knowing I'll despise the tank included in the kit. Which is why I ordered the little V2.

NOW I've won a new pod system. I've won a ton of new stuff here but very few of the wins were actually stuff that I cared about. This Zero pod system actually had me excited to get my hands on it. Sooooo I've ordered 2 extra pods for it.

I guess what I'm sayin is I'm getting lost in my vape. I'm pretty much set on leaving DL vape behind but going round in circles tryin to find how I'm getting back to MTL.
So all this in a matter of 3 weeks. Maybe it's just cuz I haven't gotten home to get my hands on any of it yet.

Feeling like I've gone off the deep end. May take another year to figure out where my vape will end up. SURE DO HAVE A LOTTA NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH THO! When I get there.
You really should try the 1 ohm CLR coils - or at least the pin that comes with them - in your compatible tanks. Way tighter draw than the other (.5 ohm?) coils. They can be closed down pretty tight and work just fine in the Tron S. As I recall, the air hole is about 1.8 mm - so roughly in the range of some older Kayfun MTL tanks.

Yeah, I agree that the Tron-S is somewhat aesthetically challenged, but at least it’s better than the Tron-T that looks like an oil barrel to me. ;) IMO the Tron-S vapes just fine...

The only CLR tank I tried that didn’t perform to my satisfaction is the Wismec Amor. Never got good flavor out of it - but that could just be me.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man after taking my ADHD medication the above post.... I'm sorry folks, I am actually literate. LOL. Also, I don't know how it got "useful" attached to it. But the Armor tank is seriously not even worth trying in my opinion. 1.7 mls, and kind of "muddy." It did last me longer than most of my Joytech tanks though. LOL.

Anna

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Man after taking my ADHD medication the above post.... I'm sorry folks, I am actually literate. LOL. Also, I don't know how it got "useful" attached to it. But the Armor tank is seriously not even worth trying in my opinion. 1.7 mls, and kind of "muddy." It did last me longer than most of my Joytech tanks though. LOL.

Anna

Well, I marked useful cuz now I know to avoid that tank. ;)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I like the Amor well enough, but I have so many 4ml mega V1s and V2s that I just seldom bother with the 2ml Amor.
Since I added three SXK doggy tanks for build diversity, I'm set. I also still use my eLeaf GS tanks on occasion since I went to all the trouble of learning to rebuild those 1.5 ohm coils.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I like the Amor well enough, but I have so many 4ml mega V1s and V2s that I just seldom bother with the 2ml Amor.
Since I added three SXK doggy tanks for build diversity, I'm set. I also still use my eLeaf GS tanks on occasion since I went to all the trouble of learning to rebuild those 1.5 ohm coils.
Hey Mike, good to see you in here again. Looks like you're a steadfast MTLer. I have a Dvarw V2 waiting at home which I believe is very similar in performance to the Doggy.
Would you have an mtl build recommendation for the CLR? I'm thinking 1.5-1.8ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread