Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The two megas I have going right now are V1. I also have the exact same Tron T in use and have found it to be an excellent tank. Just about impossible to find now, but there was a site or two practically giving them away last year. I got one but wish I had loaded up (I think they were $2 or $3 each). I do have a jillion megas of every variety, so I'm not hurting.

The V1 with the large slotted window is also something used here.
If you have the v2 version as well ever notice the V1 chimney is not fitted with any gasket that would meet the top of the clr like the v2 has.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The two megas I have going right now are V1. I also have the exact same Tron T in use and have found it to be an excellent tank. Just about impossible to find now, but there was a site or two practically giving them away last year. I got one but wish I had loaded up (I think they were $2 or $3 each). I do have a jillion megas of every variety, so I'm not hurting.

I like the T's a lot but admit that the top-view window can be a bit of a challenge when trying to assess the juice level. Regardless though, they're about the best thing I ever found to use with the Xvos so they've become all I ever use with those mods.

They just go together like...

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Check this little beauty out- Hardly any finish left on the Mega or the Pico. I guess my sweat is a fairly acidic. 1.5years of daily use with only two coils used the entire time. I really need to clean that drip tip.

DSC03347.JPG

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Are they, AdorableMike? I have a few that I have been thinking need a new home. WHO KNEW! :D
Why, hello there, Miss Kat. Been a while. Hope you and yours managed to avoid the ravages of all those fires this year. I've always pictured you as more of a downtown girl than a forest dweller. Hopefully, that means you stayed safe and sound. :D

As for the Tron T stash, I fear I've recently exceeded my phantom vaping budget. Since September:

* 6 Asmodus Colossal mods (yep, six. I absolutely love those things)
* 2 Digiflavor Sirens
* 2 SXK doggies
* 1 Beserker
* 1 Ehpro 101 mod
* Various batteries, drip tips and coiling goods.

I fell off the wagon, and I'm having trouble getting back on it. It's fun, but my bank account is screaming for mercy. :shock:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sir M'Adorable, yes it has been a while! All is well now on the Western front. It was NOT an easy peasy situation and many didn't fare well (as you all prolly know). We did avoid the ravages of the brutal fires, but they were WAY too klose to feel in any way secure.

HA! Forest dweller? MOI? Give me concrete and high heels and no one gets hurt! :lol:

Wow, you've got a PHANTOM vape budget too? AWESOME! :D

Ya did kwite well on your stashy stash. Sounds like great choices to me.

Here's wishing your wallet a speedy recovery.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
My beloved Mega 2 posted above is in need of retirement. The 510 threads have been worn to the point it will no longer tighten on the Pico. It seems the Egon One Mega tanks may well be on their way of the DoDo bird. Very few sites to purchase from any longer. - Even my old source the Vapestore says they are having a hard time purchasing them. VapeZone is the only place that I have snooped out that has the S.S. in stock at a reasonable price. I feel the need to stock up on few more. Wish I could find just bases for these as the tank is solid. I have never bought from this vendor ate they OK ??

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
@backitdown One of my Trons had the same problem. Brass threads screwing into SS wears them out.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank has the V2 mega for $10 but all are sold out except orange. The do have a silver base though. I'm glad I have about 7 of the V2s and a bunch of Trons.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Vapeshop (I typed vapestore above) has said they having a hard time buying stock from the manufacturer. That make me nervous. The price is right at Vapezone $7.80 each and if one is not in a hurry shipping is not too bad. $7.87 2-3 wks I think I'll place an order soon for 4 more S.S.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I have never seen the Totally Wicked Odyssey tank live and in person. I am wondering if one of these would be a better choice than 3 of the Mega V2's for about the same price, durability wise that is?
Not sure.

All I can say is that I bought a CLL tank on 9/18/16 (for my third year vaping anniversary) on sale at Totally Wicked for about $29 shipped and it has been in pretty much continuous use since then. (Caveat: I usually run 2 - and lately sometimes 3-4 - different set ups at a time.)

I was impressed enough with its build quality that I bought another one on 11/25/16 - again on sale - for about $26 shipped. It still sits in its unopened, shrink-wrapped box. I think of it as my “insurance” tank against a Vapocalypse.

Haven’t seriously considered buying another CLR compatible tank since then. I’ve been tempted - what with some of the ridiculously low prices I’ve seen - to try a V2 just for the heck of it, but never followed through. Just couldn’t see my CLLs “giving up the ghost” anytime soon.

I also have a Tron-S tank that came with an Evic VTC Mini Kit that still works, but I haven’t used it recently. I have no doubt that if equally used the CLL would outlast the Tron.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have never seen the Totally Wicked Odyssey tank live and in person. I am wondering if one of these would be a better choice than 3 of the Mega V2's for about the same price, durability wise that is?

I have two and I think they are way better, personally. If you want rewick coils though and dry burn in an atomizer, you will need at least one ego mega, you can't really, well I guess you could dry burn and then fish the coil out and clean everything, but the coil is pretty deep seated and it's more complicated.

I have one ego one mega left I bought like 7 of them and killed all but one. I'm not good with that tank. The Oddessys just keep on trucking for me though.

Anna

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
garndymarsh - thanks for the heads up. For those that will be ordering more. If you google up "joyetech ego one mega v2 tank" about four links down there is a link to Vapeshop that has the Mega 2's at $5.95 each. BONUS ! I order four at $27.52 shipped. Now to find an inexpensive Pico 25

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
garndymarsh - thanks for the heads up. For those that will be ordering more. If you google up "joyetech ego one mega v2 tank" about four links down there is a link to Vapeshop that has the Mega 2's at $5.95 each. BONUS ! I order four at $27.52 shipped. Now to find an inexpensive Pico 25
Still looking for a Pico 25? Try Rocky Mountain Vapor. Great company, very reliable. Use coupon code Turkey for 30 percent off.

Eleaf iStick PICO Simple Kit - $32.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

The page says kit, but it is actually for the mod only. It's $32. Use "Turkey" and get 30 percent ($9.60) off for a total of $22.40. Plus, shipping is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread