Ego/Tornado poll

How would you rate your ego tornado over all?

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diverdown

Mar 16, 2009
Portland, USA
Hello everyone,

I just ordered a tornado a couple days ago, and it's in the mail. I was over in the technical forum looking around and I came across a thread about people with problems with their ego/tornados. Seems there were quite a few. It got me a little worried. Then I started wondering... so there are some people here with some issues with them. But how many have them without problems and they just aren't speaking out. So I think I want to do a poll of people with them and see what their experience is.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
i've had mine for just on two weeks and can't fault it. WAY better than the crappy 510 people seem to rave about on here. just goes to show how opinions can differ so greatly.
lol whut? the ego/tornado IS a 510 with a big battery.

Anyway my tornado rocks, nothing but good things to say about it.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
i've had mine for just on two weeks and can't fault it. WAY better than the crappy 510 people seem to rave about on here. just goes to show how opinions can differ so greatly.

Uhm ... the eGo is a 510 with a bigger battery and a neat cone. And given the delivery problems, many people plainly and simply did not have the opportunity to try one; the eGo is very new.

So I don't think I quite understand your point.

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
So far the eGo battery has been the best e-cig battery I've used. But as I've only used the 510 and eGo that's not saying much. I've had 2 autos die one me, but it could very well be user error. Ethan at JantyUSA has been kind enough to replace both of them with manuals. The first manual he sent us is working well for hubby. The second manual is on the way to me now. We don't get quite the use per charge that others are reporting. I've saw where others are getting 8-12 hours per charge, but we usually get more along the lines of 4-6. Still MUCH better than the max 2 hours we got out of the 510 batteries.

We started with the 510, in less than a week we got the eGo batteries because the constant vape, charge, vape, charge rotation routine of the 510 got old FAST. The best set up that we've personally had so far is a nicostick type box mod. Its a true 3.6 v and I've gotten up to 12 hours out of a charge (it wasn't dead then, I just figured it would be a good idea to change out).

If I had it to do over, I'd have started with the KR808, specifically the VaporKing from V4L. I find the cartos to be superior to the 510 atty/cart set up (opinion ;) ) and the 808 batteries seem to be (judging from what I've experienced using the ones that belong to friends) longer lasting than the regular 510s of similar size/shape. They stack up pretty well against the eGo too. I'll be ordering my own VaporKing XL kit soon, and have a feeling that ALL of my 510 stuff, eGo included,will be up for sale or trade shortly thereafter.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
I have my eGo since it first came out and also have a Tornado battery. It's a very good device. Mind you, I don't use my exclusively as I have just a few devices. I wish it had been out when I first started...the battery charge is fantastic.

Regarding those who extol the virtues of the regular 510...it's not because they prefer it over the eGo...the eGo is still new enough that some may not have the chance to give it a try.

lairkeeper, you won't need to get rid of your eGo. Just order an adaptor (a 510 to 901...Good Prophets and Madvapes both have them) and can use the cartos on your eGo. It's a good combination.

mmkeebler

Feb 27, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I posted as having battery issues. And, both batteries have now had issues with the button sticking. TW was fairly quick at replacing them and because of their long lasting battery, I wasn't stuck for too terribly long without an ecig. I would vape until the battery died, try and occupy myself while the single battery charged again. And vape for a few more hours before bed. Then charge all the way while I slept.

Anyhow, I still ranked it a three. If you're planning on buying one though, go with the eGo for the better (longer) warranty. I'm sad I didn't know about the warranty there vs the warranty at TW before I made my purchase.

wenchy69

Moved On
Feb 15, 2010
australia
Uhm ... the eGo is a 510 with a bigger battery and a neat cone. And given the delivery problems, many people plainly and simply did not have the opportunity to try one; the eGo is very new.

So I don't think I quite understand your point.

can't say i understand yours either. then again, i never did speak monkey talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread