• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo Twist died....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I'm vaping along on my 1000 Mah twist and the light blinks then I start sucking air. Not to worry it just needs a charge screw it in and the light is green and no matter how long its stays hooked up its still NO CHARGE.

I just bought it in July and haven't vaped it that hard.

Anyone with experience on the life and times of a 1000 Mah eGo Twist????

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
Have you dropped it recently? Or hit it off something?

I had a 650 that did this. Turns out, the black wire pulled away from the circut board when it was dropped. That meant it let me use the rest of that charge, but would not charge (same deal, light just stayed green).

My local shop has a "workshop" and fixed it up for me (luv them! that's why we shop there!!!)

If you don't have a shop, and you can't do it yourself, maybe pull it apart (CAREFULLY!) and have a friend solder it back on for you?

There's a video around here somewhere about how to get them apart.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I am not sure if you have tried pulling the center pin up? I know I thought I killed one and that was the problem.

I just used a small screwdriver and wiggled up one side and the other and then when I screwed it in the charger it went red and away it went.

Thanks Guys:
Option 1: Shades I will elect to take the "low cost" option and attempt the screw driver fiddling
Option 2: Jables if I do this I will upgrade to the variable wattage.

Last edited:

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Have you dropped it recently? Or hit it off something?

I had a 650 that did this. Turns out, the black wire pulled away from the circut board when it was dropped. That meant it let me use the rest of that charge, but would not charge (same deal, light just stayed green).

My local shop has a "workshop" and fixed it up for me (luv them! that's why we shop there!!!)

If you don't have a shop, and you can't do it yourself, maybe pull it apart (CAREFULLY!) and have a friend solder it back on for you?

There's a video around here somewhere about how to get them apart.

You may have an equally valid point. I've dropped my batts so many times they are starting to complain about the judges scoring.

But I assumed that the eGo's were "fused" together i.e., if you took them apart that was like performing an autopsy, theres no going back.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Guys:
Option 1: Shades I will elect to take the "low cost" option and attempt the screw driver fiddling
Option 2: Jables if I do this I will upgrade to the variable wattage.

That's never a bad idea haha, I have plans of getting a Provari, but I'll still be keeping a healthy stock of Twists for when I'm out and about.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
Yeah the nice thing about thinking that it is already dead is that you wont feel bad if it breaks while trying to take it apart.

HAHA!!! That was exactly how I was thinking when it happened to mine!

The shop said this is actually quite common, this wire pulls away a lot on impacts becasue of the way it is directed through the tube.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I've my Provari and its a different experience. Dive in Jabs you'll not regret it.

Different how? I'm still enjoying my eGo assembly of bits, and there's more bits on the way.... but I need to know what I want should I ever find myself holding the winning lotto ticket. Then again, that might be hard as I never buy one.... ah well! Still curious about what all the raving is about regarding the Provaris....

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Yeah the nice thing about thinking that it is already dead is that you wont feel bad if it breaks while trying to take it apart.

Link ( not that you need it ) for the fix center pin thingie

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

Thanks Shades....

The Gramma Video: Of course you had to show me how easy it was by getting the silver haired Grandmother (who just happens to be a rocket scientist). Ok so where are the milk and cookies. LOL

The Brit Video: Yes the Batt is still alive. Because when I stuck the screw driver into the hole to pull my pin the light started to flash. As I type this I'm thinking that there are still good connections somewhere because the light is flashing but I can't turn it off. Now I'm very confused.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Different how? I'm still enjoying my eGo assembly of bits, and there's more bits on the way.... but I need to know what I want should I ever find myself holding the winning lotto ticket. Then again, that might be hard as I never buy one.... ah well! Still curious about what all the raving is about regarding the Provaris....

Tyger a few things about the Provari:

1. Maybe this is a guy thing but when you hold it in your hand it has "heft", substance.
2. Rugged and reliable. It is heavy duty and may be used as a weapon should one feel the urge and it will emerge none the worse for wear.
3. Provari has customer service on par with Jughead's
4. Oh yes Vaping: when you attach a cart or vivi nova or ZAP (someday when Canada Customs are finished with it) to this thing and click the "buh ton" (PBusardo speak) to dial up resistance you know exactly what you've got at the end of the battery. This allows you to dial in voltage (power up or power down between 3.5 and 6.0 V) to get to your sweet vape spot in watts.
5. Saftey features
6. Readable LED
7. etc, etc

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Shades....

The Gramma Video: Of course you had to show me how easy it was by getting the silver haired Grandmother (who just happens to be a rocket scientist). Ok so where are the milk and cookies. LOL

The Brit Video: Yes the Batt is still alive. Because when I stuck the screw driver into the hole to pull my pin the light started to flash. As I type this I'm thinking that there are still good connections somewhere because the light is flashing but I can't turn it off. Now I'm very confused.

This is exactly what happened when my Twist took a swan dive with a quadruple half-gainer onto a concrete floor. With the guidance of the above video (thank you Steeljan!), I was able to get it apart to have a gander at the board. Turns out that the wires attached to the left (battery end) of the circuit board had pulled loose.

Edit: The whole assembly is just press-fit into the battery compartment. Some padded (with masking tape) pliers and a bit of wiggling was all it took to get it apart.

All I had to do was follow this simple process to get it working again:

1) Ransack my workshop looking for my iron and solder for a good 30 minutes.
2) Spend half an hour trying to get the wires to stay put long enough for me to solder them back on (after verrrry carefully stripping them a little more).
3) Cuss up a storm when I burnt my hand on the iron and dropped the Twist back onto the concrete floor and broke the wire to the top connection (on the right, in the vid).
4) Spend another 10 minutes fussing with that wire until I managed to solder it back on, and:
5) Spend another 10 minutes trying to get the button and board back in the hole properly so that it wasn't jammed.

Bing bang boom. Easy as pie. ;)

Twist works just as well as it ever did, though.

Edit the seconde: Some steps are, of course, optional. :)

Last edited:

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
This is exactly what happened when my Twist took a swan dive with a quadruple half-gainer onto a concrete floor. With the guidance of the above video (thank you Steeljan!), I was able to get it apart to have a gander at the board. Turns out that the wires attached to the left (battery end) of the circuit board had pulled loose.

Edit: The whole assembly is just press-fit into the battery compartment. Some padded (with masking tape) pliers and a bit of wiggling was all it took to get it apart.

All I had to do was follow this simple process to get it working again:

1) Ransack my workshop looking for my iron and solder for a good 30 minutes.
2) Spend half an hour trying to get the wires to stay put long enough for me to solder them back on (after verrrry carefully stripping them a little more).
3) Cuss up a storm when I burnt my hand on the iron and dropped the Twist back onto the concrete floor and broke the wire to the top connection (on the right, in the vid).
4) Spend another 10 minutes fussing with that wire until I managed to solder it back on, and:
5) Spend another 10 minutes trying to get the button and board back in the hole properly so that it wasn't jammed.

Bing bang boom. Easy as pie. ;)

Twist works just as well as it ever did, though.

Edit the seconde: Some steps are, of course, optional. :)

Mr. Mike thanks as usual. I was wondering about getting the thing apart. Was wondering if you had some guidance on the fact that when I stuck the screw driver in the light did the flashing thing.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Mr. Mike thanks as usual. I was wondering about getting the thing apart. Was wondering if you had some guidance on the fact that when I stuck the screw driver in the light did the flashing thing.

Not sure why that happens; I first tried pulling my centre pin with a screwdriver as well, and when it made contact with both the pin and the outer portion is when I saw my light flash. I can only assume it's the short circuit protection kicking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread