ego-T Atomizer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCr8n

Apr 28, 2010
Richmond
I have never had much luck maintaining atomizers which is why I mainly used cartomizers, but I recently purchased the ego-t system and I absolutely LOVE IT. Only problem is, I am still getting that burnt taste from the atomizers after about a week of vaping. I tried to clean the atomizer by using the hot water method and then dry burn after it dried for 48 hours. This initially worked for the first 10 or 15 drags, but then it started to taste more burnt than before I cleaned it.
I really need some help with this. I love the flavor I get from the ego-t and I would hate to have to abandon it because I cannot seem to properly maintain my atomizers. At $14 a pop, I cannot afford to buy atomizers every week.

Please Help, or direct me to a previous post that will answer my question.

-Chris

Evie

Mar 9, 2011
Mississippi
I've only dry burned mine when they're wet. Dry burning after it's dry is probably causing the burnt taste. Try soaking your atty in PGA or isopropyl for 5-10 minutes, blow out, pour hot (almost boiling) water through a few times (blow out between), then dry burn or let air dry. If it's completely dry, let the tank set on the atty for 20 or so minutes (tank up) so it can wick down into the atty.

This works for me, hope it does for you too.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Mine gave me a kind of burnt taste a couple of times when it was new. I think it was running a little dry on me. I took tweezers and removed the little tab where the hole punched through. When I put it in the atty I twisted it about a half turn, something I learned from somewhere on here, and noticed I hadn't been getting it down all the way. Then I saw a guy on You Tube who unscrewed the atty with the tank still on, covered the airflow with his finger and pulled a long hard draw to prime it. That was my last dry burnt taste. I also watched a video on how to adjust the wick but it looked to difficult for me. Only cleaning I do on mine is blow it out and wipe the threads at night and once in a while when I change flavors. Hope this helps. If not I'm sure some of the more experienced people will post other things. I think once you get it ironed out you're really going to love it. Mine and my wifes don't take much maintenance at all and not having to refill things all day sure is sweet.

ladybugMary

Dec 22, 2010
Florida USA
When I first got mine, TBH, I thought I made a big mistake but persevered. I found I had to clean the atty's a couple/few times (alcohol) before I finally got rid of that awful stuff on them from the factory. Now, once in a while I clean the one I'm using (not often) and I haven't had anymore problems. I will say you have to make sure the tank is all the way on otherwise you get a weak draw, little smoke, and very little flavor. When I use a new tank, almost always I have to stick a straight pin in the bottom to complete the puncture. The one tip that has help alot has been to take a couple small quick puffs without pressing the button. This seems to "prime" it.

When you clean the atty with alcohol, be sure to test the flow of the alcohol through the atty. You should get a solid fast stream, not drips. Keep doing it until it runs solid. I had one that I must have really coated from a heavy dark VG based juice. Took a good many test flows until it ran strong. I almost gave up thinking I waited too long to clean it but perseverance paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread