EGO Threading Stripped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to respond to a problem I am having with my Ego thread being stripped on a forum that I had found on this board.
So the problem is I have had an ego for about 3 months now and the threading is now stripped. The only tank I can get to tighten down is my Kanger Pro tank. I have been searing for some kind of solution to the problem w/o nhaving to buy a new head.
There is a forum here regarding this issue and someone posted a picture to a mount adapter that looked like it may work to solve problem and I was trying to get more information on where I can find one, the information on his post didnt have enough information to locate it.
So Looking for information on how to solve a threading issue on EVic

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Thank you, I noticed, :pI should have checked this thread before searching for them. lol

I have never had threading strip before. I suppose it is a good reason to try something new.

The only time I try something new is out of necessity it seems but I am always happy I do. So....
I am wondering if a tank type atomizer will work as well? Outside fittings? I can hold the atty on and make a connection so, I am thinking and wondering, as long as the tank can screw on the outside and makes a connection I can use it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am wondering if a tank type atomizer will work as well? Outside fittings? I can hold the atty on and make a connection so, I am thinking and wondering, as long as the tank can screw on the outside and makes a connection I can use it.

Yes, if your battery comes equipped with dual (510/eGo) connection, you can use eGo threaded heads on it bypassing the 510 threads (and vice versa). As long as you make an electrical connection--center pin to center pin), your atomizer will fire.

ego2e.jpg

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Thank you spaceballrules and katya.

The ego battery does have dual threads, inner 510 and external Ego.

I am planning on buying the ego to ego adapter when it is in stock,but until that time, I bought a clearomizer, which I thought should screw tight on the outer threading. Unfortunately, The center pin will not hold tight, as there isn't any threading in the C4, so I am not able to screw the clearomizer on. Shouldn't the c4 just screw on the outer eGo threads?

*Thinking out loud*
I have had small ego batteries last for months and months. This one, even though it had the ego-T stamp, I bought from ebay at a ridiculously cheap price. I am wondering if the threading off to begin with and even if I get the adapter it won't work either. If so,then I'll know if it is a factory second, Fortunately the adapter is cheap and if I could get it to work I would be ok with it. It fires just fine. It even picks up a charge hanging on the charger. (For which,I am sure there is an outer eGo threaded charger for that too. )

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If your battery doesn't fire, try cleaning the threads with alcohol and wiggle the center post in the battery to raise it a bit. Use a mini screwdriver or a paper clip and wiggle it a bit--from all sides--very gently, just to raise it a hair.

f6d60a8f.jpg

But honestly, at this point, I suggest you get a new battery. Don't buy a cheap knockoff. Get a good variable voltage battery like eGo-C Twist, a Vision Spinner or iTaste MVP and you'll be much happier. Promise. If you prefer set voltage eGos, get some 1.8Ω heads. They will work fine with 3.3v batteries.

Also, try some new toppers--Kanger BCC clearos are nice; T3S, T2 (if you like top coil), eVod, mini ProTank 2 (if you like glass). CE4s are old technology, don't have replaceable coils and they were never great to begin with--IMHO.

There's nothing worse than lousy hardware--takes out all the fun out of vaping.

Last edited:

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
You are a treasure trove of good information Katya. I appreciate you! ;)

If you prefer set voltage eGos, get some 1.8Ω heads. They will work fine with 3.3v batteries.

Also, try some new toppers--Kanger BCC clearos are nice; T3S, T2 (if you like top coil), eVod, mini ProTank 2 (if you like glass). CE4s are old technology, don't have replaceable coils and they were never great to begin with--IMHO.

I do like set voltage and I do have my eye on the basic eGo tanks. The clearomizer wasn't what I would have chosen had I not been trying to fit a thread.

There's nothing worse than lousy hardware--takes out all the fun out of vaping.

OH so true!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread