Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I bought a stock eGo myself, but I have a 1000mAh battery on the way which should make things much better. I can go almost a full day on the regular battery, so the 1000mAh should get me well beyond that. I charge nightly anyway, I just want to make it through a whole day without worrying that I'll need to recharge. (The wife and I split on an eGo kit so we each only have one battery. Another one should be arriving tomorrow, while my 1000mAh should be here next week.)

I'm extremely happy with the eGo. Mind you it's my first PV so I really don't have anything against which to compare it, but I have trouble imagining how it could be better for my needs -- other than the cart mod I did.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I purchased an XL eGo 900mA a few days. Waiting for the order.

What attracted me to the eGo was the mega atomizers and mega cartridges that hold over 2 ml of juice! Not the cone atomizers but the cylinder atomizers.

The 900mA isn't a huge difference compared to the 1300mA H-16, and the large juice reservoirs are a definite plus.

From what I've read the mega atomizers screw onto the cone threading on the eGo, not the regular 510 atomizer threading, so the mega atomizers will not work on a H-16.

What atomizers work with the H-16, and do any of them have a capacity close to the 2.5 ml mega eGo cartridges?

The extra battery life sounds great, but even more annoying than carrying a spare battery is having to constantly refill cartridges.

I'm also wondering what problems people are experiencing with the "conimizer" H-16 cone atomizers. I like the aesthetic appeal of the H-16 with the conimizer, so it was discouraging to hear about issues with them

Excited to get my Xl eGo sets! I got a titanium and black set on the way with mega attys mega carts and mega cartos.

The only "issue" I've seen any of us Hello owners write about is that it doesn't have a LR conimizer. Owning all three types, (Hello, eGo, Riva) I can say that the only thing you can use on an eGo or Riva, you can't use on the Hello is their screw on cone.

We were complaining about the conimizer price but it has come down to the price of the "regular" attys on the sites that sell both. You do know the eGo has out a 1000 mAh battery and rumors a 1300 mAh is on the way, right?

OH, the Mega attys and carts work perfectly fine with the Hello. The threading difference is regarding the Hello conimizer only working on the Hello, not the only way around.

I'm a dripper so the cart retention amount doesn't mean a thing to me. But if it did, I could use the mega XL ego attys and cart or the mega XL cartos without any problem with my Hello.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
I bought a stock eGo myself, but I have a 1000mAh battery on the way which should make things much better. I can go almost a full day on the regular battery, so the 1000mAh should get me well beyond that. I charge nightly anyway, I just want to make it through a whole day without worrying that I'll need to recharge. (The wife and I split on an eGo kit so we each only have one battery. Another one should be arriving tomorrow, while my 1000mAh should be here next week.)

I'm extremely happy with the eGo. Mind you it's my first PV so I really don't have anything against which to compare it, but I have trouble imagining how it could be better for my needs -- other than the cart mod I did.

Good to hear you are enjoying the eGo!

What cart mod do you use on the eGo? The Highping mod?

And is this with regular 510 cartridges or the eGo mega cartridges?

I'm wondering if any cart mods are suggested for the eGo mega carts, or do they vape fairly dry with the stock filler?

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
The only "issue" I've seen any of us Hello owners write about is that it doesn't have a LR conimizer. Owning all three types, (Hello, eGo, Riva) I can say that the only thing you can use on an eGo or Riva, you can't use on the Hello is their screw on cone.

We were complaining about the conimizer price but it has come down to the price of the "regular" attys on the sites that sell both. You do know the eGo has out a 1000 mAh battery and rumors a 1300 mAh is on the way, right?

OH, the Mega attys and carts work perfectly fine with the Hello. The threading difference is regarding the Hello conimizer only working on the Hello, not the only way around.

I'm a dripper so the cart retention amount doesn't mean a thing to me. But if it did, I could use the mega XL ego attys and cart or the mega XL cartos without any problem with my Hello.

Interesting. I thought I read that the mega carts wont work on the H-16.

I haven't received my eGo yet, but I thought that there are 2 threads on the battery. One thread for a regular 510 atomizer, and one thread for the cone and the mega eGo atomizer.

Because the eGo cone doesn't fit on the H-16, I thought that the mega eGo atomizer wouldn't fit on the H-16. If the mega atomizers do fit on the H-16, then why don't the cones?

I might have to get a couple H-16 batteries if they do in fact work with the mega eGo atomizer/carts/cartos.

Can you (or anyone else) post pictures of the H-16 with mega eGo atomizers and cartridges connected?

I'm talking about the mega eGo cylinder atomizer, not the mega eGo cone atomizer.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I heard nothing but problems with hello...that the vape kind of sux......because their atomizer isn't the best design.....go check out youtube grimmgreen on hello 016 ......anytime you want to buy something go to youtube 1st......and see how bad that thing vapes!!

peace:blush:

I have both types ego batteries - mega 1000 mah and 650 mah. I like them they are fine but...
I also have 2 helo 016.
IMO the helo blows away both of the ego's esp with an LR atty. I have also cut down mega ego cartomizers to fit and they actually put out too much vaper for me.
the helo cones work fine also they just dry up too quick because these things pack a pretty good hit.

as for you tube - there are as many good reviews as bad.

just my :2c:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Good to hear you are enjoying the eGo!

What cart mod do you use on the eGo? The Highping mod?

And is this with regular 510 cartridges or the eGo mega cartridges?

I'm wondering if any cart mods are suggested for the eGo mega carts, or do they vape fairly dry with the stock filler?

Right now I'm actually using thin green scouring pads as the filler. It seems to be working well, but there's a slight leakage issue, so I think I'm going to have to cut wider pieces so it compresses more. Apart from that though it does appear to work well. I've never heard of the highping mod, I'll have to search for that.

I am using regular 510 carts right now. I'm not sure if I'll like the Megas as they're a little on the large side, and I've never really been a fan of the whistle tips, but I'd be willing to try it out one of these days if I can find a good mod for them so I don't have to use the standard polyfill.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Interesting. I thought I read that the mega carts wont work on the H-16.

I haven't received my eGo yet, but I thought that there are 2 threads on the battery. One thread for a regular 510 atomizer, and one thread for the cone and the mega eGo atomizer.

Because the eGo cone doesn't fit on the H-16, I thought that the mega eGo atomizer wouldn't fit on the H-16. If the mega atomizers do fit on the H-16, then why don't the cones?

I might have to get a couple H-16 batteries if they do in fact work with the mega eGo atomizer/carts/cartos.

Can you (or anyone else) post pictures of the H-16 with mega eGo atomizers and cartridges connected?

I'm talking about the mega eGo cylinder atomizer, not the mega eGo cone atomizer.

mega atomizers won't work - they are metal and screw on to the cone threads as well as battery connection threads.

mega ego cartomizers are plastic and thread to battery connection - but must be trimmed a little to go on far enough to work - you must be careful not to trim too much off the cone or you can screw on too far and push battery connection into battery.
pic is mega cartomizer on helo 16

Attachments

• P8020007.jpg
    P8020007.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Thanks for the pic! The H-16 doesn't look half bad with the cartomizer. I'm getting some mega attys/carts and mega cartomizers soon. I've never tried cartos before, but if I like them I'll have to get a couple H-16's

What drew me towards the eGo was the large capacity carts. Apparently the mega carts hold more than the mega cartos, so it's too bad the mega carts don't work on the H-16.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
^ Thanks for the pic! The H-16 doesn't look half bad with the cartomizer. I'm getting some mega attys/carts and mega cartomizers soon. I've never tried cartos before, but if I like them I'll have to get a couple H-16's

What drew me towards the eGo was the large capacity carts. Apparently the mega carts hold more than the mega cartos, so it's too bad the mega carts don't work on the H-16.
I just some new mega atomizers today that don't have a thread for the cone. when I get time I will see if I can cut 1 on the bandsaw to fit the helo. I'll let you know.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
loxmyth, please tell me your NOT vaping white out :ohmy:
it's in the pic Attached Thumbnails

(it didn't print the pic from a few posts back) :unsure:

off-subject..are you a locksmith ?
I am and was just noticing your handle :p

the foggy1 craig vaping AC from TV

I didn't even notice the white out there - it's my brothers desk - you can tell because mine is covered in 2 feet of crap and I never make mistakes so I don't have white out on mine - or if I do it's buried.:laugh::laugh:

yes I am a locksmith. I got the idea while lighting a match one day - It was either that or draw blinky the pirate and I just suck at art.:p

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I heard nothing but problems with hello...that the vape kind of sux......because their atomizer isn't the best design.....go check out youtube grimmgreen on hello 016 ......anytime you want to buy something go to youtube 1st......and see how bad that thing vapes!!

peace:blush:
2 posts+negative, = TROLL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread