Eleaf iStick PICO 75w problem (cou

Status
Not open for further replies.

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
Hi! i bought an eleaf iStick PICO 75w, with an ECLM 0,75 coil. The problem is, when i insert the coil , i dont see any cotton arround the coil. Its like the sides are sealed. Compared to the other coils, where the cotton is visible.

And when i put juice and wait 10 min , and put the wat on 15, i cant feel the taste. it just generate cloude. what can be the problem? i would apreciate i help. i had t20 vapor before.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi! i bought an Eleaf iStick PICO 75w, with an ECLM 0,75 coil. The problem is, when i insert the coil , i dont see any cotton arround the coil. Its like the sides are sealed. Compared to the other coils, where the cotton is visible.
Eleaf_Melo_3_Nano_for_ecigforlife__82881.1482386837.380.500.jpg

I see what you mean. It looks like you should be able to see the cotton wick through those slit/holes. I'm not familiar with those coils, so maybe someone who actually uses that tank/coil can offer advice.

There IS cotton around the coil, I'm just not sure how the liquid feeds to it.

resistance-ecml-075-melo.jpg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You should always prime a new replacement atomizer head before use.
In the instructions you'll see " Please first drip a few drops of e-liquid directly into the coil so as to make it fully saturated before first use."
Drip a few drops on top of the screen against the edges & allow to soak in, then fill tank, thread together let sit for a few minutes. Keep going until the wicking material is fully saturated.

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
Eleaf_Melo_3_Nano_for_ecigforlife__82881.1482386837.380.500.jpg

I see what you mean. It looks like you should be able to see the cotton wick through those slit/holes. I'm not familiar with those coils, so maybe someone who actually uses that tank/coil can offer advice.

There IS cotton around the coil, I'm just not sure how the liquid feeds to it.

resistance-ecml-075-melo.jpg

Im so happy, that you made reaserch for a newbie like me. Thank you sir. Now next time i will be more safe. Thank you for being alot of helpfull +rep 10000 to you

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
You should always prime a new replacement atomizer head before use.
In the instructions you'll see " Please first drip a few drops of e-liquid directly into the coil so as to make it fully saturated before first use."
Drip a few drops on top of the screen against the edges & allow to soak in, then fill tank, thread together let sit for a few minutes. Keep going until the wicking material is fully saturated.

Thank you for help to sir. I guess i made misstake, now i will learn from it. thanks for your advice. z<3

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So 20 watts is good enough. becuse its 8-25 watts
Welcome and glad you joined.
Wattage should be set where you think your getting the following:
Best taste of the e liquid you are vaping with the best wattage you found.
Enough vaper on exhale
Your coil should lasts a decent expected amount of time before you need a new one
If you have any problems with above, you will have to tell us where the problem lies and what your vaping with along with the settings.

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
Welcome and glad you joined.
Wattage should be set where you think your getting the following:
Best taste of the e liquid you are vaping with the best wattage you found.
Enough vaper on exhale
Your coil should lasts a decent expected amount of time before you need a new one
If you have any problems with above, you will have to tell us where the problem lies and what your vaping with along with the settings.

Hi sir. i find my wattage at 15-20 at best range. where i get good taste and cloude. but is it normal that my temprature is 30 celcius. i was looking at arctic fox. do i need to worry?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have a Melo tank. The Eleaf EC line of coils are not great. A better choice would be the Atlantis coils made by Aspire.

Don't try to use temperature control yet. Stay in Wattage mode until you learn more about your device and tank.

If you decide to use the Atlantis coils in your Melo tank, there are versions that use Stainless Steel wire and can be used in either temperature control or Wattage mode. Get some, get used to them and then start learning temp control.

Arctic Fox is a firmware upgrade that changes how your Pico operates. It is mainly used to customize how your device behaves in temperature control. You can try it, but it may overwhelm you until you get the basics on how your device works.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi sir. i find my wattage at 15-20 at best range. where i get good taste and cloude. but is it normal that my temprature is 30 celcius. i was looking at arctic fox. do i need to worry?
I know more about RDA's than tanks, so I would go with CoastalCowboy on this one.
Re: http://..................com/thread...what-is-happening-to-your-mod-in-each.319678/

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
I have a Melo tank. The Eleaf EC line of coils are not great. A better choice would be the Atlantis coils made by Aspire.

Don't try to use temperature control yet. Stay in Wattage mode until you learn more about your device and tank.

If you decide to use the Atlantis coils in your Melo tank, there are versions that use Stainless Steel wire and can be used in either temperature control or Wattage mode. Get some, get used to them and then start learning temp control.

Arctic Fox is a firmware upgrade that changes how your Pico operates. It is mainly used to customize how your device behaves in temperature control. You can try it, but it may overwhelm you until you get the basics on how your device works.
Hi sir. No im
Using wattage mode. I was just woundering if coil temp at 21-30 is normal. Im not using settings that i dont have a idea of.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Hi sir. No im
Using wattage mode. I was just woundering if coil temp at 21-30 is normal. Im not using settings that i dont have a idea of.

It's not "normal," but it's nothing to worry about. That's a reasonable room temperature and it's what the Pico would use as a starting point for its temperature control program. Since you're not (yet) using temp control, it's no big deal. :)

t20 vapor

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
It's not "normal," but it's nothing to worry about. That's a reasonable room temperature and it's what the Pico would use as a starting point for its temperature control program. Since you're not (yet) using temp control, it's no big deal. :)

Oki thank you sir for your help and explanations. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread