eJuicer Recipes - iPhone eJuice Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
I have an older thread running with a different title but wanted to start up an official thread to post updates, collect thoughts and opinions.

"ejuice Recipes" was recently released to the iTunes store. It's a clean iOS 7 style recipe book and calculator. Version 1.0 is very basic and does not allow for PG/VG distinction. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on version 1.1 with the sole intent to include PG/VG calculations.

Link to our app: eJuicer | GenerationFoul

The app store submission process seems to be tricky with these types of apps. I had to steer away from the concept of this app being a calculator and focus it more as a recipe book before i could get it to pass apples app guidelines. Version 1.0 took about 2 months and a number of teaks to get approved. I'm hoping version 1.1 will go much quicker but anticipate having to make some comprimises.

Below are a couple screenshots that show off the new PV/VG updates in the upcoming version 1.1. I look forward to your feedback and will provide updates during the submission process.

iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.08 PM.jpg iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.14 PM.jpg

Thanks for all your support,

Kirk

Attachments

• iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.08 PM.jpg
    iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.08 PM.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 243
  • iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.14 PM.jpg
    iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 15, 2014, 12.49.14 PM.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 195

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
Looking forward to the 1.1 release! I've been trying to find a good ejuice calculator for my iPhone and I think I just found it! Have you considered a paid version to get rid of the ads?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes have considered a paid version. Waiting to build up enough potential customers before I add it in as in in app purchase. I suspect somewhere around v1.2 or v1.3 we will see that. Quite honestly the ads don't pay that we'll and I'm not willing to place ads near UI controls where people accidentally click on them.

I'm really interested in a public recipe sharing function. I haven't seen that we'll done yet.

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
Would love to see a Windows Phone 8.1 version
Could be universal to coincide with Surface and Windows 8.

Hope you will consider it. Thanks.

All depends on how well this one does. I'm a .net developer so it wouldn't be too tough but do not posses a windows phone and with limited bandwidth, Id rather see the ios version mature first.

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
All,

I've just about completed my PG/VG addition to eJuicer Recipes iPhone app. I wanted to get some thoughts on how intuitive the attached recipe screen is.

Also, I seem to be a bit challenged on what to do when the recipe is not possible to calculate. Currently i display an error that tells the user to check there values. Does that seem adequate?

iOS Simulator Screen shot Aug 28, 2014, 5.52.19 PM.jpg

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
Ive downloaded it but im not sure what it actually does. I put in I want my 50ml juice to have a final nic of 6mg using my 36mg base. I dont see where is says how many ml of my 36mg base I need to add to make my juice the desired end strength.

Save the recipe and the go back to the main list and tap the recipe name (not the info circle).

In my new version not currently released to the apple store, i have changed the way the navigation works. you can now access the calculated results from the edit recipe screen.

Remember, these are cell phones and many of us don't quite have the eyesight to read a 2pt font. I tried to keep the app clean and readable by showing the calculated results on a separate screen. Most other apps try to cram it all one one screen which works ... I'm just not a fan of that. I guess its easier from a coding perspective.

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
All,

I've just about completed my PG/VG addition to eJuicer Recipes iPhone app. I wanted to get some thoughts on how intuitive the attached recipe screen is.

Also, I seem to be a bit challenged on what to do when the recipe is not possible to calculate. Currently i display an error that tells the user to check there values. Does that seem adequate?

View attachment 369017

Any feedback on the way the PG/VG is stored for my soon to be released version. Again, I personally wanted something simple and clean for myself. That said, many people complained about the lack of PG/VG. I'm currently adding that to the app and want to make sure it meets the needs of most :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread