eGo-T question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIZZLE89

Oct 23, 2013
Salt Lake City
Hey everyone, been doing some searching, but can't find a specific answer to my problem.

I have an eGo-T 650. I normally charge through the USB port at the bottom where the indication lights are (red/green).
My charging is done via USB cable attached to my computer, and I leave it on the charger overnight and have done so for a week.

This morning, when I took it off the charger, the light near the port was green, and I figured 'alright, it's good to go.'
When I went to take a puff, I noticed the 'trigger' LED was green, as it had been last night before I put it on the charger.
Normally it should be white as far as I'm aware after a week of use and fully charging it the same way.
From what I've gathered, it somehow didn't charge.

Now, I don't have a mini USB cable at work, but my coworker uses a similar e-Cig, with a different charger.
This charger can screw into the top side of the battery body near the trigger button.
I don't want to do that without being certain that I won't do any damage to the battery.

I can provide pics if that would be helpful.

PIZZLE89

Oct 23, 2013
Salt Lake City
You're right DO NOT USE THE WRONG CHARGER. Just because it will connect does not mean that it charges at the proper rate.

I figured as much. Don't wanna accidentally nuke this thing, especially since today marks 1 week without throwing a dip in.
Asked around our tech department, and they have exactly one mini USB cable that I am now using to charge up.
Much thanks tj99959!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Possibly it didn't charge if you're screwing in whatever e-liquid device you're using too tightly. Unbend a paper clip or get a small screwdriver and raise the center pin on your battery slightly. Do this very carefully so you don't damage the battery. See if that works. If not, it may be the charger. Or battery.

PIZZLE89

Oct 23, 2013
Salt Lake City
So, I let it sit on the USB charger connected to the computer. I even went home and got my wall charger during lunch.
The LED at the bottom will be stuck on red for a while, anywhere from 2 seconds to 5 minutes, but will then switch off.
Also tried the firing pin fix, but to no avail. It will still hit like normal.

Maybe I should just use it until it dies completely. Ideas?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread