Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I'm not sure what type of finish is on these types of tanks. Powdercoating over wet finishes has pretty much taken over these days but P.C. paint is tuff stuff and would not rub off with a green scrubby if well adhered. If it can be done (i'm not trying my black one yet) it's not a P.C. finish. If that is the case they could be stripped with any good paint stripper.

Taking a good look at my black Mega V2 right out of the box- is has a chip in the bottom edge of the base- I'm thinkin these may not be not P.Coated

I'm sticking with the Stainless finish Mega tanks even though the bases tarnish just as bad as the metal parts on the Pico. Why the Pico was not chromed, like the other Isticks, is beyond me. I wish they would charge me a couple bucks more and use decent raw materials.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
:mail:
upload_2017-7-15_21-11-2.png

just got some new ejuice in today and funny it just happened this way but the rotation, it happened to be BOTH
of my Tron T tanks I have out - so to the reworking/cleaning sink they go - it is SO COOL that they come completely apart :p

:2c: again MY TAKE is that the Tron tanks seem to have like a double coating on them (unlike the standard ego one tanks) the finish just seems THICKER to me... o_O

upload_2017-7-15_21-46-46.png

:blink:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
The black Tron S that I'm using is wearing around the top edge and also has a chip in the center area. It looks like it's white underneath the black. Seems weird that they would do that.

Maybe someday I'll get out my Dremel with a wire brush and have at it.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
keep seeing in many threads peeps talking about TEMP CONTROL like they are fearful or timid of it :shock:

it really is just a couple button pushes from WATTS / POWER mode to try it out...

View attachment 672425
Not sure about the last step. I often vape my tank completely dry - sometimes when I want to change flavors, but sometimes when I'm just not paying attention 'cuz I'm no longer afraid of getting a dry hit and scorching my wick and having to replace it. :)

Sometimes the flavor drops off and I'm scratching my head wondering why, only to find that my tank is almost bone dry.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I like SS in temp control, no dry hits ever and it is just consistent all the way.

With a change in flavors, I sometimes just vape it to empty and go ahead and use another juice without even changing out the wick. The old flavor is gone soon that way anyway.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Temp control is the best vaping invention since the aspire nautilus. Seriously I can't go back.. and once i have gone through my stockpile of non TC coils, i will only buy SS316 or nickel coils from now on. BTW, there is another MTL nickel coil that is very little discussed.. the vaporshark kanger ones.. it will transform your kanger dual coil compatible tanks :)
PS i think i'm going to have a crack at rebuilding these CLR coils with SS wire.. is 316 the easiest to work with? This would be the first time in my life building a coil of any kind.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Temp control is the best vaping invention since the aspire nautilus. Seriously I can't go back.. and once i have gone through my stockpile of non TC coils, i will only buy SS316 or nickel coils from now on. BTW, there is another MTL nickel coil that is very little discussed.. the vaporshark kanger ones.. it will transform your kanger dual coil compatible tanks :)
PS i think i'm going to have a crack at rebuilding these CLR coils with SS wire.. is 316 the easiest to work with? This would be the first time in my life building a coil of any kind.

316L is easy to work with. It has about half the resistance of Kanthal. I have used 30 awg to get around 1.2 ohm coils and 28 gauge to get around .7 ohm coils. This was for Kanger subtank.

The 30 is harder to work as it is thinner.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I dunno about "easiest" (haven't tried Ni or Ti), but it IS easy to work with. IMO, just as easy as Kanthal, which is what many, many people started making coils with - including myself.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
316L is easy to work with. It has about half the resistance of Kanthal. I have used 30 awg to get around 1.2 ohm coils and 28 gauge to get around .7 ohm coils. This was for Kanger subtank.

The 30 is harder to work as it is thinner.
Currently rockin a 30awg @ 1.5 and a 28awg @ .7 both 316L and both in CLRs. Ya know what? Can barely tell the difference in the vape.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Yeah I couldn't tell the difference with .7 ohm or 1.2 ohm with temperature control. So I just went with the 28 AWG because it is easier for me to handle.
I tried the 1.5 cuz it brings my old 5-15w mods back into play. Soooo happy that it works so well.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Before I started using tc. I had to change the wick about every 5 days due to tasting funky. I just changed the cotton wick today after about 10 day, not because it was tasting bad but because I figured it was time to clean it out anyway. The cotton still looked good with no burn marks on it.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Before I started using tc. I had to change the wick about every 5 days due to tasting funky. I just changed the cotton wick today after about 10 day, not because it was tasting bad but because I figured it was time to clean it out anyway. The cotton still looked good with no burn marks on it.
Ain't it great? :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Was great for a couple or 3 months then got boring. Seems I just can't leave well enuf alone. I've got Soooo much stuff after 2 years, Soooo many variables or variations available. I lost count of how many times I've found nirvana... Then eventually I always seem to start wondering what else can I try. It's a never ending adventure it seems.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
But - But - But "Pico+CLR=K.I.S.S.=Happy Vaper=End of story. G'nite!" :toast:
Yup! That ain't changed. Its just that these CLR tanks are Soooo versatile. Seems to be no end to what Ya kin do wit 'em. As for the Picos... they'll always be in the rotation I jus want to bring some of my old pals back inta da game too. Zmax, SID, eHuge and such.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread