Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I bought this about a month ago and haven't had a problem until the last couple of days.

I noticed a decrease in vapor production so I decided to change coils and rewick. I use standard 8 wrap 3/32 coils firing around 1.2 ohms. Cotton for wicking. Well I changed and was vape happy for about ten minutes then the draw started getting hard and the taste was burnt. So I figured I over wicked, removed the cotton, which came out in two pieces like it had burnt in the middle and replaced with new cotton. Same thing worked great for a bit and then back to hard draws and burnt taste. Decided to replace everything, did a little research on here and moved my new coil up a little higher and used even less cotton. Same crap. Driving me nuts. Another thing I noticed is, when I fire the coil and take a hit, the coil continues to crackle for a few seconds after I let off the button. I see bubbles when I hit it and everything looks good. Any ideas? Thanks!

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Sounds like a hot spot or short in the coil to me. Assuming that you have wicked correctly, that's the only thing I can think of. I suggest pulling the wick out and pulsing/pinching the coil until it glows evenly from inside to out, or just build a new coil.

Also make sure your positive block isn't loose and touching the negative block, and check the insulator below the positive block. These are common causes of Kayfun shorting.

Mada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
I bought this about a month ago and haven't had a problem until the last couple of days.

I noticed a decrease in vapor production so I decided to change coils and rewick. I use standard 8 wrap 3/32 coils firing around 1.2 ohms. Cotton for wicking. Well I changed and was vape happy for about ten minutes then the draw started getting hard and the taste was burnt. So I figured I over wicked, removed the cotton, which came out in two pieces like it had burnt in the middle and replaced with new cotton. Same thing worked great for a bit and then back to hard draws and burnt taste. Decided to replace everything, did a little research on here and moved my new coil up a little higher and used even less cotton. Same crap. Driving me nuts. Another thing I noticed is, when I fire the coil and take a hit, the coil continues to crackle for a few seconds after I let off the button. I see bubbles when I hit it and everything looks good. Any ideas? Thanks!

i think that it is not sealed properly. Check your o rings, all of them , make sure they are all ok (and in place), then check your clear tank carefully for any crack or damaged threads. If you could not allocate the problem : clean every part, do a coil and wick that used to work with you but don't prime the wicks with any juice, just fill it in, take 3-4 prime puffs. Leave it for a minute ... If it vapes , you are good to, if it didn't , then you still have issue in sealing the tank or the coil, wick is not working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread