Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Once a name is chosen here, then the hard--perhaps impossible--part begins: getting the community and industry at large to actually adopt it.
Yep, no guarantee. Our efforts with "Kr8" were only partially successful. ECF officially adopted it, some members use it, but no suppliers do. [FYI: My least favorite KR808D-1 abbreviation is "808": there also is a DSE808 (Janty Stick clone) and Kanger uses those digits in a half dozen of its model numbers.]

The main thing is to use it, e.g., as I have been doing (at least until now) with "Fat Batt." And lobby the "media" to do so, e.g., the big name video reviewers.

Of course it may not be an issue at all: "leave it as eGO-type or eGO-like" is the early front-runner in the poll.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
The maker of the Riva would likely object to their product being labeled an eGo type.

When you ask for a facial tissue, do you ask for facial tissue or do you just say Kleenex sometimes, reguardless of wether it is actually Kleenex brand or not? This is actually fairly common to chose a name for a type of product as a generalization when reffering to an extremely similar product. Just like (I Think) has been mentioned, in certain areas of the south "A Coke" justy refferes to any type of soda, not just cola and not specifically CocaCola. Windex=Glass cleaner, etc.

In otherwords eGo style(type) I think is the best way to describe it. And again, mine has no cone deformity what so ever. lol
IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Oh Wait...it's a "Cone Type" 510 lol
IMAG0028.jpg

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
When you ask for a facial tissue, do you ask for facial tissue or do you just say Kleenex sometimes, reguardless of wether it is actually Kleenex brand or not? This is actually fairly common to chose a name for a type of product as a generalization when reffering to an extremely similar product. Just like (I Think) has been mentioned, in certain areas of the south "A Coke" justy refferes to any type of soda, not just cola and not specifically CocaCola. Windex=Glass cleaner, etc.

Point taken. I always order Coke with my cheeseburgers when I mean cola, then have to assent (impatiently) to Pepsi being ok.

However, the use of a brand name for a generic name is a misnomer. The Coke/cola, Kleenex/tissue miscues are generations old & too late to fix, but we're here at the dawning of a new cone-type era. Why pass a practice of misidentification on just because it's been done before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread