eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Hey Mike, good to see you in here again. Looks like you're a steadfast MTLer. I have a Dvarw V2 waiting at home which I believe is very similar in performance to the Doggy.
Would you have an mtl build recommendation for the CLR? I'm thinking 1.5-1.8ish?
I honestly don't worry too much about being precise with my builds. Anything between 1.0 and 1.8 suits me..lol. But, yes, 1.5 to 1.8 would be fine with me, too. In fact, I have three megas currently running with rebuilt clr coils, and I just checked the ohms: They are 1.1, 1.5 and 1.8. I use 28 gauge kanthal, usually with a 2.5 coiling tool. I vape at about 10w almost all the time.

The only thing I really get picky about is that I want a 1 ohm coil to start with. I just did not and do not like the .5 ohm.

Oh, and nice to see you, too, Foggy. It pleases me to see some action in this thread. Anybody heard from @pufZeppelin ? He checked in briefly to let us know he survived the hurricane last year, but I haven't seen anything from him since.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've been spending too much time on this thread, I broke another ego mega tiny tank. LOL this one was entirely my fault, it was tipped/flung forcefully from off the coffee table to under the couch I was fairly certain it was done for by the SOUND and yeah, I busted the center pin right off.

I might dig out my vapefly Nicolas tank for a change of pace. That sucker is bulletproof. Heh.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been spending too much time on this thread, I broke another ego mega tiny tank. LOL this one was entirely my fault, it was tipped/flung forcefully from off the coffee table to under the couch I was fairly certain it was done for by the SOUND and yeah, I busted the center pin right off.

I might dig out my vapefly Nicolas tank for a change of pace. That sucker is bulletproof. Heh.

Anna

You're about the perfect candidate for Zen's creation, the P3 threading. ;)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Anna
Heh. Have you considered getting mods with lanyards? :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Anybody heard from @pufZeppelin ? He checked in briefly to let us know he survived the hurricane last year, but I haven't seen anything from him since.

I've not, Mike, but I think of him daily when I (happily) vape my "BME". (Best Mod EVER!) And kwite nice to see you again in these parts.

0810181612.jpg

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Nice to see you, too, Kat. You'll be happy to know I've recommended that Latetia on the Shinyitis thread name her new cat "Katdarling."

I will admit to some misgivings, however. I seem to remember hearing DPL say there is only one Kat, or maybe it was "thank God there is only one Kat."

Either way, I'd hate to cause him confusion. I'm nice that way.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
May buy that 38 dollar tank eventually. The one fault the mega tanks have and the odyssey looks the same is the very bottom portion that includes the 510 pin and air slot is press fitted and when dropped knocked over etc can mess it up where it will not read on the mod.

Over the years have had several not read after knocking over. What use to do was get out the pliers and squeeze up and around the very bottom being careful around the 510 pin .
Now recently it happened again it knocked over and would not read on mod , used a socket put the 510 tank end in the socket hole where the ratchet would normally snapped into(protects 510 pin) and cloth over the other end in the vice slowly press back in to much force with probably shatter the pyrex window. It worked great and started reading again on the mods.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
May buy that 38 dollar tank eventually.

If I ever see the $20 sale again, rest assured I'll post it up (after KD & I place our orders, of course). Hey, at least I'm honest about the selfishness. :blush:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
rest assured I'll post it up (after KD & I place our orders, of course). Hey, at least I'm honest about the selfishness.

DPL...I think it was you...that posted in some other thread...at some other time..."There are 1 Billion vapers in the world...but only 25 vapers visit an ECF thread in any day"...

So your fears of posting a sale...THEN going to buy and finding it "Sold Out"...may be somewhat hyperbolic...:shock:

[And...as always..."Nothing really matters...and what if it DID ???"]

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Note that the word AUTHENTIC is not there!
I ordered one. Just got home and checked it out. No markings at all on base. Has a seal inside the chimney for the coil to seat against? Never saw that in my mega V1s. Not there in my Tron-S.

But this is my 1st of the 2ml size. I'll let the knowledgeable folks here decide. FAKE ???

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Very kind of you,DP:)

:D Thanks, Fran!!! ;)

DPL...I think it was you...that posted in some other thread...at some other time..."There are 1 Billion vapers in the world...but only 25 vapers visit an ECF thread in any day"...

So your fears of posting a sale...THEN going to buy and finding it "Sold Out"...may be somewhat hyperbolic...:shock:

[And...as always..."Nothing really matters...and what if it DID ???"]

Did you ever notice what happens when all 25 decide to buy something? Since most buy 16 copies of everything, we can sure kick a market in the booty.

EnablerU for the win! :headbang: :vapor: ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I ordered one. Just got home and checked it out. No markings at all on base. Has a seal inside the chimney for the coil to seat against? Never saw that in my mega V1s. Not there in my Tron-S.

But this is my 1st of the 2ml size. I'll let the knowledgeable folks here decide. FAKE ???

I have zero klue, Fogs, but as an aside..... how does it vape? :vapor:

Reactions: DPLongo22

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have zero klue, Fogs, but as an aside..... how does it vape? :vapor:
Don't know Kat. I did put a 1 ohm CL coil in and gave it a dry pull. Still quite airy for me. But I could live with it, maybe. Didn't bother to juice it up. I was more anxious get a build in the Dvarw and check it out.:thumbs::toast:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK

Mine (w/ a broken 510) just has the 'CE' and don't throw in trash symbols on the bottom and is authentic.

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
... The one fault the mega tanks have and the odyssey looks the same is the very bottom portion that includes the 510 pin and air slot is press fitted and when dropped knocked over etc can mess it up where it will not read on the mod.

I think I might call that a feature.
As we all know, a tank will fail when you need it most, and are least able to fix it.

That press fit has saved me several times. When it is abused, the tank just falls apart, rather than destroying itself, or worse ripping the threads out of the mod.
I didn't need a vice, just put something over the 510 and push it together with my palm against a hard surface. A socket and a piece of wood work well.

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

Anna

Stols
Do you have the Zenith D22, if so can you see if the megav2 base would screw on to it. ?

Reactions: stols001

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Stols
Do you have the Zenith D22, if so can you see if the megav2 base would screw on to it. ?

Looked at some pictures and can see that base will not fit as the threads on the Zenith are not on the outer portion of base like the joyetech mega tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread