EGO Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Not to get off topic but first off windows 7 blows xp away there are networking features and performance features that just can't be overlooked... Have you used windows 8 on a touchscreen device? Its the best computer experience I've had. My laptop with a regular HDD boots in at least triple the speed it did with windows 7 on it. If your computer came with windows xp why would anyone expect that hardware to be great with windows 7. Obviously that computer is a little out dated and works better with its supported OS.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
To each their own. I'm a sys admin and I deal with XP, 7, and 8 on a daily basis. I like XP and 7, but I could live without 8*. It has a couple of features I appreciate, but I HATE, HATE, HATE the metro interface.

*I didn't skip Vista. We just don't have any desktops with it on my LAN. I eliminated all installations of it the first chance I had. :laugh:

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I'm sitting here on my Vaio with Win 8 and a touch screen, it's a laptop, why do I need to touch the screen? I don't need finger prints smeared all over it to increase my experience. On a tablet Win 8 is great, on a computer the interface is just clunky. The start screen separate from the desktop screen is just a pain in the ....

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's quite nice lookin'.

Nothing ugly about this.. just get an adapter

It would be nice if the next version had a flat top, the slanted top is beginning to look kinda dated IMO. I doubt ego cone threading will be added though. If they're not going to change to a flat top, I wish they would sell pro-rings. (I need 3)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Folks need to accept that there are going to be different features valued by different users, and no one device is going to be "the best".

Provari isn't going to come out with a PV that's got the most gadgets, fanciest screen, onboard tapatalk, Facebook, and puff-counters.
Innokin isn't going to produce a PV with a 2-year guarantee that it'll vape after being dropped from a 9th story window and run over by an SUV.

It's OK - you can buy two different mods. Or pick the one that's got more of what you find important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread