Eleaf mods hex positive pin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
hope i`m posting in the right place.....
does anyone know if these hex shaped positive pins on istick pico`s for instance and/or other eleaf mods are meant to be or can be removed in any way?.....wondering with them being nut shaped.

hex centre pin.png

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
have you or anyone heard of these pins being slightly grinded down at all?.....
or would it be ok to do so if done reasonably well/level?.....
i think just a few fractions of a millimeter so the atomizer screws down flush,
i`ve done it to the positive pin on an atty itself before with no issue but
i`ve been considering getting the dremel on the positive pin on the mod lol.....
as the pin on one or two of my atty`s is too short to grind them down.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
have you or anyone heard of these pins being slightly grinded down at all?.....
or would it be ok to do so if done reasonably well/level?.....
i think just a few fractions of a millimeter so the atomizer screws down flush,
i`ve done it to the positive pin on an atty itself before with no issue but
i`ve been considering getting the dremel on the positive pin on the mod lol.....
as the pin on one or two of my atty`s is too short to grind them down.
K,
The center pin on my pico (a few years old/round pin) is spring loaded.
Which atomizers are not sitting flush?

Cheers
I

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
it`s not the pico pin i was considering grinding, that was just a photo for reference,
although the pin is spring loaded on the mod/s i`m thinking of grinding....
they are both tube mods, one is an eleaf ijust2 and the other is a wismec visino,
i use the Doggystyle RTA and the Berseker mini on them but they both leave a gap,
i`ve been using them plastic spacers but been thinking of taking a bit off the pin so i don`t need to....a bit OCD lol but there you go.....

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
it`s not the pico pin i was considering grinding, that was just a photo for reference,
although the pin is spring loaded on the mod/s i`m thinking of grinding....
they are both tube mods, one is an eleaf ijust2 and the other is a wismec visino,
i use the Doggystyle RTA and the Berseker mini on them but they both leave a gap,
i`ve been using them plastic spacers but been thinking of taking a bit off the pin so i don`t need to....a bit OCD lol but there you go.....
Ah...I see now.
If you can take them to bits, it should be easy to grind/file down the pins. In situ; may cause more harm than good.

Best of luck
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd practice. It's going to answer your question for you better than we possibly could. My answer would be "no" but I hand that sort of stuff to the husband. It's in theory doable, how it will work out for you (in practice) well, yes, start with something disposable. The worst result will be you continue using your spacers, and the best is that you find it fairly easy. I could get into metals (well, respectfully state that one pin may be easier than the other, potentially) but at least it will give you some idea of how to move forward.

Good luck, so glad (sometimes) I got the ADHD than the OCD. LOL, I will say I don't love gaps myself, but I'm far more likely to stare at them vacantly than to dig out the husband and the tools and etc. :)

Good luck with it!

Anna

Reactions: kydo99

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
I'd practice. It's going to answer your question for you better than we possibly could. My answer would be "no" but I hand that sort of stuff to the husband. It's in theory doable, how it will work out for you (in practice) well, yes, start with something disposable. The worst result will be you continue using your spacers, and the best is that you find it fairly easy. I could get into metals (well, respectfully state that one pin may be easier than the other, potentially) but at least it will give you some idea of how to move forward.

Good luck, so glad (sometimes) I got the ADHD than the OCD. LOL, I will say I don't love gaps myself, but I'm far more likely to stare at them vacantly than to dig out the husband and the tools and etc. :)

Good luck with it!

Anna

yes good point actually with the metals of the pins, one may be slightly softer/harder than the other, i only have one grit of grinding stone too so no idea how rough/smooth of a finish that will put on one pin or the other, when i shortened the pin on an atty it was with a belt sander with numerous grits so i was able to get a good smooth finish.

I have a Doggystyle on my Pico, and yes, the tank is a little bit "well-endowed" for the mod, and there is a gap. I opted to fill the gap with a spacer that I fashioned out of some scrap material.

most my mods/atty`s do leave a slight gap at least....only the odd one that does`nt wich can be annoying, i`ve been trying to find something metal to fashion a spacer out of which would look better than the plastic ones with the stainless steel tube mods.....
then the idea of grinding a bit off the pin on the mod popped into my head.

Last edited:

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
nope, not a good idea lol......
the top of the pin is`nt that thick, it looks like the hex shaped part is press fitted onto a narrower post/pin underneath, it did`nt take much and i was through the hex part and on to the post and it broke away from the post :(
the ego battery i practiced on was round at the top not hex like the eleaf, it did seem harder/thicker in comparison and did`nt break away like the eleaf.
oh well, i had my reservations too but curiousity got the better of me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
nope, not a good idea lol......
the top of the pin is`nt that thick, it looks like the hex shaped part is press fitted onto a narrower post/pin underneath, it did`nt take much and i was through the hex part and on to the post and it broke away from the post :(
the ego battery i practiced on was round at the top not hex like the eleaf, it did seem harder/thicker in comparison and did`nt break away like the eleaf.
oh well, i had my reservations too but curiousity got the better of me.

Better luck next time.
Thanks for taking one for the team. NOW we know.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread