eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All I know is I didn't get to the USA and all encountering the metric system until high school. When we did "conversion to the metric system week" that week, I was ANGRY. Very angry, and I felt betrayed and also superior, a bit. Not because I knew the metric system, more like "You lot are all backwards you must eat a lot of paste."

Almost more so than when my parents decided to put me and my brother in the "immersion method" of French schooling by just like, handing my brother this "American to French" dictionary and then abandoning us at this building, filled with adults who spoke no English and saying, "See ya later!" pretty much (which included a sudden move to an after school program in a different building) and I was pretty sure my mom would NOT know where to pick us up and they made me leave my galoshes in the other room and every time I went to go GET them this Germanic Fraulein sort kept coming to get me, removing my galoshes, and like, scolding me (I presume I did not know what the HECK she was talking about.) Finally, my mom showed up and was like, "How was your first day of school?" and I kind of wanted to PUNCH her and hug her at the same time. I was ANGRY then.

But I think the whole inches and feet thing made me MADDER. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
We continue to fail because we insist on teaching translation/conversion/etc.. THE most useless and ineffective way to teach anything, and we fell in love with it.

45 years (more or less) from when we first attempted (and failed miserably), yet we still haven't figured that out.

Jeez, Louise... :facepalm:

5,280 feet in a mile. Mm-hmm. :blink:

• Winner
Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Now this discussion has done got me thinking I need to get an eGrip VT. I started with the original eGrip and with the tiny rba head it was great. At the time I thought joyetech ruined the eGrip by putting a screen on it.
Since going mtl I've retired all my CLR tanks cuz I just can't get the airflow tight enuf for me. I know the eGrip is capable of shutting the airflow down to nothing. The VT 'should' accept my CLRs? Might be the perfect pod system for me? Fully adjustable power, TC and airflow.
Right now the only thing I'm really happy with are my 2 authentic Aspire ET tanks but they can't be found anymore. The eBay clones are too airy and I believe the ones MVS is selling are the same clones. Waiting for a pod system I won before I start trying others. But the eGrip has made it to the top of my list to try.

Edit: a little research showed that the VT won't accept the CLR. Must be the CL-OLED version that does. I guess.

Da little PM, she be a-incoming, dear one.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Whelp, I done it again. Let my thpethial version of retro shinyitis override my common sense. Just ordered a new Joyetech eGrip VT. Outdated, out of production and internal battery. :facepalm:
But IF it works and IF the CLR hack I posted earlier works, I'll have fun with it. I've got 4 packs of CLR TI coils and just in case that hack doesn't work I picked up 6 packs of CL NI coils @ 29¢ per pack. (Thanks again @Lanciab )
Also found a source for replacements for my Aspire ET clearos that I keep busting.:w00t:

So if all goes well I'm gonna be right back where I started in 2015. With an egrip (new improved and CLR-ized TC) and Aspire ET clearos as backup.

Maybe?

Last edited:

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
My experience with the egrips (both kinds): worked great for a few weeks but started leaking and I was never able to get it to stop and I tried EVERYTHING.

Edit: somehow they stop being air tight and liquid starts making its way thru the airflow hole. I tried to beef up the dinky orings to no avail.

Last edited:

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Foggy Road, there's no reason for it to work.
For the leakings, i've read somewhere on this board that some kind of cotton seal might be the cause : once saturated it would not block the liquid spilling.
Replacing it with a standard rubber seal was the cure.
And you're welcome for the Ni coils :)
Keep us posted !

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I've heard that many times when the old eGrip thread was active. Had 2 originals. One succumbed to the weak USB connector. The other I piffed away as I moved toward DL. The one I had let sitting for 2 months with an RBA base and half full of juice. When I finally moved it there was one small drop off juice under it.
Only major leak I ever had was the first time I used the RBA. Dumped a full tank all over myself. Joyetech had cut the wick too short on the preinstalled coil! Once properly wicked I never had a problem.
Our Precious CLR coils also have a reputation as leakers. Don't know why, I've never experienced it.

Edit: 1 possible reason I never had the leaks was that I had only used 1 or 2 of the CS coils. I moved to the GS air coils immediately and then the Aspire BVC coils then the RBA head. The CS coils sucked from the start!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It has been about 5 weeks since there was a post here in thread.

Let there be Eggrolls!!! :banana: :vapor:

Eggrolls_20181127_102421.jpg

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Let there be Eggrolls!!! :banana: :vapor:

View attachment 782567
The two megas I have going right now are V1. I also have the exact same Tron T in use and have found it to be an excellent tank. Just about impossible to find now, but there was a site or two practically giving them away last year. I got one but wish I had loaded up (I think they were $2 or $3 each). I do have a jillion megas of every variety, so I'm not hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread