eGo Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbkk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Bangkok
Love this battery. I've now got the lavatube and the 1000mah twist and I have to say that I prefer the twist. I'm very new to vaping and have never used a fixed voltage unit but I don't see why I would want to. Please enlighten me if I'm missing something. I use the clearomizer carto and will be ordering some of the new V3 replaceable ones in 2.4 and 2.8. How accurate is that rating? Anyone know? I was thinking of ordering 3.2 or 4.0 for my lavatube. Any feedback on that?

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I don't know how accurate those are. I do know that the replaceable heads on the Vivi Nova tanks are not accurate at all. I tested a 2.8ohm head that read 2.3ohms, and I tested a 2.4ohm head that read 3.0ohms. I love the Vivi Nova tanks but I think the quality control on the heads is poor.

I can only guess, but I'd be surprised if the heads on the clearos are more accurate.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
I love the Vivi Nova tanks but I think the quality control on the heads is poor.

Really? I thought the Vivi Nova's were supposed to better than Vision - and all their revisions - Clearomisers eg CE4 etc. I don't know too much about all this vaping but the reviews of the Vivi's is all good. Have you had a bad time with them? and what's happened? Asking because I intend to invest in few and money is a little tight, don't want a raw deal...

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Love this battery. I've now got the lavatube and the 1000mah twist and I have to say that I prefer the twist. I'm very new to vaping and have never used a fixed voltage unit but I don't see why I would want to. Please enlighten me if I'm missing something. I use the clearomizer carto and will be ordering some of the new V3 replaceable ones in 2.4 and 2.8. How accurate is that rating? Anyone know? I was thinking of ordering 3.2 or 4.0 for my lavatube. Any feedback on that?
What do you like better about the Twist than your lava tube?

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I don't know how accurate those are. I do know that the replaceable heads on the Vivi Nova tanks are not accurate at all. I tested a 2.8ohm head that read 2.3ohms, and I tested a 2.4ohm head that read 3.0ohms. I love the Vivi Nova tanks but I think the quality control on the heads is poor.

I can only guess, but I'd be surprised if the heads on the clearos are more accurate.

They are not accurate at first, but after you use them for about a tank, they settle in to where they are supposed to be. I think it has something to do with the heat being applied to the wire. Some people have been playing with them by applying heat before using them and they came right to the correct ohms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Really? I thought the Vivi Nova's were supposed to better than Vision - and all their revisions - Clearomisers eg CE4 etc. I don't know too much about all this vaping but the reviews of the Vivi's is all good. Have you had a bad time with them? and what's happened? Asking because I intend to invest in few and money is a little tight, don't want a raw deal...

Don't misunderstand me - I really like the Vivi Novas, especially with my VTube (variable voltage), which allows me to dial in the voltage just right for the head/juice combination I'm using. And the Vivi Novas hold a lot of juice, don't mute the flavor too much, don't leak, seem to last a long time and are rebuildable. What's not to like? I just think the quality control on the resistance of the heads leaves something to be desired.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
They are not accurate at first, but after you use them for about a tank, they settle in to where they are supposed to be. I think it has something to do with the heat being applied to the wire. Some people have been playing with them by applying heat before using them and they came right to the correct ohms

The ones I tested were well-used. They had each had several tanks of juice run through them. Could have been a fluke. who knows. I still like the VN's a lot. They are my juice delivery system of choice until something better comes along.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

It's funny that you would bring together the subject of VV and the accuracy of ratings. If we could order the exact ohm rating that we needed, we would be able to have (assuming we had regulated voltage device) the perfect vape every time with a fixed voltage device. If we wanted higher or lower watts, we would just switch to a different rating.

VV allows us to adjust the voltage to match whatever ohms we received, regardless of the rating that it has. The iTaste gives the voltage range for the best vape. I Love that, rather than telling me the ohms and making me do the math, it gives me information ready to use.

Things have improved a lot in a short time, recently, and I expect to see more improvements. Basically they have given us the tools to rectify their shortcomings of not being able to ensure the accuracy of mass production.

jonbkk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Bangkok
I know I can dial in to get the vape I want. I've been trying to figure out what is my ideal wattage and if the ohms is not accurate I won't know for sure what is my preferred wattage. That's about all. I have the clearomizer V2 and it's rated at 2.5-2.9 and I wonder where it really falls. I see the new V3 has specific ohm ratings such as 1.8, 2.4, 2.8, 3.2, 4.0.

It's funny that you would bring together the subject of VV and the accuracy of ratings. If we could order the exact ohm rating that we needed, we would be able to have (assuming we had regulated voltage device) the perfect vape every time with a fixed voltage device. If we wanted higher or lower watts, we would just switch to a different rating.

VV allows us to adjust the voltage to match whatever ohms we received, regardless of the rating that it has. The iTaste gives the voltage range for the best vape. I Love that, rather than telling me the ohms and making me do the math, it gives me information ready to use.

Things have improved a lot in a short time, recently, and I expect to see more improvements. Basically they have given us the tools to rectify their shortcomings of not being able to ensure the accuracy of mass production.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I know I can dial in to get the vape I want. I've been trying to figure out what is my ideal wattage and if the ohms is not accurate I won't know for sure what is my preferred wattage. That's about all. I have the clearomizer V2 and it's rated at 2.5-2.9 and I wonder where it really falls. I see the new V3 has specific ohm ratings such as 1.8, 2.4, 2.8, 3.2, 4.0.

The ideal wattage is different with each juice and will change slightly with the PG ratio and type of device it is vaped in. Usually lower wattage is best for fruit type juices.

jonbkk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Bangkok
The ideal wattage is different with each juice and will change slightly with the PG ratio and type of device it is vaped in. Usually lower wattage is best for fruit type juices.

I am learning :) I have several juices and I have noticed this. It's interesting to me to determine the wattage so I can make a mental note of what works for me so when I change attys or carts I have an idea where I want to be and can compare the different delivery systems.

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina

Worst tank I've ever owned... popped and crackled a lot... throat was extremely harsh and hit way too hard (on lowest voltage w/ highest resistance head). There were also a lot of times I felt myself inhale small drops of juice.

Oh, and there's a rubber piece that is supposed to fit securely against the top of the tank... the only problem it's extremely squishy and pushes to one side, blocking half the airflow and leaves a nice hole for liquid to drip out on the table or in your pocket. Seems like a major design flaw.

To top it all off, a few days ago it dropped about 3 ft onto hardwood floor. The tube cracked and spilled liquid everywhere. Already bought a metal replacement tank but I'm sure it'll never get used.

If my new standard DCT ever breaks I'll probably avoid this one at all cost and go buy some blu cartos at Walgreen's to hold me over. That's how much I loathe this thing.

But hey... there are a lot of people out there who like these things. :blink:

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Worst tank I've ever owned... popped and crackled a lot... throat was extremely harsh and hit way too hard (on lowest voltage w/ highest resistance head). There were also a lot of times I felt myself inhale small drops of juice. I thought this is just clearo's in general, I have CE4's and they do this irrespective of which battery and or voltage I use?

Oh, and there's a rubber piece that is supposed to fit securely against the top of the tank... the only problem it's extremely squishy and pushes to one side, blocking half the airflow and leaves a nice hole for liquid to drip out on the table or in your pocket. Seems like a major design flaw. Is this problem called cross threading? Perhaps you're over tightening, hence causing the rubber to squish out?

To top it all off, a few days ago it dropped about 3 ft onto hardwood floor. The tube cracked and spilled liquid everywhere. Already bought a metal replacement tank but I'm sure it'll never get used. Okay, now do you really believe that dropping any of these clearo's from a table on to a hard surface probably with battery attached is not going to cause a little problem?:glare:

If my new standard DCT ever breaks I'll probably avoid this one at all cost and go buy some blu cartos at Walgreen's to hold me over. :ohmy:Is that not a tad extreme? That's how much I loathe this thing. :(

But hey... there are a lot of people out there who like these things. :blink:

I'm really sorry you have had such a bad experience with Vivi's, everybody's experience counts, and often these small experiences collectively give a product it's overall rating, such a pity yours is poor one, still, loads more Clearo's out there to try, seems they are changing on a month by month basis at the moment, who knows what we'll be offered next month???:)

FlossBandit

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
North Carolina
I thought this is just clearo's in general, I have CE4's and they do this irrespective of which battery and or voltage I use?
It's like there's no vapor coming through at first, the I hear a pop, followed by an enormous throat hit with the drops in my mouth. Definitely not normal. I could have forgiven everything else, but the throat hit reminds me of when I was 16 smoking Mexican dirt weed out of a plastic bottle. Awful.

Is this problem called cross threading? Perhaps you're over tightening, hence causing the rubber to squish out?
Catch 22. Don't tighten it enough and it leaks. Tighten it harder and it leaks. With mine there is no safe zone regardless of how little it is turned.

Okay, now do you really believe that dropping any of these clearo's from a table on to a hard surface probably with battery attached is not going to cause a little problem?:glare:

Yeah... my that was on me. But honestly the device didn't work any worse before or after the drop when I replaced the tank. Just thew that out there to show how fragile the original plastic tank was. Other tanks have taken harder falls.

:ohmy:Is that not a tad extreme?
How bad this tank is (maybe just mine in particular) is extreme. That wasn't just my disappointment and frustration talking at the time... I'll honestly more than likely never touch it again. In fact I'm using blu cartos now for the moment... refilled of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread