Eleaf iStick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekmedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
I've noticed that my Eleaf iStick gets warm when I charge it. Is this normal? Or do I need a different/better charger? It charges through a USB port and I'm using the one that came with it. Had a look but not seen any on line. Please help if you can. It's probably normal but I'm not sure.
Warm is/should be okay. Hot = not good. Mine gets warm in hand while charging, not uncomfortable.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
charging one as we speak..and yeah it's warmer than the one sitting I"m vaping on...

not hot..just not cool to the touch like the other and I've got the heater on 68...so room temp.

HOT I'd worry about and seek tech support or try a plug in to the wall usb adapter with the charger cord they sent..I use that..or my phone's and no problems.

Warm is normal on mine. When I charge off a 2 amp usb charger it gets warm, when I charge off a lower powered usb port it does not. The 2amp charger gets the iStick charged in just over an hour and the usb port gets the job done in a little over 4 (as expected based on capacity).

Following standard battery safety rules, the iStick battery should be able to safely charge at 2 amps, and the heat produced during charging is very similar to what I would expect with other batteries. Since it has a built in charge controller, I would expect that it does not matter what the rating of the "charger" is as the internal processor will keep the charging process withing safe limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread