The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Egypt

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by e-pipeman, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Does anyone know what the current situation re: vaping in Egypt is for tourists? Is it illegal? In practice can you do it?

Thanks. :)

2. Ref Minor

Ref Minor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    UK
  3. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
  4. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    There are bad things going on in Egypt, and one could be killed quite easily, or kidnapped, tortured, and generally treated quite poorly. Vaping there would be the very least of my questions about being there, and it's one of the last places I'd like to find myself.

5. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    One can be killed, kidnapped, tortured, or treated poorly quite easily anywhere, including the US. That attitude is why the war on 'terrorism' won't ever show a victor. Ok, done with politics, for now.

6. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
  7. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    All of Egypt is under an advisory for essential travel only. Not a good idea at this point in time. ;)

8. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    I was there early on in 2012, and there were plenty of warnings then. However the Egyptian people were extremely friendly despite their internal problems.

9. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Looking at December. A week is a long time in politics...

10. drsocal

drsocal Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2011
    Corona, CA USA
    I can't imagine tourist traffic through out Egypt has been high this year...

11. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The Egyptian tourism board put out this video recently to try to get more travel to the country.

12. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    From the FCO web site:

"In the governorate of South Sinai the FCO advise against all but essential travel, with the exception of (i) the Red Sea Resorts including those in the entire region of Sharm el Sheikh, Taba, Nuweiba and Dahab"

Dahab is ok! Phew!

Still like to know the full skinny on the use of e-cigs there, though (despite reading ref minor's useful link).

More info please, folks!

13. Dusif

Dusif Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    Denmark
    I was in egypt last year using my ego setup... They dont have a clue what it is... They will offer you another nontobacco related smoking option if you use it tho... I heard the H word so many times that i became scared of the police... and i DIDNT buy anything just to be clear...

But the shisha guy at the hotel took a hit from it... Coughed his lungs up... Then tried again with a similar result... He liked the redbull taste tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

14. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Same here last year. "Like shisha!" was the normal comment. Things may have changed by now, though.

15. XeniaMike

XeniaMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    Xenia, Ohio
    Was Damascus booked up? :blink:

16. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Oh, you're a cheeky, naughty, cynical old thing, you are...:)

17. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    be careful!!!!! Egypt used to be such a beautiful place to visit (I'm sure it's still beautiful!)

18. jp_cfc09

jp_cfc09 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    lost
    heard many going cause its cheap as chips lol :):)

19. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    I heard that you have your own troubles over there lol :)

20. jp_cfc09

jp_cfc09 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    lost
    lol always have mate but its weird how normal it seems really and I could post about 20 things that happens weekly most would scare but its not as bad really as no one here wants it to go beyond scare tactics as such. the latest dispute is about flags and drug dealer's with some distant fake bomb plants but its past the times of real anger and hurt. my aunt and her parnter went to Egypt and came back yesterday and totally love it and as I said many are going as its cheap as chips. as long as your off the main danger zone you should be fine but like anything there can hiccups as such.

wouldnt worry about kidnapping really as they dont want other country's to have a green light to enter, as I said my aunt was there and was 40 mile from the main danger zone and she loved it. said the people where great and it wasnt costly either to splash out on herself, she is thinking or revisiting some time in the future too. if you go just cheek the location but no travel agent would send you near anything risky. :):):):)

ps: why not come here lol :);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.