Eleaf iStick TC-40W atomiser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin in France

Apr 18, 2020
Hello to you all, I have found that the last batch of atomisers that I purchased are only lasting about a day and despite prepping them properly give a burnt taste. I recently replaced my GS Air-M Atomizer (which contained the type of atomiser as I have been purchasing) and it was a completely different experience - it lasted well over a week but when I replaced the atomiser I got exactly the same problem. Is it possible that there are faulty batches or a new manufacturing process?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Martin in France. Please explain more and someone here may be able to help you. You were using GS Air-M coil heads in the atty and replaced them with the same kind of coil heads or a different kind of coil head? What mod are you using? Are you using the same atomizer or a different kind? Wattage? If everything is the same as before, a bad batch of coil heads is possible.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Hello to you all, I have found that the last batch of atomisers that I purchased are only lasting about a day and despite prepping them properly give a burnt taste. I recently replaced my GS Air-M Atomizer (which contained the type of atomiser as I have been purchasing) and it was a completely different experience - it lasted well over a week but when I replaced the atomiser I got exactly the same problem. Is it possible that there are faulty batches or a new manufacturing process?

Atomizers have dry cotton inside when you buy them. Their performance is tied to complete saturation of the cotton. The way I used to do that was to almost fill the rubber cover with juice and press the atomizer back into the cover a little at a time, allowing it to slowly absorb the juice. Then, let it sit and absorb for a while before using it. It may be necessary to add more juice after that.

It's hard to get enough juice in the cotton by dripping drops into it. You will think it's saturated when the center is still dry. Once an atomizer has burned cotton inside you may never get good flavor out of it. Let it soak in the "condom" for a while and then add drops as long as it will take more juice.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    What coils (specifically) are you using? What wattage are you using? Same juice as before?
    Did you buy the coils from e-bay? Same airflow setting (adjustable air slot)? Most mods have a way to lock the settings so it won't change wattage accidentally.
    I just watched an old video... one of the coil options is a Nickel coil (Ni)... you must use temp control for that. Maybe this will help:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread