eGo vs evod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
lutz, fl
I too have this question. But will add to it. When someone is referring to an evod or an ego-c e cig are they referring to the battery, the clearomizer or the two parts put together? I always thought that if you were referring to an ego-c it was the battery same for evod, just different manufacturers. . . .So is it that all ecig batteries are pretty much the same only differentiating in battery life, charging time, size, etc. and ppl usually are commenting on how good the clearomizer, atomizer, cartomizer. Which brings me to a different question.

are clearomizers, atomizers and cartomizers the same thing? thank you

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Historically here at ECF, EVOD has referred to the highly popular Kanger clearomizer of that name. However, since Kanger introduced the eGo-like EVOD battery that name is certainly used for those, and many who are buying the EVOD starter kit are referring to the EVOD clearomizer plus EVOD battery combo as an "EVOD." Kanger is a company with a good reputation, like that of Joyetech, and I'd consider either to be a good starting choice.

The EVOD clearomizer on an EVOD battery has a particularly well integrated look, very much like a fountain pen in black (for stealth).

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
ok thank you for the battery answer but didn't want my 2nd part of the question to get lost:

are clearomizers, atomizers and cartomizers the same thing? thank you

Same sort of thing. In that they are juice delivery systems

Clearomizers are typically delivery systems with a coil and clear tank that allows you to see the juice. It gets confusing when they start calling things like the ProTank a glassomizer.

Atomizers atomize the juice, (makes vapor),and covers things from older style dripping atty to the newer Rebuildable Dripping atties like the Igo W, or even the RBA's like the AGA , and the heating element part of things like the Ego C tank setup.

Cartomizers are basically the atomizer coupled with filler, like the ones we use in carto tanks.

Here is a link to a blog by Baditude with pictures and better explanations.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

Edit, Burnie beat me to it.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I had good luck with Twists and Spinners back in the day. I evolved to the iTaste 3.0's and later to more advanced APV's. However, the stick battery is a great battery to start with and make great backups for the future, so they are an excellent device. Here's my take on these excellent batteries:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Whatever you start out with, start with at least two batteries--one to vape on while the other is charging. If you're attentive, you'll never wind up without a battery to vape on. My mind is a victim of old-timer's disease, so I maintain three batteries and two chargers (or a charger that can do two batteries simultaneously)--one to vape on while the one that I just finished plus the one I forgot to charge are on the charger(s).

If you don't want the temptation to go back to ciggies, have a backup charger in addition to your primary.

edit to add: If you live in an area subject to power outage, make sure your charger(s) can operate off the 12VDC in your vehicle, boat, or RV. This includes having one or more USB ports in them if that's what charges your battery.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm real new to this (see my other thread) but I have seen some real good deals on EVOD setups. What's the real difference between
EVOD and an eGo setup? (eGo-c with a vivi mini). Thanks in advance for your help.

An Evod battery fires @ 3.7 volts while an eGo-C fires at 3.3 volts. My advice would be to stay away from the eGo-C as it comes with a juice delivery system (holds and vaporizes the juice) that is outdated and eventually leaks. Google "eGo-C leaking" and you'll get many hits.
As for the Vivi Nova Mini make absolutely sure you only buy the Vision brand.
Realize the Evod is a bottom coil clearo (cooler vape) and the Vivi Nova is a top coil clearo (warmer vape).
Best of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread