Confusion between eGo and Joye

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenskeeper805

Aug 6, 2013
Camarillo, CA
I have always associated the eGo name with Joye. I read countless numbers of topics in this section and only a few relate to Joye products. In fact when I go to various B & M's, they have eGo written all over the walls but everything looks like knock off Joye batts and hundreds of different branded clearomizers. If you go to the Joye website, they have only recently started carrying a clearomizer, not plastic but metal and they use the type A atty, called the CC. I've also never had any of the issues with the Joye products that most people have with all of the eGo branded stuff. I even saw a batt that was called an eGo C. From what I understand, the batts had the eGo T originally to go with the Joye tank system, then they came out with a changeable atty that they called the eGo C and updated the name on the battery. Is someone just blatantly ripping off the Joye brand? Seems to me that the knockoff products are the ones that have most if the issues.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I believe Joyetech came up with and named the Ego style battery. It has somehow morphed into a generic name for all batteries of that style. Kind like the stardust was a design and name for a Clearomizer, I believe Vision introduced, it is now a generic name for all products of that type.

China really doesn't honor copyrights or patents, and they aren't afraid to copy even other Chinese products, just something to be aware of.

Some of the copies are pretty good, many are just an attempt to cash in on something that has become popular. It really is buyer beware with ecig products. Vision Spinner is considered by some to be better than the Joyetech Twist, however the unbranded twist on fasttech is probably hit or miss, it does have some good reviews though.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I don't think the Riva and Kgo and such aren't too bad. It's the really cheap ones that seem to be the most problematic.

Joye has protection circuits, but the cheap ones are a BOOM waiting to happen. Then they're s the cheap chargers.........

The two you listed are highly regarded. And the unbranded ones that you have no idea who makes are the ones to avoid.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There are knockoffs named 'eGo-c' and 'eGo-t'. Joye only makes 650, 900 and 1000mAh. So anything other than that is definitely a knockoff - 1100mAh, 1300mAh are the most common, but just because you see 650, 900, 1000 doesn't mean it's a Joye. USUALLY if the vendor says it's a Joye, it's a Joye. But some vendors will say stuff like 'fits all Joyes' 'compatible with Joye' has a Joye eGo connection, etc. The Joye logo on the end of batts is this:

joyetech-logo-ego-t-1000-usb-passthrough.jpg

However Joye allows their vendors to put their own logo on the end - cignot, totally wicked, Janty at one point, ovale, happy vapors (canada) and several others..... but all those vendors say Joye or true Joye products on their website.

And Joyetech has a list of their authorized vendors on their site:

Joyetech worldwide business partner
Joyetech brand offline electronic cigarette shops

And a list of copycat/knockoffs:

http://www.joyetech.com/about/copycat.php

r77... is right. Joye eGo-c, eGo-c upgrade batts and the eGo-c Twist have the best short and charge protection for this type of batt and solid chargers as well. Joye offers a 6 month warranty but you have to ship to Joye. Go through your vendor for info on that. And usually vendor warranties are longer for joye products (except LR atty's).

Most all of my Joye eGos have died of old age. The ones that didn't were user error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread