Electronic failure due to vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
This is by no means confirmed but since I started vaping I have two new TVs go with the exact same issue in the space of 6 months no pictures but sounds

Tried everything had electricians out Sky TV engineers etc as I thought I must have had surges causing the issue

Now since I have tv number 3 under warranty I'm yet to have any issues but I have started vaping at the door and not in the living room

Anyone ever experienced anything similar?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Your thoughts along the "surges" line is probably pretty close to the cause. I had a circuit in the house I was renting in the UK that constantly blew light bulbs within days of installing. I tracked it down to the light fixture itself, but I suspect you may have an issue with that particular circuit/outlet. Are there any other appliances on that particular circuit?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This is by no means confirmed but since I started vaping I have two new TVs go with the exact same issue in the space of 6 months no pictures but sounds

Tried everything had electricians out Sky TV engineers etc as I thought I must have had surges causing the issue

Now since I have tv number 3 under warranty I'm yet to have any issues but I have started vaping at the door and not in the living room

Anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Seriously, you really don't think vapor from your mod cause your television set to fail do you?

I can assure you that it did not.

Check the wiring in your home, there may be a fire hazard.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I thought the vg film may have covered some of the internal components

Nope.
Not a chance.
Ask anyone that is familiar with how a TV works.
You could place your set in a room and fill it with clouds every day without damage (you may need to clean the screen).
TV internals aren't that delicate.
E CIG vapor will not kill your TV set.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
We have a deep freezer in our garage. Every so often (maybe once every few months or so) the circuit would trip. It's one of those GFCI outlets. Before calling the electrician out, we thought we would just try replacing that outlet with a new GFCI. It fixed the problem. It has been the longest time without tripping.

There might not be anything 'noticeable' when being checked by an electrician but something that is not quite right.

It is easy to replace an outlet. Just make sure the power is definitely off to the outlet that you are working on.

You could try plugging into a different outlet to see if the same things are happening....... Process of elimination..... Perhaps?

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Another chain vaper here and had absolutely none of the aforementioned problems. Think about it for a moment. ..If vaping caused these types of problems it would have been discovered on large boards like this. People routinely diagnose issues by simply comparing notes and building a base of Knowledge. To the best of my recollection this is The 1st time I've ever heard of this on the multiple boards I travel. More than likely a surge or a transformer upstream causing the problem (or just bad luck)
Bests- David

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Exactly why I started the thread
Another chain vaper here and had absolutely none of the aforementioned problems. Think about it for a moment. ..If vaping caused these types of problems it would have been discovered on large boards like this. People routinely diagnose issues by simply comparing notes and building a base of Knowledge. To the best of my recollection this is The 1st time I've ever heard of this on the multiple boards I travel. More than likely a surge or a transformer upstream causing the problem (or just bad luck)
Bests- David

I have seen other threads like this one with the same responses

I do sit closest to the tv and I always blew my clouds in to the corner of the room to stop my family being pisssssed also that's where the Tv is located

Still no diagnosed outcome and still scratching my head

Both tvs were different brands exact same issue

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Exactly why I started the thread

I have seen other threads like this one with the same responses

I do sit closest to the tv and I always blew my clouds in to the corner of the room to stop my family being pisssssed also that's where the Tv is located

Still no diagnosed outcome and still scratching my head

Both tvs were different brands exact same issue
If they were both plugged into the same outlet, I would call that the common denominator. It is inexpensive to replace the outlet. Very easy to do with the color coding they have now. :)

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
If they were both plugged into the same outlet, I would call that the common denominator. It is inexpensive to replace the outlet. Very easy to do with the color coding they have now. :)
Have tried engineering guys changed everything just to make us happy

We also have expensive surge plugs with warrantys etc

Reactions: Robino1

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
It's possible that a film could build up on electronics, but I doubt it could cause electrical failures. I've seen VG build up on the filters of my PC, leads me to believe it would easily build up on the board if the filters were not in place.

There is an episode of Plumes of Hazard where Brian talks about a film forming under the screen on his lightning bolt display, to the point where he had to have apple repair it. They also discuss a report of someone losing a motherboard and processor due to a short attributed to VG build-up.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Have tried engineering guys changed everything just to make us happy

We also have expensive surge plugs with warrantys etc
I might still plug it in to a different outlet. No one is infallible and mistakes happen. I don't know, I'm crazy that way. ;)

At least you are doing what you can to eliminate those possibilities. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread