Ego-T pass-through ... do I need a charger to use it stand-alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I posted this in Ask a Veteran as well ... but thought I might be able to get an answer here while waiting for a mod to post my thread ...

I needed to order some more G4's and could only find them (510 connector) at Liberty-Flights -- cool by me, you're where I got my last batch too. I gave a pass-through to a friend the other day 'cause she is having horrible issues with her brand-name 808D batteries. I thought I had another one at home ... well I got home and I couldn't find it. I use a bigger-battery mod on a daily basis (and have another for stand-by/fail-over) but not having a pass-through makes me nervous.

I never liked the first 510 pass-through that I had (not from L-F) so I didn't really want to spend money on another one. I spotted the Ego-T 1000 mAh pass-through and ordered it. I know that it will work perfectly well as only a pass-through, but I thought that it would also be nice as a backup device.

Question is this: Will using it as a pass-through charge the battery itself so that I could use it untethered? Or do I need to purchase a charger for it?

Thanks for any assistance and guidance that you could provide!!

Jan :vapor:

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
Will using it as a pass-through charge the battery itself so that I could use it untethered? Or do I need to purchase a charger for it?

The short answer: yes

You can vape while you are charging, and as long as you aren't outrunning the charge rate, the battery will charge up while you continue to use it. I've not had any experience with the 1000 mAh version, but this is exactly how the 650 PT works, and I wouldn't think any different for the 1k.

My personal experience is that the PT charging is slightly slower than hooking the battery up to a normal 420mAh charger, but only slightly so (this is with me not vaping on it while it charged).

Figure if the batt charged up fully (from blinky-dead) with the regular USB charger in 2.5-3hrs, the PT connector did the same job in about 3-3.5, give or take. YMMV

The cable option is fantastic for long car trips if you have a cheapie 12V to USB adapter. Mine is rated at 1000mAh, which is more than enuf current to keep the ego happy. Try that with a standard 510 PT with no batt! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread