Eleaft iStick Pico 75 - TC bang for buck that is remarkable - Temperature Control Testing ResultsArc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Imgur version of post with all charts and analysis here: imgur.com/a/vc6hvEr
Eleaft iStick Pico 75 - TC bang for buck that is remarkable - Temperature Control Testing ResultsArctic Fox Firmware 190624 Stock SS316 Profile : Vaping

The attached is the first of 7 charts/states tested and does not represent overall performance - see IMGUR or Reddit for full report and analysis, or the TLDR summary. See a full list of mods tested so far, at the bottom of the full post for comparison.

TLDR: I bought this little mod for merely $15 bucks in a sale, and yet other than one (repeatedly tested) very different outcome for a (rarely realistic) completely dry MTL coil, it performs very well as a temperature control device, with good power (unless youre a very high mass dual coil vaper, in which case you need a dual cell mod), tight and accurate temperature control that is arguably largely comparable to dna in most states (see imgur.com/a/EOL9hRE for current DNA series comparison). Its hard to beat in terms of price for performance...lets see how the stock firmware compares in an upcoming test. This Arctic Fox firmware provides a lot of the functionality of a DNA device, its free, and its compatible with a lot of Eleaf, Wismec and Joyetech mods! More testing required to see if it holds up across that range.

Attachments

• A iStick Pico 75 AF190624 Stock Low Dry.JPG
    A iStick Pico 75 AF190624 Stock Low Dry.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 40

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Thanks @AussieGeek, it's extremely useful to know that a decent level of accuracy can be had at an extremely reasonable price.

Is it possible to ask what other mods/chipsets you're going to be testing over time?

Of course, although nothing is set in stone.
I am working on the Voopoo x217 results now.
I just bought a Voopoo drag 2 refresh, the new asmodus minikin, the ehpro cold steel, the Aegis max, Wismec rugged something (and someone is sending me a relaux), and will be retesting a DNA 250C and the pico with stock firmware at some point too.
Please feel free to make requests, as long as I have budget, I will do my best to cover it. What would you like to see?

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Thanks @AussieGeek, it's extremely useful to know that a decent level of accuracy can be had at an extremely reasonable price.

Is it possible to ask what other mods/chipsets you're going to be testing over time?
Also I have a couple of Smoant mods to test, including the squonker! Nearly forgot.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Well I was wondering about the SXmini T Class with the SX580J chipset, as I believe it was released around the same time as the DNA250C?
OK! I will try to get one, the YiHi team has been somewhat interested in my work. I do have access to the SX Mini SL class and a Dovpo Topside Dual Carbon with the YiHi chip too, and they hopefully will be tested in the next 6 months in any case. Are either of those the same board as in the SX Mini T Class?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
I know that the SL Class uses the SX485J chipset, as it's one of my favourites in the ever expanding collection.

And the chipset is a custom variant made specifically for Dovpo for the Topside, similar to Steam Crave with their Hadron.

Good news, YiHi just said they would send me a SxMini T Class to test!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Imgur version of post with all charts and analysis here: imgur.com/a/vc6hvEr
Eleaft iStick Pico 75 - TC bang for buck that is remarkable - Temperature Control Testing ResultsArctic Fox Firmware 190624 Stock SS316 Profile : Vaping

The attached is the first of 7 charts/states tested and does not represent overall performance - see IMGUR or Reddit for full report and analysis, or the TLDR summary. See a full list of mods tested so far, at the bottom of the full post for comparison.

TLDR: I bought this little mod for merely $15 bucks in a sale, and yet other than one (repeatedly tested) very different outcome for a (rarely realistic) completely dry MTL coil, it performs very well as a temperature control device, with good power (unless youre a very high mass dual coil vaper, in which case you need a dual cell mod), tight and accurate temperature control that is arguably largely comparable to DNA in most states (see imgur.com/a/EOL9hRE for current DNA series comparison). Its hard to beat in terms of price for performance...lets see how the stock firmware compares in an upcoming test. This Arctic Fox firmware provides a lot of the functionality of a DNA device, its free, and its compatible with a lot of Eleaf, Wismec and Joyetech mods! More testing required to see if it holds up across that range.
Thanks mate. Excellent testing. I’ve been using my Pico 75’s with Arctic Fox firmware for quite some time and have always had great results. Also run TC on DNA 75 and 75C mods. In my experience AF on a Pico can hang with a DNA chip 100% of the time.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Thanks mate. Excellent testing. I’ve been using my Pico 75’s with Arctic Fox firmware for quite some time and have always had great results. Also run TC on DNA 75 and 75C mods. In my experience AF on a Pico can hang with a DNA chip 100% of the time.
Yep, the data says you are correct friend (unless youre a low mass MTL vaper with a high power setting). I also have been running arctic fox on compatible mods for years, and was expecting it to be decent...but I wasnt expecting it to be THIS decent!

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
I've always believed the Pico is one one the best bang-for-buck mod ever produced. These all have been running ArticFox since the beginning of the firmware:
NIIIIIIICE! I think you can feel pretty vindicated in making that investment friend XD
OHHHH WOTOFO SERPENT MINI MY OLD FRIEND! That was the first RTA that I found to be pretty much foolproof, never leaked, never dry hit, flavour is still up there IMHO...I still use mine too...you made some wise investments! Nice work on the driptip updates for the matchy matchy!

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I always think that it's amazing what a bit of optimised elegant code can do with microprocessor devices.

It's just a shame that the source code isn't available, even though it kind of should be.

And that's great news on the T Class @AussieGeek , I think that you may enjoy SXi over Bluetooth for configuration.

The fidget spinners are a bit gimmicky, but you do tend to end up fiddling with it quite a lot. But the idea may be good for smokers trying to transition to vaping.

The screen though is extremely impressive, I don't know the DPI DPI exactly. But it's got to be at a reasonably high level for images to be displayed as crisp as they are.

Oh, and don't forget to turn off the backlight. Unless you're wanting to draw attention to yourself and set it to flash.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Remember MyEvic? It was a precursor to AF - these two are still running it:
NICE! I actually have an Evic Artic Fox test coming soon...stay tuned...there was a while where I was running a bunch of Evic VTC Minis with AF...subjectively felt pretty decent...will be good to know how it performs relative to Pico findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread