Ego-T "burnt hit" question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
I got my Ego-T starter kit from Madvapes LLC - E Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, Vaping Supplies in the mail about a week ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I am having a slight issue though. Every so often, I'll take a hit, and it tastes burnt, almost like when you puff on a dying cartomizer. It doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't seem to matter if the tank is full, near full, half empty, or nearly out of juice. I am noticing that it seems to happen most often when I use the Minthol e-juice (also from madvapes). I'm thinking maybe I damaged that particular tank when I cleaned it (ran it through water, and dried it out with a Q-tip). It happens with my other tanks as well, but not quite as often (I have 5 tanks each with a different flavor and I just ordered 10 more tanks). Does anyone else get this? How do you fix/prevent it? What I've been doing when this happens is drip 2-3 drops right on the wick in the atomizer, "tailpipe" a hit or two, then put the tank back on. This seems to help. I also tried taking a few hard puffs without pressing the button before actually inhaling, which also seems to help (I'm guessing the pressure helps loosen the hole so the liquid can get to the atomizer or something). It is kind of becoming a pain though - the "burnt hits" seem to be tearing up the back of my throat. Thanks for any help in advance!

Also, what's the best way to clean Ego-T atomizers? What I've been doing when I switch flavors is just blowing them out, and wiping the excess liquid out with a Q-tip. I know that I'm eventually going to have to clean them properly though. Anyone have a really good, preferably quick, method?

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
Sounds like your atty isn't wicking completely. The tanks on those take a little fiddling to get them to work. Take the tank off, then put it back on a little harder then twist it a little bit. You can also try to push the wick down with a needle or a push pin. Just don't push to hard.

Those tanks are really easy to clean. Fill them up with a little water, shake then blow through the mouthpiece to get all the water out, then dry with a paper towel. You can also use a push pin to remove the little part of the mouthpiece. Just put the push pin in the little hole and pry up. Rinse that with a little warm water and blow through it.

The atty's can be soaked in vodka for a few hours, then take them out and let them air dry for a few hours. Drip some juice into the wick and leave it sit for a while. For flavor changes, blow through the atty onto a paper towel. That will get most of the juice out of it.

Last edited:

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
hrlw817: I've tried fiddling with the tank, and it works for a bit, but after a while, it does it again - like I said, it tastes like the atomizer is dry. As far as pushing the wick down, I'm kinda scared to try.... I don't want to break my atty.... Thanks for the tips though! ^_^

Off Topic: I actually have 10 cartos that I bought on MadVapes when I ordered my 510 auto kit (which I sent back because it SUCKED!), but I prefer the flavor of the tanks to the cartos. Not really sure why.... I am keeping them as backups though. Thanks for the tip! ^_^

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
an atomizer will always deliver better flavor than an carto. Cartos are just more forgiving.

How are you filling the carto?

I haven't tried the "condom/push method". I've tried dripping into the mouthpiece end dripping into the threaded end (both until I saw liquid drip out the opposite end), and I tried using my cartojet/cartoblast to clean and fill them. Didn't seem to make a difference. I like the flavor in the ego tanks better. ::shrugs::

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
I just tried the Carto's again with my Ego, and they are actually pretty good. I think I just burnt out the first one when I used it with my 510 kit. (Before I bought the Ego, I bought this 510 Auto Kit, Blue LED and it sucked (had to puff it REALLY LONG AND HARD to get a good hit with any taste/vapor). I can see myself switching between the tanks and cartos. Eventually, I'd like to get a 5ml or 6ml tank for my "all day vape", and use the smaller tanks/cartos for new flavors and flavors I only want to use on occasion. Someone I met today had a 6ml tank from Dragonfly eCigs - Distributor of Joyetech 510-T, eGO-T, 510, eGo, and large variety of MOD, and it looked pretty cool, but if anyone has any suggestions for a good large capacity (5ml+) tank, let me know. I'd prefer one where I can replace the cartomizer if it burns out or something.

longlife2012

Moved On
Oct 12, 2012
Vapeland
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread