Eleaf Invoke 220

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Invoke inspired the same feeling of long term dependability so I bought three of them, together with the Ello-T tank.
Now it is paired with disposable tank and for phone power backup.
15607804093995419312347463144062.jpg

The power bank feature is truly excellent with the Invoke and I don't understand why eLeaf didn't include the adaptor (pictured) with the mod, since it is truly cheap to buy.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I have a little lab with some test equipment, this is why I like to test the devices.

As you said as MTL Vaper don't need to go that high, but I tested the Invokes only because they didn't behave right as soon put batteries in them - note, the VTC5A.

Many quality mods don't mind if operated close to their max; while, they "sweat" and they can fail - out of thermal fatigue - if you use a coil lower than 0.25 Ohm, including the DNA75C.

Of all mods that I have (many) only the Dicodes do not mind of a very low Ohm coil, as long as the battery can deliver.

Bit late to the thread, first time seeing it. But given you have the ability to measure, do you have the ability to post your results? I would be very interested in seeing them. What do you mean by Thermal Fatigue?

Reactions: stols001

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The electronic power components have a max number of thermal cycles (from ambient temperature to max chip temperature,- say 150C, and back) specified in their data sheet. A commercial power transistor can do 5000 cycles, the military equivalent (using euthectic gold bonding) will do 1,000,000.
Thermal fatigue, for an electronic component or system, is the result of many thermal cycles that ultimately kills the device.

I usually test all my batteries, some mods for compliance and efficiency, but for my professional curiosity and not for a living.

If you are interested in the whereabouts of a specific device, and I have it in my collection, I'll be happy to share the result.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The electronic power components have a max number of thermal cycles (from ambient temperature to max chip temperature,- say 150C, and back) specified in their data sheet. A commercial power transistor can do 5000 cycles, the military equivalent (using euthectic gold bonding) will do 1,000,000.
Thermal fatigue, for an electronic component or system, is the result of many thermal cycles that ultimately kills the device.

I usually test all my batteries, some mods for compliance and efficiency, but for my professional curiosity and not for a living.

If you are interested in the whereabouts of a specific device, and I have it in my collection, I'll be happy to share the result.

Yes, I should have elaborated, thermal fatigue in the context of resistance under 0.25 ohms. And would be interested in seeing your findings comparing a Dicodes vs DNA75C

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yesterday the biggest blackout in Argentine history happened. Although it lasted 6 hours, some estimated 50 million people in Argentina, Uruguay and south of Brazil were out of power 7.06 AM on Father's Day 2019.
After waking up and checking the news I wasn't very sure of what had happened. Without power, I didn't know how long it was going to be without being able to charge batteries.
I rewicked three tanks while it was still daylight, put 3 mods and 8 sets of batteries while checking other things.
I'm still going with the same set of LG 3000 mAh batteries on the Invoke and the Intake at 0.41 ohms. It's been over 30 hours.
:rickroll::offtopic::rickroll:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yesterday the biggest blackout in Argentine history happened. Although it lasted 6 hours, some estimated 50 million people in Argentina, Uruguay and south of Brazil were out of power 7.06 AM on Father's Day 2019.
After waking up and checking the news I wasn't very sure of what had happened. Without power, I didn't know how long it was going to be without being able to charge batteries.
I rewicked three tanks while it was still daylight, put 3 mods and 8 sets of batteries while checking other things.
I'm still going with the same set of LG 3000 mAh batteries on the Invoke and the Intake at 0.41 ohms. It's been over 30 hours.
:rickroll::offtopic::rickroll:

Over time I've been keeping about 15 18650's in rotation, along with a couple of 26650's and a pair of 21700's. That pays off considering that they all share the load. I have 18650's that are three years old with internal resistance readings in the 20 milliohm range.

I've been caught in an ice storm power outage before with only a few cells to use and had to use the USB port in my vehicle to charge batteries. No more!

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
I completely agree, it is an awesome little mod. Surprised it’s not more popular. In fact, it kinda spoiled me. When I started looking for something new, just as compact, I couldn’t find any. There has been the recent Smok R-Kiss that is equally as small, but it’s an only VW device & fugly! I am aware of the output issues, as a Reviewer pointed those data points in a review, but I really don’t notice it. Maybe cause I’m a medium to low wattage vaper.

The one problem that I have had, that has now been a deal breaker, or at least I’m not going to buy a 4th one, is the failure of their battery door. It never stays closed completely. The door will, with-in 1-2months of it’s life, slightly unseat itself. It’s kind of hard to explain. Owners will know that the door slides back, horizontally into the clip that holds it closed. There’s quit a bit of travel before the door will completely open so when it’s unseated the door’s clip protrudes out away from exterior of the mod. Oh wait, here’s a picture.
FD32EAEE-6D3A-428F-80A4-922A4FA8E5C6.jpeg
It doesn’t stop there though then for the next year or so this seating issue progressively gets worse until it easily opens completely when set down on a hard surface. This pattern has repeated it’s self in the last 3 mods I’ve bought. Total bummer really cause it seems like such a stupid fail point. I’ve even thought about dremeling the notch a little. So, for such an inexpensive mod, it’s not a terrible defect, but the mod it’s self seems like it could go for another 2-3 more years, if only for that door.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I know what you mean about the door, although mine is already a couple years old and has never been out of rotation and it's still not quite that bad.

I have some doors that SUCK though, among them the mighty "DNA 75-C" Mirage, of which I bought two, and both doors broke almost IMMEDIATELY. I HATE that type of door latch, I really do.

They were like, out of production so I just do this like big production with electrical tape and blue packing tape and yah, it is A PAIN but I like the vape enough to do it (and once it's taped, it's good) but I still feel that should not have happened, frankly, especially since well, I couldn't send them back or anything.

Keep in mind the way I use those mods and the batteries I use, I am maybe changing once a month. My Eleaf is still fine and all I have to do is click it back into position every now and then, and then it turns on. Batteries aren't like CASCADING out.

I will probably just minorly electrical tape the edge if I have to at some point oh, in the next two years. I am determined to keep that ONE mod in rotation as long as I can, to find out. I got 8 in the vacopalypse closet, so I'm curious. LOL.

I do get temped the white one looks cool but I am all, "NOPE."

I would say "Once, I required all my vapes to be perfect." That's not actually true the second mod I bought was a Tesla Nano 120 and battery door problems were LEGENDARY. I just bought a silicone case and carried on....

Many of my mods have fatal flaws, and those are the ones I take out with me. I like my nice, pristine, super reliable and perfect ones to stay at home, where they can look beautiful and I have less chance of dropping them, etc.

Anna

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
My experience with the Invoke is that I had one in my hands in a shop one time that was selling it in a clearance sale for 15 bucks and I didn't buy it. I liked it and almost did, but didn't. I'm still kicking myself.

Especially since I loaded Arctic Fox (rocks) onto my Pico S and know that I could have put it on the Invoke too.

Perfect dual 18650 pocket mod. Not much bigger than the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread