Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
That's total bull, most or all of the button and auto-firing issues have been with the authentics and they know it (including my authentic with a very mushy button after a few months)... At least if they'd own up to it and promise to resolve it, it would give customers peace of mind.

If I wanted another istick, I would probably intentionally buy a clone from FT over an authentic.
As far as I know the clones have proven much more reliable. I've only heard of one clone auto firing. If the majority of fails were counterfeits, we all would know it.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I did notice that eleaf is making the new TC coils for the new mod backward compliant for existing GS Air tanks.:thumb:
So TC is available without buying new tanks if you have GS Air tanks now.
Their announcement is a weasel move of the first order regarding the istick issues...:-x

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Following a bad couple of months for Eleaf with reports of the iStick 50W and 30W autofiring and in some cases melting, Eleaf

have come under some heavy criticism and scrutiny.

They recently released this statement:

“In recent months, many eLeaf iStick counterfeits have appeared on the market. We have analyzed these and believe them to be of poor quality and unsafe. It has constituted a serious infringement on our legal rights as well as the legitimate interests of our customers. Moreover, it casts adverse impact on the eLeaf brand image and reputation. Accordingly, we have taken legal measures against counterfeits, and have also taken some possible methods to control the extension of the infringement acts. Please double check via the security code and new surface marks that you are using an authentic eLeaf product. We thank you for supporting eLeaf!”

I don't think iSmoka is going to own up to any responsibility at all. By them making statements like this, I do believe they have resolved the problems with the 50s and 30s, though. There have been countless authentic units that have failed. Because of that, I would personally wait for any new units to be proven before risking any money (like xpen said). As fast as new mods are coming and going, I'm not buying anything new unless it's upgradeable like the SX Mini M :2c:
But the new eleaf 40w TC is tempting at $30 preorder. :)

Me thinks that's '.... covering BS'. My wife had 2 and I had 2 authentic 50's. One of hers and one of mine went bad w/ the auto-firing syndrome. So I suppose you could say we're batting 50/50 w/ the 50's.

I was able to get a refund for hers and at least a replacement for mine. I was happier to get the refund than a replacement.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Me thinks that's '.... covering BS'. My wife had 2 and I had 2 authentic 50's. One of hers and one of mine went bad w/ the auto-firing syndrome. So I suppose you could say we're batting 50/50 w/ the 50's.

I was able to get a refund for hers and at least a replacement for mine. I was happier to get the refund than a replacement.
I don't think many are buying it. Maybe some
th

ARHS

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Sawyers Valley, WA, Australia
Looking for a unit with built in charger?

Subox (Kbox mini but needs an 18650)
Cloupor mini (problems seem solved, no more house burning)
Innokin Cool Fire IV (my favourite at the moment)
Alesia 40w (pretty cool unit and French design)

Or if you don't mind using an external charger, grab yourself a Kbox from Kanger.
Cheap as chips and simple but it will never say "No" to you!

As for all that TC thing going on around...er...I don't let my tanks go dry... :)

Reactions: Cheechako

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Looking for a unit with built in charger?

Subox (Kbox mini but needs an 18650)
Cloupor mini (problems seem solved, no more house burning)
Innokin Cool Fire IV (my favourite at the moment)
Alesia 40w (pretty cool unit and French design)

Or if you don't mind using an external charger, grab yourself a Kbox from Kanger.
Cheap as chips and simple but it will never say "No" to you!

As for all that TC thing going on around...er...I don't let my tanks go dry... :)
Thanks, after readin that I'm orderin an iStick TC 40w, Cheers........:)

Zanzabar78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Jordan
Following a bad couple of months for Eleaf with reports of the iStick 50W and 30W autofiring and in some cases melting, Eleaf

have come under some heavy criticism and scrutiny.

They recently released this statement:

“In recent months, many eLeaf iStick counterfeits have appeared on the market. We have analyzed these and believe them to be of poor quality and unsafe. It has constituted a serious infringement on our legal rights as well as the legitimate interests of our customers. Moreover, it casts adverse impact on the eLeaf brand image and reputation. Accordingly, we have taken legal measures against counterfeits, and have also taken some possible methods to control the extension of the infringement acts. Please double check via the security code and new surface marks that you are using an authentic eLeaf product. We thank you for supporting eLeaf!”

I don't think iSmoka is going to own up to any responsibility at all. By them making statements like this, I do believe they have resolved the problems with the 50s and 30s, though. There have been countless authentic units that have failed. Because of that, I would personally wait for any new units to be proven before risking any money (like xpen said). As fast as new mods are coming and going, I'm not buying anything new unless it's upgradeable like the SX Mini M :2c:
But the new eleaf 40w TC is tempting at $30 preorder. :)
How insulting to every authentic mod owner that had his or her mod fail, really shows eleaf as being untrustworthy.

ARHS

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks, after readin that I'm orderin an iStick TC 40w, Cheers........:)

Although I was merely joking...I do believe all these units are better than any iStick when it comes to QC.
Especially the Kanger and innokin products.

The cloupor mini had a similar story to the isticks. However cloupor did come out with an announcement admitting that they didn't control their QC at that time well. Now that takes guts to say.

As for the Alesia...well...I randomly picked it up. Lol

Reactions: Bikenstein

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Although I was merely joking...I do believe all these units are better than any iStick when it comes to QC.
Especially the Kanger and innokin products.

The cloupor mini had a similar story to the isticks. However cloupor did come out with an announcement admitting that they didn't control their QC at that time well. Now that takes guts to say.

As for the Alesia...well...I randomly picked it up. Lol
I agree that Innokin products are tougher. I've had VV3s, Mvp 2 and several 134s. All tough reliable and still goin strong with no hiccups. :)

Reactions: ARHS

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah it works, but only when it wants to. I don't use it much any more since it starting turning itself on. Glad I only paid like $35 + shipping for it, and that was the authentic "kit". Vendor and Mfg both have me the finger more or less (outside warranty or no response). Using the 'ol trusty original Kanger Kbox I got for $20 shipped. This thing beats the pants off the iStick in reliability. Who needs a screen? The Kbox is to VW mods what the SMPL is to Mechs (IMO).

Last edited:
Reactions: ARHS

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

Dry tanks is what is always talked about, but it's not why TC exists.

Temperature Control is really about preventing the formation of acrylamide which is a carcinogen. Acrylamide is formed whenever vegetable glycerin is heated over 520F, regardless of if your tank or wicks are dry or not. In animal testing acrylamide has been shown to cause tumors in the adrenal gland, thyroid, lungs, and testies, but if you don't mind the possibility of lung cancer or getting your testies cut off then by all means feel free to ignore the risks.

ARHS

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Dry tanks is what is always talked about, but it's not why TC exists.

Temperature Control is really about preventing the formation of acrylamide which is a carcinogen. Acrylamide is formed whenever vegetable glycerin is heated over 520F, regardless of if your tank or wicks are dry or not. In animal testing acrylamide has been shown to cause tumors in the adrenal gland, thyroid, lungs, and testies, but if you don't mind the possibility of lung cancer or getting your testies cut off then by all means feel free to ignore the risks.

520F?
What kind of power will get my occ coils to that?
I'm genuinely curious now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread